Author Topic: The New Venture  (Read 390 times)

Offline norfolkdumpling

• Steeplechasing Star
Re: The New Venture
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2024, 05:41:38 PM »
'I thought you seemed to be getting along a lot better lately.'
'Yes. I've finally admitted to myself that I love her not as a sister but as my own very special girl.'
'That pleases me a great deal and I'll do anything I can to help you.'
Steve wished the colonel goodnight and had a quick shower before settling into bed with his book but he only managed a couple of pages before sleep claimed him. He woke before his alarm went off and got up immediately. He was soon doing his morning chores whistling happily. The horses greeted him enthusiastically nuzzling his hands in search of the horse nuts he always gave them. He laughed as he produced some from his pocket and received gentle licks in return. His chores done for the moment Steve had a strip wash leaving his shower till later. When he was on his way downstairs he smelled bacon being cooked and was soon tucking in to several perfectly cooked rashers with fried egg, tomatoes and mushrooms.
'You spoil me, Mrs. P.'
'You deserve it. You work so hard and I know you've already done a lot this morning..'
Steve couldn't help but feel a bit guilty being treated so well in her uncle's house while Dora was still having to suffer Slugger's burnt offerings. No sooner had he downed the last mouthful of his second cup of tea than a horsebox drew up followed by a sleek black car. Steve hurried out to greet the driver who held out his hand.
'Mark Sullivan- you must be Steve.'
'Yes, pleased to meet you.'
The horsebox driver and passenger had got out of the vehicle and opened the back of it.
'The chestnut is called 'Shalimar'. He can be a bit of a handful which is why I brought him to you.' said Mark. 'The grey is 'Tornado. He's very nervous so I hope you'll be able to calm him down.'
'The colonel's niece, Dora, is very good with nervous animals and she'll be helping me with their care.'
'Here's a cheque for the first month. I hope you don't mind if I come and check on them after that. It will give them time to settle in'
'Of course, you're welcome any time.' said Steve going over to the new arrivals holding out his hand to offer them horse nuts. He spoke to them softly and Mark felt confident that h had left his horses in good hands.
norfolk dumpling aka loopylin

Offline norfolkdumpling

• Steeplechasing Star
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2024, 10:50:53 PM »
He took his leave sketching a wave and the horsebox driver helped Steve to settle the two horses in their new homes before driving off himself with his passenger. Steve took his time getting to know the new arrivals then went to report to the colonel and hand over the cheque. Later he cycled over to Follyfoot and found Dora in Copper's stable looking harassed'
'Dora, is everything alright?' he asked.
'No, Ron hasn't showed up and we're all behindhand.'
'Finish Copper, tell me what needs doing then go and get a coffee but first come and give me a good morning hug and kiss.'
Dora went into his open arms and lifted her face for his kiss instantly feeling loved and safe.
'Better?'
'Mmmnn, more please.'
He kissed her again.
'Can you see to Samson and Delilah please Steve. They don't seem to be settling in at all.'
They had taken in the two horses belonging to the Derwent sisters when Hazel, who had been riding over to their place each day to care for them said it was getting too much for her with her increased duties at Follyfoot. Ron was supposed to be taking her there on the Tiger but lately he'd said he was too busy which was why she'd had to resort to going on horseback which at least gave one animal some exercise each day. Steve left Dora to carry on with Copper's care and went to the stables where the two old horses were seeing at once that they were restless.
'Hey up you two, what's wrong eh?'
He stroked them both and continued talking softly to them while offering them horse nuts which they both refused. Their food was also untouched. Steve went back to Dora.
'They're definitely pining love and if they can't go back to their own stables we'll have to bring Emily and Agnes here to visit them. Has Ron turned up yet?'
'No.'
'Right well I need to get back on to the college about sending us students on day release. I'll go and see what I can sort out now and when Ron arrives perhaps he can go to the Derwent's. If I'm not mistaken that's him arriving now. '
Ron came and found them and when Dora told him what they wanted him to do he shook his head.'
'Sorry girl, that's not going to happen. The reason I'm late is because I've been to the doctor. Me dad's been complaining because I've been keeping him awake nights with me coughing. I've got a chest infection and I'm on antibiotics. I've got to go for an Xray to make sure it's nothing serious. I can't work as I have to rest, I just came to bring yo my sustificate. I don't know when I'll be back, I'm sorry.'
'Oh mate!' said Steve and Dora bit her lip trying not to cry.

