Author Topic: The Complete Series 1-3 on dvd and missing scenes  (Read 23588 times)

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
Re: The Complete Series 1-3 on dvd
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 11:27:57 AM »
Yes Micky, it would have been nice to be able to view extras, including , lost scenes and unseen stills.

Perhaps the book will give us some insight to behind the scenes and new photographs.

Sue
 :)

"all you are, and all you mean to me"

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 12:34:10 PM »
Yeah it would have been Sue,.   ;)
''Not more flamming horses girl''.

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 06:30:18 PM »
Hi yes would have been interesting if there had been 'extras' on the dvds bt the forthcoming book will be a gem for all the generations of Follyfoot fans instead  :)

Offline Alfy Door

• Carriage Driver
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 07:52:09 PM »
I suspect they were a bit hamstrung for available extras, given the lack of appearances by the principals since the series ending, and I don't think any of us know of outtakes etc. that exist.

They could have 'created' extras of course, seeking out Gillian, Steve, Christian and/or seeking out material for a documentary, but that would involve a fair bit of time and money, for debatable extra sales.

I suspect most of us are happy to at least have the episodes rather than nothing.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 08:11:16 PM »
I suspect most of us are happy to at least have the episodes rather than nothing. 

Most definately Alfy.  :)

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »
We waited sooo long for the episodes whether on video or dvd - I never thought they would ever come out!  I'm very thankful for them.   :)

Someone's got to care

Offline Howard Kettle

• New Rider
  • I Love Dora
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 03:25:51 PM »
That there are scenes missing from the DVDs is heart-breaking news to me.Were the episodes shown on ITV around 1988/9 complete? If so,as I have most of these on tape,I'd like to be able to compare them with my DVDs if anyone can tell me which episodes have scenes missing?

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 04:58:17 PM »
Hi Howard, welcome :)

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 07:38:45 PM »

Welcome Howard,  it's always nice to see a new face.

I taped the Ff episodes when they were aired in the 80's and I'm afraid to say not all of them were shown in their entirety. :(
The reference to 'a daffodil' in 'The Two Legged Hat' always confused me until I acquired the 'unofficial' DVDs and discovered that a scene between Ron and Clem Barretts's mother was missing from the 80's episodes re-runs. As were scenes from 'Barney'. To name just two.

Sue
 :)

"all you are, and all you mean to me"

Offline Howard Kettle

• New Rider
  • I Love Dora
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 03:35:22 PM »
Thankyou for the welcomes.Glad to be here at last!As I live only about 15 miles from Harewood,I'm hoping to go up there on a Treasure hunt this summer for the first time.It's funny to think that, as I watched the first series almost 29 years ago as a 12 year old,I had no idea that a lot of it was being filmed virtually just up the road.

As for the miissing scenes,I decided to start running my VHS episodes against the DVDs over the week-end & the first thing I noticed was the 10 second scene in the episode 'Steve' just after Dora has left Steve in the trees with the lame horse & Steve is crouching near to the horse.This little scene is in a slightly different place on the DVD episode.It doesn't make a great deal of difference to the story but,if you look closely,it does jar slightly with the flow of the action on the DVD version of 'Steve'.It occurs at 17.02 in the DVD episode.My guess is that it's a scene that has been taken out for some reason in the past and put back in the wrong place.

Later in the same episode,at 23.44 (after Dora walks past the lake looking for Folly)on the DVD ,there is a 17 second cut.The scene that's missing is where Dora is shown walking along side a wooden fence as she continues her search for Folly. After the cut,the story resumes as Dora finds Folly in the trees.

I don't suppose we'll ever get to find out why these cuts ended up on the Network set.If they were cuts made to make episodes fit into station schedules then why are there only certain episodes with scenes missing & not the rest?
It's a pity because after all,"these are all treasures".

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 06:23:33 PM »
As I live only about 15 miles from Harewood,I'm hoping to go up there on a Treasure hunt this summer for the first time.

I hope you enjoy your visit Howard and tell us all about it? ;)

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
As I live only about 15 miles from Harewood,I'm hoping to go up there on a Treasure hunt this summer for the first time.

I hope you enjoy your visit Howard and tell us all about it? ;)

Hi Howard

Nice to see you on the Forum.   :)  Another Follyfan who lives near Hollin Hall... lucky thing.  I know you'll enjoy your visit to the farm - it's something very special.    8-)

Someone's got to care

Offline Howard Kettle

• New Rider
  • I Love Dora
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 03:32:34 PM »
After 'Steve',the next edited episode I came across was,'Stryker's Good Deed'.There is a 2-minute cut at 18.45, directly after Ron tethers Jon-Jon.The missing scene shows Dora rise from the hammock,go into the stable & talk to Steve about Gip & Mr.Simkins.The action on the DVD resumes with the barge on the canal.

I'm hoping that if the Australian DVD company,Umbrella,ever get round to issuing Follyfoot down there as they have with many of the British series that Network have put out in recent years ,perhaps they will give us the complete episodes.

"Oh Mate!"

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 08:02:47 PM »
Hi Howard, is there a chance you could lend some of us your treasuerd FF vhs videos ? !  ;)

Could not the missing clips be up- loaded in any way on this site perhaps ?

Just a thought? ::)? Pete

Offline Howard Kettle

• New Rider
  • I Love Dora
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2010, 03:32:32 PM »
Thanks Pete
Uploading the missing scenes is a great idea!I will give it some thought & try to get it organized.As I don't actually  own a computer(!),it's just going to take that little bit longer.But it's possible and a nice little project to get into.I'm definitely going to give it a try.It should keep my sister's lap-top busy for a while!

Back to the DVD cuts.The third and final episode in series one that I came across that  was noticeably missing a scene was,'Mr.She-Knows'.As far as I can tell,there is one scene missing.It's right after Dora is pouring the tea and the cut occurs at 6.04 on the DVD.The missing scene lasts 1.45 mins. and consists of Ron riding up & knocking the gate open with his front wheel as he arrives for work.The Colonel demands to know,"what's the meaning of this?",to which Ron feebly replies,"me brake busted". "Brake busted,me foot!",says the Colonel as he continues to tell Ron off.

I wonder if anyone can give me some advice as to the accessability to the farm up at Harewood? As I plan to get up there some time this year,I'd like to know just how close one can get to the buildings.Is permission needed to look round or is access to the land part of the ticket price people pay to look around Harewood during the Summer months?