Author Topic: Re: Follyfoot cast in other TV, films and theatre  (Read 69018 times)

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
Re: Re: Follyfoot cast in other TV, films and theatre
« Reply #435 on: October 27, 2014, 12:32:53 PM »
:-[  I saw something on the Drama Channel last week that had both Seth Draper and Lockwood Senior in it but I can't remember for the life of me what programme it was?  >367<  Help anybody?

(Wonder if it was Bergerac?)

Someone's got to care

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #436 on: October 28, 2014, 09:17:12 AM »
I liked it at the time I remember but Beryl's voice gets on my nerves now!   >389<
I remember the later series with Carol not Beryl. And Carol's brother Lucien who bred rabbits to turn into a coat. At that point Sandra's boyfriend was played by John Nettles ... Of Bergerac fame  :)
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #437 on: October 28, 2014, 11:36:14 AM »
I remember the later series with Carol not Beryl. And Carol's brother Lucien who bred rabbits to turn into a coat. At that point Sandra's boyfriend was played by John Nettles ... Of Bergerac fame  :)

I'd forgotten that with the Rabbits, I thought that was in Bread  >48< Shows you how little I remember!  ::)

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #438 on: October 28, 2014, 11:38:17 AM »
:-[  I saw something on the Drama Channel last week that had both Seth Draper and Lockwood Senior in it but I can't remember for the life of me what programme it was?  >367<  Help anybody?

(Wonder if it was Bergerac?)

Been trying to find out but can't seem to tie up the pair of them together  >48<

Here's the IMDB for them both Loopy it might jog your memory  :)

Jack Woolgar

Frederick Treeves

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #439 on: October 28, 2014, 12:51:00 PM »
It may have been Lovejoy?   >48<

Someone's got to care

Offline hollinhare

• Dressage Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #440 on: November 08, 2014, 11:19:10 PM »
Frederick Treves was in the Liver Birds the other night playing his Lockwood role basically! He owned a riding stables Sandra had got a new posh boyfriend & she thought she'd better learn to ride so she could go out fox hunting with him! Unfortunately Sandra's horse decided to take her into the lake (sound familiar?) & so the Lockwood character said he'd have to send it to be made into cat food... they of course ended up rescuing the horse & rehoming it, it was so Follyfootish I checked the date at the end of the episode & it was 1972. Is this what you saw Loopy?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0633972/

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #441 on: November 09, 2014, 10:13:41 AM »
... Is this what you saw Loopy?

I did see that Hollinhare, and thought the same as you - very Follyfootish.  It wasn't what I was thinking of though, it was before that.  I watch so many of the old programmes that I just can't remember!   >374< 

Someone's got to care

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #442 on: November 09, 2014, 03:27:41 PM »
Frederick Treves was in the Liver Birds the other night playing his Lockwood role basically! He owned a riding stables Sandra had got a new posh boyfriend & she thought she'd better learn to ride so she could go out fox hunting with him! Unfortunately Sandra's horse decided to take her into the lake (sound familiar?) & so the Lockwood character said he'd have to send it to be made into cat food... they of course ended up rescuing the horse & rehoming it, it was so Follyfootish I checked the date at the end of the episode & it was 1972. Is this what you saw Loopy?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0633972/

Must have a look at this one!  >49<

Offline hollinhare

• Dressage Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #443 on: November 19, 2014, 10:00:19 PM »
I found a photo of Frederick Treves in the Liver Birds, unfortunately he has his back to the camera!!

I did see that Hollinhare, and thought the same as you - very Follyfootish.  It wasn't what I was thinking of though, it was before that.  I watch so many of the old programmes that I just can't remember!   >374< 

I spend as much of the day as possible in the 70's Loopy - skipping from Liver Birds to George & Mildred or Man about the House!! So much so that Munchkin 2 was singing the tune from the Liver Birds on the way to school this morning... I don't suppose there are many other 8 year old boys in 2014 who could manage that, I think we've cornered the market!!

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #444 on: November 20, 2014, 05:59:46 AM »
I found a photo of Frederick Treves in the Liver Birds, unfortunately he has his back to the camera!!

Thanks Hollinhare, I tried to find it on you tube but it's not there  :(

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #445 on: November 20, 2014, 01:22:19 PM »
... I don't suppose there are many other 8 year old boys in 2014 who could manage that, I think we've cornered the market!!

:-[ I do feel responsible - hope he's not picked on at school when he starts singing it!!   :o(

Someone's got to care

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #446 on: November 23, 2014, 10:03:19 PM »
So much so that Munchkin 2 was singing the tune from the Liver Birds on the way to school this morning... I don't suppose there are many other 8 year old boys in 2014 who could manage that, I think we've cornered the market!!
:D  I hope all the class pick it up!
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Lord Charles

• Show Jumping Champion
  • I can't BEAR to be away from Follyfoot!
Re: Follyfoot cast in other TV, films and theatre
« Reply #447 on: February 18, 2020, 11:49:01 PM »
The Post Office is issuing a set of stamps commemorating James Bond on 17th March.

None of the stamps show 'Q', but there is also a 24-page prestige stamp book that, according to the Royal Mail website, will include 'insights into the film-makers, stunts and supporting characters'. So there may be something in it about Desmond Llewellyn!

https://shop.royalmail.com/special-stamp-issues/james-bond/james-bond-prestige-stamp-book
Long live Follyfoot!

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #448 on: February 19, 2020, 02:00:33 PM »
Be good if there is LC :)

Offline Lord Charles

• Show Jumping Champion
  • I can't BEAR to be away from Follyfoot!
« Reply #449 on: August 10, 2020, 09:47:20 AM »
ITV are currently showing all the James Bond films on Sunday evenings. Last night it was Moonraker.

A great opportunity to see the Colonel's alter ego, Q!
Long live Follyfoot!