Offline norfolkdumpling

• Steeplechasing Star
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2024, 03:22:19 PM »
Slugger came out of the farmhouse and glared at Ron.
'Yer breakfast is all dried up. Yer'll have to make do with toast.'
'Sorry me old mate. I've gotta go. I'll leave these two to explain.'
He rode off and Dora couldn't stop her tears as Steve explained what was happening to Ron. Then he took Dora in his arms knowing that he had to take control.
'Slugs, go make some strong tea please. Dora, dry your eyes and come inside. I'm going to ring the college and then go and fetch the Derwents to spend some time with their horses. Hopefully this will help them settle down. Where's Hazel?'
'Exercising Moonfleet. She should be back soon.'
'Good.,
He telephoned the college and then the colonel to let him know what was going on. Then, after drinking his tea he telephoned the Derwents
and told them he was going to pick them up.
'Good news girl. The college will send us two students in their final year for 4 hours every weekday for the remainder of this term. It will count towards their work experience. We'll have to manage today but they should be here tomorrow. I've told uncle I'll have a snack here for lunch, I'll pick something up as well as extra milk and biscuits before I pick up Agnes and Emily. Will you be okay now Dora?'
She flung her arms round his neck.
'Yes Steve. Oh I do love you, please don't work too hard.'
Steve's lovely brown eyes sparkled as he hugged her close to him.
'Hard work never hurt anyone and now I feel settled and happy with you I'll work as hard as I can for us. Now don't you work too hard either.'
The colonel phoned and asked Slugger to pick him up so he could support Dora while Steve was away. He said he would bring food for lunch from Mrs. Porter so Steve didn't have to worry about that.
'I want you to come over for your evening meal Dora so you and Steve can have some time together and your room is always ready if you want to stay overnight any time. Mrs Porter is going to cook enough for you and Hazel too Slugger so you can help with the horses and pick your food up later.'
'Thanks uncle, I may stay over tonight so Steve doesn't have to turn out to bring me back after he's been on the go all day.'
Emily and Agnes spent a considerable time with Samson and Delilah and Steve worked hard while he waited to take them back. Slugger had driven the Colonel home as soon as Steve got back from doing that. He had been pleased that the horses had eaten their food and told the sisters that he wouldn't be able to collect them every day but hoped they would settle now.
'If they don't, ring us and we'll get a taxi here. We're so grateful for what you're doing for them.'
Mrs Porter had given Slugger a casserole and vegetables for their tea and he was looking forward to doing it justice. Steve helped Dora Hazel and Slugger with the Follyfoot evening chores then he and Dora went to do the same at the colonel's. They were both really tired but revived after a hot shower and the delicious evening meal. They settled down on the sofa together to watch television but soon sleep claimed both of them.

Offline norfolkdumpling

• Steeplechasing Star
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2024, 10:07:17 PM »
A little later Mrs Porter entered the lounge carrying a tray with two mugs of hot chocolate and some chocolate digestive biscuits.
'Miss Dora' she said giving her hand a gentle pat. Dora woke up.
'Oh Mrs. Porter, thankyou, you shouldn't have bothered.'
'I always make some for the colonel. Steve usually takes it to him and collects his own but I thought as you're here I'd bring it in. I've taken your uncle his. It helps him sleep and keeps him off the whisky. I'll say goodnight now.'
'Goodnight, sweet dreams' said Dora and gently nudged Steve awake.
'I'm sorry girl. I didn't mean to fall asleep.'
'It's okay. You were very tired and I had a nap too. Best have this and be off to bed. We'll need to get up at 5am won't we?'
'I usually do but you don't have to be that early.'
'I do if I'm helping you.'
Their goodnight kisses were sweet and tender but Steve got up abruptly and took the mugs to the kitchen to wash. Dora appeared at the kitchen door and said
'I'll go up then.'
'Yeah, I'll see you in the morning.'
When they were in the stables the next day Dora said
'What went wrong last night Steve?'
'Went wrong- what do you mean?'
'You left me rather suddenly to wash up.'
'Oh that.'
'Yes that Steve.'
He turned to face her and took her in his arms.
'Do you really not know?'
'How could I?'
'Sweet Dora. I keep forgetting how innocent you are. When a bloke really fancies a girl it's not just what he says or the shared kisses, it's how his body reacts to her one part in particular!'
'Oh you mean--'  but she couldn't go on and blushed in embarrassment.
'I'm sorry darling, I didn't mean to be crude but last night after you'd been sitting all cuddled up on my lap I wanted you so much that if we'd stayed there much longer I would have done things I shouldn't.'
'Oh Steve. I want us to well you know. What are we going to do?'
'We must try and not get ourselves in that sort of situation again.'
'But if it's what we both want.'
'Your uncle and Slugger would not approve especially as technically we've not been together all that long as a couple and I'm sorry I'm not ready to consider marriage or even an engagement.'
'Me neither but Ron makes no secret of how he behaves with his girlfriends.'
'We know what he says he does but we don't know how much is true, anyway I'm not Ron.'
'Thank goodness!'
'Come on let's get on with our work, we'll talk more later.'
'Promise?'
'I promise'' he said giving her a hug.

