Author Topic: Double Deckers now out on DVD  (Read 4175 times)

Offline Rusty Viewer

• Head Groom
  • I found this in my bed this morning...
Double Deckers now out on DVD
« on: September 12, 2010, 03:41:54 AM »
I don't know if this has been mentioned, or if this is the right place to post this exactly, but I noticed recently that Here Come The Double Deckers, which starred Gillian Bailley (Callie in Follyfoot) is now out on DVD.

In an interview a little while ago, Gillian had said it would be hard to release because of copyright money owing for airpplay. guess it was sorted out.

For instance, at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003WUXIYK/ref=s9_newr_gw_ir01?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1SVNY8HZV1GXNAVFZ986&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

Price has dropped I see.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
Re: Double Deckers now out on DVD
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 06:45:05 AM »
I think it has been mentioned recently Rusty but I can't remember where now so it's good you've started a new thread so it won't get lost among other posts.  :)

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 01:41:38 PM »
Thats very interesting to learn-thanks Rusty

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 06:22:39 PM »
I think i will probably buy that especially if theres an interview with Gillian included. Micky 
''Not more flamming horses girl''.

Offline Rusty Viewer

• Head Groom
  • I found this in my bed this morning...
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 12:08:24 AM »
It's not a show I particularly liked or watched myself. I thought the attempt at international mix to appeal to all and sundry failed to gell properly. Yet I understand it was a favourite for others. I've seen enough of it on youtube to be satisfied. For me, the only good thing in it was Gillian Bailley in any case. You notice in the opening sequence it appears she's the only one who can really dance.

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 12:14:38 AM »
I don't really ever remember watching Double deckers, i kind of remember it being on the telly at that time but because it didn't interest me i wouldn't have bothered watching it. Micky

''Not more flamming horses girl''.

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 09:55:31 AM »
It's not a show I p[rticularly liked or watched myself. I thought the attempt at international mix to appeal to all and sundry failed to gell properly. Yet I understand it was a favourite for others. I've seen enough of it on youtube to be satisfied. For me, the only good thing in it was Gillian Bailley in any case. You notice in the opening sequence it appears she's the only one who can really dance.

Yes Gillian Bailley looked lively, confident, energetic -very much used to the stage and acting  :)
As a kid, I used to love the double deckers!  :)