Author Topic: Hello from RainbowLady :-)  (Read 3180 times)

Offline RainbowLady

• New Rider
Hello from RainbowLady :-)
« on: July 08, 2020, 04:39:10 PM »
Hello, and thank you for letting me join the forum  :)   I've just had a browse of some of the posts and it looks like a lovely friendly place to be!  I am nearly 50 years too late when it comes to watching Follyfoot! A penpal of mine sent me the DVD box set as a gift as she thought it would bring back happy memories of the 1970s... and I had to admit that I never watched it then  :-[ We then worked out that I would have only been a toddler when it was originally shown, which is probably why I just missed out!  Well, I have now binge-watched the whole box set and am hooked - I absolutely love it! Even though I didn't see it in the 70's it's so typical of that lovely, happy, more innocent time. I found the later series were far 'darker' than the early episodes and this really fascinated me.  I'd become very attached to the characters by then and was really moved by the emotion of the final series - Steve's anger, Dora's distress.  Incredibly well acted and riveting drama! I felt quite washed up and adrift emotionally after watching the final episode  >47< Anyway, it's great to be here!  >11<

Offline Kali

• Stable Hand
Re: Hello from RainbowLady :-)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 10:37:09 AM »
Hello RainbowLady and welcome to our virtual follyfoot. Most here went through the emotional climax of the three series with a feeling of unfinished business at the end. In our teens, the stars were our heros. Gillian (Dora) owns the script of a planned Follyfoot feature length film which was never produced for a number of reasons. One day I hope the intended Follyfoot ending is made known to the fans, at least.

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 08:49:24 PM »
A great big FF welcome from me Rainbow Lady   >33<

Certainly, for me, watching it as an adult was very different to watching it as a teenager and I can see why it was as popular with the parents at the time, as it was with the children.

The casting was brilliant and, as you say, the acting, especially as the main characters were so young then, was superb.

I'm so pleased we have another 'hooked' Follyfilly!   >14<

Someone's got to care

Offline RainbowLady

• New Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 12:03:52 PM »
Thank you!  :) That's really interesting to know about the movie that was planned - it definitely would be great to know 'what happened next..' as it seemed to end with more questions than answers.  One thing I did wonder, what age were the characters of Dora/Steve/Ron meant to be in the show? I was never quite sure >48<

Offline Lord Charles

• Show Jumping Champion
  • I can't BEAR to be away from Follyfoot!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 08:57:17 PM »
 >124<
Welcome to the Forum, RainbowLady!
Long live Follyfoot!

Offline pete.r.

• Steeplechasing Star
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 10:23:37 AM »
 >33< RainbowLady to a wonderful forum.
Cut out the strong to help the weak

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 08:00:08 PM »
Thank you!  :) One thing I did wonder, what age were the characters of Dora/Steve/Ron meant to be in the show? I was never quite sure >48<

Don't think any of us were quite sure RainbowLady  >367< but late teens for Dora and early 20s for the boys I would guess.   >48<

Someone's got to care