Author Topic: parental guidance change to 12 years!!  (Read 6632 times)

Offline marshall

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot!
parental guidance change to 12 years!!
« on: August 02, 2010, 04:18:42 PM »
 :DI was lucky to get a second hand dvd series one and noticed that a change on the cover of dvd from the boxset I bought..the boxset editions were not the same as the individual copies sold.I did notice that for some reason the sencor label had changed from "PG"to 12 years and over...not to be sold to anyone under that age!!I wonder why network changed this!!also noted on the rear of the boxset is:The best sourced material has been used for these dvds due to archival material quality will vary...some of the music may be not as originally aired!! ;) ;)

Offline NokuMarie

• Cross Country Rider
  • "No matter where you go, there you are."
Re: parental guidance change to 12 years!!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 04:25:49 PM »
My guess would be that this addresses violence and cruelty to animals issues... it certainly wasn't due to any prurient content!

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 06:24:21 PM »
I see what you mean marshall about the singular DVDs being different from the box set. Series two has PG on the cover the same as series one, but the third series has a 12 rating. Does seem a bit strange as the level of "violence and cruelty to animals" is the same throughout the whole series I would have thought.  >48<

Maybe they made the box set all 12 rating to make it easier?

And very odd they say the incidental music might be different from the televised versions.  ???

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 07:58:43 PM »
The third series included some much darker material which is why I think it became a 12 instead of PG.  Miss Him When He's Gone, The Dream, The Letter, Rain on Friday, Hazel and Walk in the Wood had pretty dark stuff in them including quite realistic fights.  The Hazel episode in particular would have been quite scarey for under 12s in the 70s.

Someone's got to care

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 08:11:40 PM »
Yes series three was much darker I agree loopy. The first series did have horses being shot though which might be upsetting and the night rider scenes weren't very nice. Perhaps not enough to make it a 12 rating perhaps.  >48<

Offline mjmdvm

• Cross Country Rider
  • A fan from long ago
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 01:36:56 PM »
Yes series three was much darker I agree loopy. The first series did have horses being shot though which might be upsetting and the night rider scenes weren't very nice. Perhaps not enough to make it a 12 rating perhaps.  >48<

I agree. You see a lot worse in the cinemas and on X box screens nowadays and barely get a PG 13 rating on them.
MJM

Riding:  The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.  ~Author Unknown

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline marshall

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 07:06:31 PM »
 :D :DIt may be Sluggers promotion of "bacon an eggs" would be good for you...ie kids eat too much!whats your cholestral number!!sluggers legacy!!!....bacon an eggs are good for you..as part of a balanced diet! ;D ;D

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 08:03:30 PM »
:D :DIt may be Sluggers promotion of "bacon an eggs" would be good for you...ie kids eat too much!whats your cholestral number!!sluggers legacy!!!....bacon an eggs are good for you..as part of a balanced diet! ;D ;D

>49<

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 08:58:25 PM »

Of course marshall, that must be it.   ;D   ;D

Someone's got to care

Offline Pen.

• Global Moderator
  • Steve 4 eva!
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 02:11:23 PM »
When Follyfoot first aired it was heralded as the first drama series aimed specifically at young teens so I suppose they were always looking at the 12+ market...
...seems to have worked too looking at how many of us still love it so much >30<

Pen :-*
Rainbow chasers of the world unite!

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 01:06:38 PM »
Actually Slugger's high protein bacon and eggs breakfast, hearty sausages and meaty stew for lunch would get the tick from the low-carb diet people! The doorstep bread is a worry though,.

Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 01:33:08 PM »
 >104<

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 03:07:59 PM »
 ;D

Offline NokuMarie

• Cross Country Rider
  • "No matter where you go, there you are."
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 05:14:29 PM »
Possible additional reasons for the more restricted rating...

Images of people riding horses and motorcycles without... (*gasp*)... Protective Head Gear!  Politically, socially and legally incorrect nowadays. Came to me after viewing Sonik’s motorbikin’ video and reading Suzy’s comment, “They need their heads banging together.” Wouldn’t surprise me if helmet laws were enacted governing the latter behavior or any subsequent activity which might result after such banging together of heads.

Images of a teenager smoking!  No, no... can't have that, either, for the same reasons as above.  Might give contemporary children a bad idea!

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 05:29:52 PM »

On the subject of the mandatory wearing of crash helmets by motorcyclists.
The 1980's re runs of Follyfoot had a oral statement at the end of the episodes with biking scenes, saying that it was now law that crash helmets must be worn.

"all you are, and all you mean to me"