Author Topic: New member from Canada  (Read 778 times)

Offline Anita Elizabeth

• New Rider
New member from Canada
« on: December 04, 2023, 03:15:37 PM »
Hi everyone!  >11< I'm happy to join this Follyfoot Fan forum!
I was around 12 or 13 years old when I watched Follyfoot in my hometown of London, Ontario, Canada.
I loved the series so much and it has always stayed with me through to adulthood.
My husband has now watched all of the episodes as we bought the DVD set, and he enjoys it as well. I'm guessing many of you rewatch them again and again.

I can't put into words how it makes me feel to watch the episodes after all of these years, but it's magical and brings me back to how I was at that age. I connected with the character of Dora in so many ways, as I'm sure many of you did too. I wanted to be there, at Follyfoot Farm, as part of the group, with Dora, Steve, Ron, Slugger and the Colonel.

The Lightning Tree song triggers nostalgic feelings every time I hear it. I had read Monica Dickens' books about Follyfoot back when I was about 11 or 12, and I have some copies now. Anyway, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm looking forward to reading the topic posts here. It's so nice to be connected to a group of people who remember and love Follyfoot like I do!  >95<

Offline pete2013

• Dressage Rider
Re: New member from Canada
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 06:46:41 AM »
Hi everyone!  >11< I'm happy to join this Follyfoot Fan forum!
I was around 12 or 13 years old when I watched Follyfoot in my hometown of London, Ontario, Canada.
I loved the series so much and it has always stayed with me through to adulthood.
My husband has now watched all of the episodes as we bought the DVD set, and he enjoys it as well. I'm guessing many of you rewatch them again and again.

I can't put into words how it makes me feel to watch the episodes after all of these years, but it's magical and brings me back to how I was at that age. I connected with the character of Dora in so many ways, as I'm sure many of you did too. I wanted to be there, at Follyfoot Farm, as part of the group, with Dora, Steve, Ron, Slugger and the Colonel.

The Lightning Tree song triggers nostalgic feelings every time I hear it. I had read Monica Dickens' books about Follyfoot back when I was about 11 or 12, and I have some copies now. Anyway, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm looking forward to reading the topic posts here. It's so nice to be connected to a group of people who remember and love Follyfoot like I do!  >95<

Anita Elizabeth,

>124<  to the Forum!

Offline Anita Elizabeth

• New Rider
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 02:02:34 PM »
Thank you for the welcome!  >95<

Offline Lord Charles

• Show Jumping Champion
  • I can't BEAR to be away from Follyfoot!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 11:02:48 PM »
Welcome to the Forum!
Long live Follyfoot!

Offline Silvia M

• New Rider
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 05:15:41 AM »
Hi Anita!

Welcome to the Follyfoot forum  :)

Yes your thoughts about Follyfoot in your introduction sums it up for me too   >331<

from Silvia, Australia

Offline Anita Elizabeth

• New Rider
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2023, 09:00:49 PM »
Thanks everyone for the welcome! I'm happy there are still active people here. I read that this forum was very active several years ago, but not so much now. I do visit the website, and I have joined the Facebook group too! I just watched the episode "Barney" last night. I continue to rewatch the whole series, once a year. I guess I'm an addict, lol!
I hope all of you are doing well, Happy Holidays!  >95<