Author Topic: Hi folks!  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Wee Charlie

• New Rider
Hi folks!
« on: July 15, 2022, 11:58:34 PM »
Hello everyone!
I’m so glad I found this forum. About a year ago I came across the theme music to Robinson Crusoe starring Robert Hoffmann as Robinson Crusoe on YouTube. This got me trying to find videos of other shows I fondly remember. So now I ordered  Follyfoot on DVD from eBay. Here’s to some enjoyable reminiscing   >5<

Offline Silvia M

• New Rider
Re: Hi folks!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 02:02:05 AM »
Welcome Charlie! 

It's great to have some newcomers to the forum. I'm also new - but also watched some of Follyfoot when it was transmitted in the 1970's here in Australia.

I also ordered the dvd set and Jane Royston's book "Follyfoot Remembered" a couple of months ago - both wonderful reminders of happy and changed times. It gives you a chance to watch the details of the show, and the book has more info, pictures and interviews and Jane's stories of each episode in her role as the Horse Manager. I also like the info about Hollin Hall.

The Follyfoot Fan tribute site is also as phenomenal as this forum in the dedication and information, and the Facebook page is also active too.

Enjoy! And long live Follyfoot!  :)

Offline pete2013

• Dressage Rider
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 07:42:30 AM »
 >124<  to the Forum!

Offline Wee Charlie

• New Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 08:37:20 AM »
Thanks Silvia M and Pete 2013.

Offline Lord Charles

• Show Jumping Champion
  • I can't BEAR to be away from Follyfoot!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2022, 11:03:27 PM »
Hi Charlie!  >11<  >33<
Long live Follyfoot!

Offline Wee Charlie

• New Rider
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2022, 12:13:31 AM »
Hi, Sir  >11<

Offline pete2013

• Dressage Rider
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 09:32:10 AM »

Anyone remember Tom Grattan’s War?
I have it on DVD. I remember it from 1968 when I think it was shown on a Sunday?

Of course it’s particularly appropriate that this is mentioned on the Follyfoot Forum - Tom Grattan’s War being Tony Essex’s project immediately preceding Follyfoot and - to myself - almost a precursor to the latter.

The serials certainly had commonalities.  Both storylines were about the adventures of teenagers and made good use of the same assets - the Yorkshire countryside and actors - the latter including Jack Woolgar (Seth Draper in “A Present For Sandy”) and Jean Lockhart (the “shopkeeper” in “Fly Away Home”).

This may be an opportune time to clear-up the mystery surrounding the actresses Rosamond Burne and Jean Lockhart:

http://follyfoot.org/smf/index.php/topic,2752.msg111185.html#msg111185

;)