Offline norfolkdumpling

• Steeplechasing Star
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2024, 05:08:46 PM »
I'm going into town to get some shopping for Mrs P later, anything you want?
'You could get some marshmallows so we can have with the hot chocolate next time we have it together' Steve grinned
'So you're thinking of staying over on a regular basis are you?'
'Yes Steve, because I miss you being at Follyfoot.'
'Hmmn'
'What does hmmn mean?'
'I've an idea, I'll tell you about it later.'
After morning tea at the farmhouse Steve set off for the shops with his lists. Dora didn't see him again till he went to Follyfoot to help with the evening chores,
'It's a beautiful night, why don't we skip supper, go for a ride and get fish and chips?' he asked.
'That sounds good. I'll tell Slugs.'
Steve whistled his way through the rest of the chores smiling to himself. He got something out of the land rover and put in his saddlebag.
'Ready girl?'
'Yes, let's go.'
He gave her a long loving hug and kiss before helping her into the saddle although she really didn't need help. They let the horses have their heads and stopped before they reached the village. Steve took Dora in his arms and kissed her with a passion they'd never shared before.
'Did you mean it Dora when  you said you wanted us to make love because I think you must have felt my need just then.'
'Yes to both questions, Steve.'
'Well I said we'd talk more today and when I was in town I went into the chemist and bought us some protection so when the time seems right for both of us we can make love without the fear of you getting pregnant.'
'Oh Steve, how can we.....'
'Trust me Dora.'
'I do'
They rode on into the village and bought their supper eating it outside where there were benches provided for the purpose They then went into the pub for a dink and to use their facilities then rode back towards Follyfoot stopping at the secret lake.

Offline norfolkdumpling

• Steeplechasing Star
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2024, 09:54:49 PM »
Steve drew Alex to a halt and Dora followed suit. She dismounted into his arms. He hugged her close and kissed her tenderly then he took a key from his pocket and headed for the storage shed they had there. To Dora's surprise he took out a pop up tent and two travel rugs. He set up the tent and said 'This will give us a bit of shelter and privacy. He reached into his saddlebag and took out a small packet. 'I brought these with me in case we need them. I'm not saying we will but better to be safe than sorry. He sat down in the tent and Dora joined him.
'This is nice' she said. Steve pulled off his jumper and lay down. Following suit Dora was soon cuddled up in his arms and they were kissing hungrily. Buttons were undone and shirts slipped from shoulders. Slipping his hand inside her bra Steve caressed her gently.
'Take it off Steve' she pleaded. He did so and pulled off his tee shirt. He caressed her breasts again and kissed her nipples. She moaned as he took each one in turn into his mouth. Her hands strayed down to the waistband of his jeans.
'Sweetheart, we don't need to go any further just because I've brought condoms but you can feel how much I want you. There'll come a point soon when I won't be able to stop.'
'I don't want you to' she said easing down first his zip then her own and pushing down their jeans.
'We'll take things as slowly as we can as it's your first time. It may be a bit uncomfortable at first but I'll try not to hurt you.'
Amidst lots of kisses and caresses they divested themselves of the rest of their clothes and once Steve had put on the protection gave themselves to each other only stopping their loving when they heard the horses getting restless.
'You ok sweetheart?'
'Yes. Oh Steve I' so glad you thought of this.'
'We'd best get dressed now' he said 'You take care of the horses while I stow the things away.' He gave her one last kiss then began to get dressed.
'It's okay now while the weather is fine but what are we going to do when it gets cold or windy and wet? ' asked Dora