Author Topic: Re: Follyfoot cast in other TV, films and theatre  (Read 69000 times)

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
Re: Re: Follyfoot cast in other TV, films and theatre
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2010, 09:23:41 PM »
I'm watching Wycliffe at this very moment on ITV 3 and Christian is in it... as a baddy!   ::)

Someone's got to care

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »
It was great seeing Christian again... and he looked very well.   8) 

Someone's got to care

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2010, 06:33:34 AM »
It's great seeing Christian in so many things. He popped up in Cathereine Cookson's The Round Tower the other day as a doctor, a role I think he's played before?  :)

Offline mjmdvm

• Cross Country Rider
  • A fan from long ago
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2010, 01:45:55 PM »
You guys are so lucky with being able to see Christian the others in so many different things. We just don't get those programs over here in the US- not even on BBC America ( assuming one can afford the top satellite package).

I was in the Scottish Bakery the other day satisfying a craving for sausage rolls when I saw an add for a service that lets you watch all UK channels  ( including cable)on line.  I got excited until I saw the price- $80 a month  :P >21<  Oh well another thing to add to the list of things to buy when I win the Lottery.
MJM

Riding:  The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.  ~Author Unknown

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2010, 05:02:03 PM »
Nearly everyone will know this but back in the late 90s it was quite 'normal' to hear Steve Hodson and Christian Rodska on BBC radio 4 in the afternoon play over here in the UK every couple or months or so. I read on this site a few months ago someone saying that Gillian Blake also joined Steve and Christian in those radio plays but i don't ever recall hearing all three of them together though?. Hey Dave!. You feeling alright lately your picture of yourself keeps changing???. It's making me LAUGH Ha ha ha ha ha... Micky   ;D   
''Not more flamming horses girl''.

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2010, 10:38:37 PM »
Nearly everyone will know this but back in the late 90s it was quite 'normal' to hear Steve Hodson and Christian Rodska on BBC radio 4 in the afternoon play over here in the UK every couple or months or so. I read on this site a few months ago someone saying that Gillian Blake also joined Steve and Christian in those radio plays but i don't ever recall hearing all three of them together though?

Hi Micky

I must have missed that.  Steve and Chris have worked a lot together but I didn't know Gillian had been in a play with them.   ???  

Someone's got to care

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2010, 06:42:21 AM »
Yes I must have missed that too. Anyone remember someone saying Gillian Blake was in a radio play with Steve and Christian?

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2010, 09:19:39 AM »
Nearly everyone will know this but back in the late 90s it was quite 'normal' to hear Steve Hodson and Christian Rodska on BBC radio 4 in the afternoon play over here in the UK every couple or months or so. I read on this site a few months ago someone saying that Gillian Blake also joined Steve and Christian in those radio plays but i don't ever recall hearing all three of them together though?. Hey Dave!. You feeling alright lately your picture of yourself keeps changing???. It's making me LAUGH Ha ha ha ha ha... Micky   ;D  

Hi Micky

During the 80/90's when Steve was at his most prolific recording plays and drama for the radio, I would listen avidly each week, checking the Radio Times listings for when he was being aired. There were many plays that featured Christian as well, and I have several on audiotape but I never came across one that incuded Gillian. Maybe some research is needed to find out more.

I do recall discovering a play that featured Steve's eldest daughter when she was, probably, a teenager. Unfortunately, I don't believe Steve acted beside his daughter in that one.

Sue
 :)

"all you are, and all you mean to me"

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2010, 10:35:39 AM »
Hiya girls or should i say Follyfillies. Someone wrote saying that Gillian joined Steve and Christian in those radio 4 afternoon plays, i think i read it sometime around February?. I often wondered if Steve and Christian use to sometimes talk about Follyfoot when they were together when they were having a break between recording those plays?. I did think to myself on several occasions that if i contacted the BBC and asked them if there was a chance of being put in touch with Steve or Christian i mite have been able to speak to them?. It's not as 'pie in the sky' as one may think?. When i rang Yorkshire television back in 1988 (not long before they started reshowing Follyfoot on television over here in the UK) Yorkshire television gave me Gillian Blake's agent's phone number which i rang and her agent (at the time) a fella called Graham i forgot his second name said that if i wrote to Gillian c/o him that he would foreward my letter on to her. Suffice to say that i never heard from Gillian because i think maybe my letter wasn't to good thinking about it now?. Micky  

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2010, 11:44:09 AM »
Someone wrote saying that Gillian joined Steve and Christian in those radio 4 afternoon plays, i think i read it sometime around February?.

This is just a thought Mickey, but maybe you were thinking about the post when rst was talking about Gillian appearing in one of those afternoon TV plays? That's the only thing I can recall that might be it. But correct me if I'm wrong  :)

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2010, 11:52:49 AM »
Yes i think that is the one Suzy. Micky

Offline Rob

• Western Rider
  • Lightning Tree Fan
    • Rob Sissons
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2010, 11:21:26 PM »
I'm wondering if perhaps Micky was thinking of a post I made (in the topic "Ron on Radio 4"), where I mentioned that Steve Hodson, Christian Rodska and Gillian Bailey (not Blake) were among the actors listed on a website that gave the details of hundreds of recordings of "Play for Today" from the 1970s and 1980s that are missing, presumed wiped. This is the link to the list of missing "Plays for Today":

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/suttonelms/lost5.html

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.

Offline jm

• Dressage Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2010, 05:54:35 AM »
Hello everybody,

At the moment you can hear Steve Hodson and Cristian Roska frequently in radio plays on BBC radio 7.
The last two weeks they played in Bolt (both of then) and Steve in "The return of Sherlock Holmes" four episodes and as Mocol and Death in Milton's Paradise lost.
BBC 7 repeats lots of old radio plays and can be listend to via internet.

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2010, 06:33:34 AM »
Hiya Rob, yes maybe that was it, i probably read the name Gillian B**** and just thought it was Blake without properly reading it. Thanks for that info jm. Micky

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2010, 06:46:12 AM »
Hello everybody,

At the moment you can hear Steve Hodson and Cristian Roska frequently in radio plays on BBC radio 7.
The last two weeks they played in Bolt (both of then) and Steve in "The return of Sherlock Holmes" four episodes and as Mocol and Death in Milton's Paradise lost.
BBC 7 repeats lots of old radio plays and can be listend to via internet.

Thanks for this info jm  :)