Author Topic: Visiting Follyfoot locations June 2014 (videos)  (Read 14653 times)

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
Visiting Follyfoot locations June 2014 (videos)
« on: July 09, 2014, 06:34:54 PM »
During my recent trip to Yorkshire for a forum meet up I decided to visit several Follyfoot locations on my motorbike and make a few helmet cam videos.
Hope you like them  :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Palladian Villa at Stockeld Park was the Colonel's residence, this is the first thing Dora would have seen as she was driven through the famous gates in Episode 1 "Dora".

Sincere thanks to the owners of Stockeld Park for giving me permission to film this video, Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several locations were filmed at Thorner Village Main Street, including: The School (now the Parish centre) in Episode 11 "Out of the Blue Horse", The florist shop in Episode 13 "Fly Away Home", The  Saddler Shop, Hat Shop and The Ford in Episode 28 "The Four Legged Hat".

The church at the end of the street can be seen in some of the shots behind Dora and Ron.

The saddlers shop, where Dora bought Coppers blanket, as it is today can be seen in the still picture above, it's the nearest building on the left.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is Swindon Lane that leads to Kirkby overblow. At 02:01 you will see the layby that Steve turned into on Rons bike. The section of road at 02:06 was also used in other motorbike scenes. At 07:48 you will see the Clap Gate Inn which appeared in Episode 11 "The Standstill Horse". The Inn is now a row of cottages and the video ends at Sicklinghall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Forge appeared in Episode 13 "Walk in the Wood" and Wike Lane appears in Episode 12 "Birthday at Follyfoot", where you see Ron riding his motorbike towards us at 02:26. The Barn at 03:53 can also be seen in the background as Ron rides past it.
Sadly the Forge was demolished December 2014

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaving the grounds of The Harewood Estate passing the Harewood Arms and arriving at the Harewood Village Hall. The Village Hall is where Dora went to a disco in Episode 6 "The Challenge".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This section of Swindon Lane was used when Steve rides Rons bike and turns off to ride across the fields to the farm in Episode 4 Shadow, the turn off is shown clearer at the end of the video.
It was also used to film the scene where Dora is on the back as Steve rides Rons bike.
The start of the video would have been the view Ron and Lewis had as they raced, Lewis skid and Ron's bike broke down here. (0.39)
A lot of this road can be seen in the video on the video section of the forum under the name of "Follyfoot - Motorbikin'"

You don't stop riding when you get old - you get old when you stop riding.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
Re: Visiting Follyfoot locations June 2014 (videos)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 08:26:03 PM »
Excellent Tony  >39<  It's like Google Street view only quicker  >73< :D

Love the Stockeld vid  8) But that Forge! It won't be standing much longer by the looks of it  >47<

I'll put these on the website :)

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 08:32:29 PM »
Thank you   >41<

Offline norfolkdumpling

• Steeplechasing Star
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 09:09:35 PM »
i enjoyed the sightseeing tour on your motorbike Tony thanks. Sad about the state of the forge but good that other landmarks are still standing.
norfolk dumpling aka loopylin

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 10:41:54 PM »
Great idea Tony - thanks   >41<

That forge though   >47< >47< >47< although amazingly the pump's still there  ???

Someone's got to care

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 11:39:50 PM »
Tony, thank you for a wonderful 'visit' to locations - it was like being there. Love helmet cam! >41< >73<

It's good to see that the locations are still clearly identifiable; not much has changed in many cases except the trees have grown.

That poor old forge though, I'd love to rescue it.  >47<
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 06:12:17 AM »
That poor old forge though, I'd love to rescue it.  >47<

Yep we should all club together and buy it!

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 01:19:04 PM »
Mr Loopy and I actually looked into it years ago but it wasn't to be... the owners didn't want to sell.   >47<

Someone's got to care

Offline Motormouse

• Head Groom
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 01:55:30 PM »
Great Vid's Tony brings back memories, love the CBF.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 02:24:41 PM »
Mr Loopy and I actually looked into it years ago but it wasn't to be... the owners didn't want to sell.   >47<

So you did I'd forgotten that  :-[ Pah!  >47<

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 05:38:33 PM »
Thank you everyone  >41< glad you like them.

Agree it's a shame the state the forge is in. I was going to claim squatters rights  >104<

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 05:40:15 PM »
Great Vid's Tony brings back memories, love the CBF.

Thank you Motormouse  >41<

We'll have to team up one day  >73<   >73<

Offline pete.r.

• Steeplechasing Star
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 06:19:03 PM »
Great video's Tony, enjoyed them very much indeed   >41<
Cut out the strong to help the weak

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 06:45:00 PM »
Great video's Tony, enjoyed them very much indeed   >41<

Thanks Pete  >41<

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 09:11:57 PM »
... I was going to claim squatters rights  >104<

What a great idea.... if you're brave enough   ::) 

Someone's got to care