Author Topic: Re: Follyfoot cast in other TV, films and theatre  (Read 70562 times)

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
Re: Re: Follyfoot cast in other TV, films and theatre
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2010, 06:06:14 PM »
This is the other way around an actress who made a brief appearence in Follyfoot. The actress was better known for her regular appearences in Coranation street during the 1970s & 80s and probably into the 90s i forget her name but she appeared at the start of one episode of Follyfoot where a rag & bone man has a heart attack in the back streets of Leeds? and Ron happens to be there and takes the pony back to Follyfoot, the woman in the street asks Ron what is he going to do with the horse?. Micky   
''Not more flamming horses girl''.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2010, 06:26:52 PM »
The actress was better known for her regular appearences in Coranation street during the 1970s & 80s and probably into the 90s i forget her name but she appeared at the start of one episode of Follyfoot where a rag & bone man has a heart attack in the back streets of Leeds? and Ron happens to be there and takes the pony back to Follyfoot, the woman in the street asks Ron what is he going to do with the horse?

I think you mean Lynne Perrie, Ivy Tilsey in Corrie?

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2010, 06:46:29 PM »
Thats her Suzy the female character who played Ivy Tilsey. I still refer to Coranation street as Coranation street although i havan't watched it for may be 20 odd years?. Micky

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2010, 07:33:25 PM »
The fella that played Hazel's father i use to see him in various tv programmes and such like during the 1970s, 80s & 90s i think that he is still around but he's probably not acting now days?. Micky  

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2010, 07:39:54 PM »
Yes The Sweeny Mick.

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2010, 11:39:32 PM »
I saw Gillian Bailey (Callie) in The Onedin Line today.  She played a girl called Emma Dawson and spent most of the episode in a bunk on board ship with a 'mystery fever' .   :o   I'm glad to say she recovered in the end though.  ;D   

Someone's got to care

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2010, 08:57:59 PM »
That's interesting!  :)

Offline lonchaney

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2010, 05:38:49 PM »
Len Jones -Willy Willens who was in The Charity Horse and Know-All's Nag appeared in Black Beauty episode "Clown on Horseback"

Len Jones seemed to have had quite a prolific TV career from the mid-1960s to the mid-1970s. He was, of course, the voice of Joe 90.

The fella that played Hazel's father i use to see him in various tv programmes and such like during the 1970s, 80s & 90s i think that he is still around but he's probably not acting now days?. Micky 

Sadly, Garfield Morgan (Hazel's father in Follyfoot and Haskins in The Sweeney) passed away around a year ago.

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2010, 08:04:40 PM »
Oh dear.....  :(

Offline loopylin

• Western Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2010, 01:57:11 PM »
i have jusy watched a dvd of the 1958 tommy steele film 'the duke wore jeans' and there playing tommy's mother was ambrosine philpott- it was quite a small part but she did it justice!
linda-norfolk dumpling

Hellie

« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2010, 11:25:58 AM »
i have jusy watched a dvd of the 1958 tommy steele film 'the duke wore jeans' and there playing tommy's mother was ambrosine philpott- it was quite a small part but she did it justice!

I think she was quite a busy actress in her day.  I seem to remember that she was also a "regular" in "Hadleigh" with Gerald harper - I think she played his aunt.

Hellie

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2010, 08:06:59 PM »
Thanks Pete for these pics of Veronica Quilligan in the film Anchoress

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2011, 09:21:25 PM »
Just turned my tv over and saw Anthony Andrews (Lord Beck) on Rosemary and Thyme, which was just finishing.  He does look very good.

Someone's got to care

Offline Pen.

• Global Moderator
  • Steve 4 eva!
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2011, 10:58:39 PM »
I saw him too, trouble is I can never watch him in anything anymore without seeing him as an older version of Lord Beck.  Maybe it's just me...>98<

Pen.  :-*
Rainbow chasers of the world unite!

Offline loopylin

• Western Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2011, 11:07:21 PM »
i recently bought the dvd set of a horseman riding by. steve is in several episodes and tonight i watched the one where his character, Dandy Timberlake got married. i think it's a really good story, some of steve's manorisms from follyfoot, like the hand across the mouth are there and he can be seen singing hymns but can't judge the voice quality! also gets some real kisses from his bride- coo lucky her. not sure if i like the short hair and moustache though!
linda-norfolk dumpling