Author Topic: Snippetts of info  (Read 20124 times)

Offline Nik

• Dressage Rider
  • Founder & administrator 2004-2009
Snippetts of info
« on: August 17, 2009, 02:15:38 PM »
What original recordings are left

Follyfoot episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6 & 8 plus various others from the second and third series make a total of 13 episodes are on Digi Beta Format. The rest are on the original film reels.
Nik - Follyfoot forum founder and editor 2004-2009 | Follyfoot website researcher and contributor 2004-2007

Offline badger

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
Re: Snippetts of info
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 10:13:18 AM »
does this mean we have not seen all the episodes made when we bought the three  series on c d. :o

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 01:14:52 PM »
Just different formats Badger. Follyfoot was originally shot on film rather than video tape. Some scenes were cut from the DVD releases as it seems the DVD releases were taken from a rerun of Follyfoot (not the originals, Nik?) which included advert breaks... which meant some scenes had to be cut to allow for the adverts.
Cheers
Sabrina x
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline jmorgan

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 06:23:24 AM »
If it was shot on film then a high definition Bluray version could be released.? Guess it would never happen but it would have been nice.

Jeff

Offline mjmdvm

• Cross Country Rider
  • A fan from long ago
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 01:29:31 PM »
If it was shot on film then a high definition Bluray version could be released.? Guess it would never happen but it would have been nice.

Jeff

It sure would Jeff! I'd then have an excuse to get rid of my 20+ year old TV sets and enter the 21st century. Imagine... Follyfoot on Blue Ray shown on a 52 inch plasma HD telly!! >1< >19< >19<
MJM

Riding:  The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.  ~Author Unknown

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Axxell

• Carriage Driver
  • Les Chevaux Du Soleil..
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 10:30:55 AM »
Which explains the trouble, no, the sheer impossibility of transferring the above EPs from Euro PAL to our NTSC format!! Bloody Loony!! >:( >:(
``That`s craftman`s work! I`m not crafty as some!``..Dora Maddox to Ron Stryker.

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 01:36:14 PM »

Jeff

It sure would Jeff! I'd then have an excuse to get rid of my 20+ year old TV sets and enter the 21st century. Imagine... Follyfoot on Blue Ray shown on a 52 inch plasma HD telly!! >1< >19< >19<
*Swoon*
Cheers
Sabrina x
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Axxell

• Carriage Driver
  • Les Chevaux Du Soleil..
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 02:29:38 PM »
Got the 52'' Plasma...All i need is a complete NSTC transfer & i'm all set!! :(
``That`s craftman`s work! I`m not crafty as some!``..Dora Maddox to Ron Stryker.

Offline mjmdvm

• Cross Country Rider
  • A fan from long ago
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 01:09:08 PM »
Got the 52'' Plasma...All i need is a complete NSTC transfer & i'm all set!! :(

I've got the conversion part OK- thanks to a region free DVD player. But it's not a Blue Ray  >38<
MJM

Riding:  The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.  ~Author Unknown

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo da Vinci