Author Topic: Jane and the Forum and Website  (Read 17894 times)

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
Jane and the Forum and Website
« on: March 22, 2016, 07:12:01 AM »
Hello everyone,

Some of you are wondering where Jane is as she hasn't been on here for several days. Last week she messaged me and asked if I was interested in taking over ownership of the Forum and Website, as Jane said she had a lot on her plate at the moment and wanted to "take Slugger's advice and move to pastures new". I was stunned but agreed to take over as Follyfoot's been a big passion for me since 1973.

So... Jane has left the Forum and says she won't be checking messages. This came as much as a shock to me as it must do to you, as Jane has been the life and soul of this place since she took over the reins from Nik several years ago.

If Jane does drop in, I'm sure you'll join me in wishing her all the best, lots of love, and a hope that life is good to her.

We have such lovely members here; I hope you'll continue to support our Forum, post your pictures and fan fiction, talk about anything under the sun, have a giggle, and drool over Steve/Dora/Ron/Slugger :o/Hazel/Tina/The Colonel  :o...  we are still a wonderful family of strangers.

Sabrina x
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
Re: Jane and the Forum and Website
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 04:47:02 PM »
I'm so glad you've taken this on Sabrina and I too hope that everyone will keep on posting (purely selfish as I'm not on Facebook and this is my only link to Follyfoot and all you Follyfriends.   >392<

It is a shame that Jane has left us but we have to respect her wishes and feelings and hope that one day she may well get the urge to pop in and see us again.   :(

I know that you will do a grand job Sabrina   >41<

Someone's got to care

Offline MidnightZodiac

• Western Rider
  • In silence they scream.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 05:31:19 PM »
Best of luck Sabrina. >41< And thank you too.

Come on Follyfooters, in the words of 'Hurricane Smith' (That dates me :-[) Don't let it Die...

Best wishes Jane, should you ever pop in and read these words. >403<
"We shape horses, then they shape us, but, we must be what we want our horses to become."

Offline pete.r.

• Steeplechasing Star
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 05:53:53 PM »
Very sad to hear Jane has left. :(. Hope that life is kind to her and that  one day she will return.
Thanks to Sabrina for taking over the forum and website.  >41<
Cut out the strong to help the weak

Offline FollyFootfan1689

• Show Jumping Champion
  • 2nd Generation Follyfooter
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 06:25:53 PM »
Yes good luck Sabrina and a big thank you to Jane for all she's done and all the best for the future.  ;)

Thanks Loopy for letting me borrow the caps!

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 07:44:13 PM »
I am also sad and shocked to hear that Jane has left she was in charge of the forum all the time i have been on the forum since January 2010, i will miss you Jane.  >47<

I am very glad to hear that Sabrina has kindly taken over from Jane to take on overall charge of the forum well done Sabrina you have my full support.  >41<   
''Not more flamming horses girl''.

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 08:40:50 PM »
Good luck with your new venture Sabrina  >41< I'm sure you'll do us proud  :)

Sad to hear Jane has left us  >47< I hope every thing works out for you Jane  >116<

Won't be the same without you  :(
You don't stop riding when you get old - you get old when you stop riding.

Offline Lord Charles

• Show Jumping Champion
  • I can't BEAR to be away from Follyfoot!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 09:38:43 PM »
Wow! That's quite a shock!  :o

Jane - thanks for all your hard work over the years! Please do drop in from time to time!    >11<

Sabrina - thanks for taking on the Forum, and best of luck! >41<
Long live Follyfoot!

Offline pete2013

• Dressage Rider
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 08:08:09 AM »
All my own sentiments have been admirably expressed by everyone above.

Most of all I should like to echo this:

I'm so glad you've taken this on Sabrina and...I know that you will do a grand job...

Sabrina - a heartfelt thank-you.  >41<

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 10:18:04 PM »
 >366< everyone. This forum is a special place for all of us, and a more intimate place than Facebook to discuss Follyfoot and be as off topic as we want, so it will go on for as long as possible, until the last person turns out the lights.  :)
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 10:26:33 PM »
... so it will go on for as long as possible, until the last person turns out the lights.  :)

>311<    >331< >122< >120<

Someone's got to care

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 11:01:49 PM »
I guess running a website is a BIG undertaking and it must take a lot of time & energy to carry it on day after day i was quite amazed some days when Jane would come on the forum and would reply to all the new posts on most of the current topics that must take a lot of brainpower to do each day??.  ???   

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 12:52:59 AM »
Mickey, it's like the saying "A dog is for life, not just for Christmas".  ;) You have to feed and water it every day!
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 03:32:48 AM »
Yes your right Sabrina, on some websites the owner doesn't appear to do much and lets the website with the imput of the member's run it's self but Jane had a lot of imput into the forum via all the topic threads that must have taken up a fair bit of her time during the course of a day.

Nevermind nothing stays the same a new day has dawned.  ;) 

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 08:36:51 AM »
Hi Follyfooters

It was very disappointing to lose Jane as the Follyfoot Mistress last week. She had worked tirelessly, on the day-to-day activity of running our friendly and busy forum through difficult times, which she did not lament about here.

I know what a commitment it is running a daily website news feature and had to give it up after seven or eight years because of the constant effort, irrespective of how I felt, to meet the expectations of viewers.

Hope that Jane will enjoy her ‘retirement’ from here and keep in touch with the friends she has made. I also hope you will all bare with me and accept that I will not be able to participate as before in the forum.

Thanks Sabrina for taking on the Mistress’s role and becoming the administrator as well as a moderator of the Fun Follyfoot Fan Forum, from the distant lands of Australia. You’re a proper Sheila! Happy Easter to all members of the Follyfoot Forum. :)

Dave