Author Topic: Re: Follyfoot cast in other TV, films and theatre  (Read 70559 times)

Hellie

Re: Re: Follyfoot cast in other TV, films and theatre
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2010, 06:19:34 PM »
Ah - perhaps I'm not quite as daft as I thought then!  Perhaps the episode I saw at 2 am (yes 2 am - suffering from insomnia at the moment!), was a different one!  It is amazing what you find on TV in the dead of night though - last night (3 am) I watched Heroes of Comedy - Norman Wisdom!
What a great comedian, talented dancer and musician and all round "good egg" he was. 

Hellie  :)

Offline hollinhare

• Dressage Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2010, 11:24:43 PM »
Ah - perhaps I'm not quite as daft as I thought then!  Perhaps the episode I saw at 2 am (yes 2 am - suffering from insomnia at the moment!), was a different one!  It is amazing what you find on TV in the dead of night though - last night (3 am) I watched Heroes of Comedy - Norman Wisdom!
What a great comedian, talented dancer and musician and all round "good egg" he was. 

Hellie  :)

Hi Hellie - I came in from taking the horrors to school & saw the last 5 minutes or so from 9 a.m.(ish) Mrs Bridges had gone to rescue poor Ruby from some awful woman (Joan Sanderson, Mrs Ewell from Please Sir) who was using her as slave labour - I imagine Mabel had replaced Ruby briefly! I haven't seen any episodes since I'm a bit horrified to hear James Bellamy has comitted suicide!

Offline badger

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2010, 04:57:44 PM »
I have recently been watching the 1970 TV series " A  Family at War" dam good it is too. Apart from loads of youngish  actors now in "Corrie"  there are two Follyfoot  male actors  :o  one is the Coalminer who played the wireless operator in Secret Army and the other one is the old ?chap who took back his grandsons pony . I can not remember their names in Follyfoot sorry. PS great news on the new book. :D

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2010, 01:18:05 PM »
Do you mean Jack Woolgar -Seth Draper, in Present for Sandy?

I can't think who the other one you mean is though  >48<

Offline badger

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2010, 02:48:08 PM »

Hi Suzy yes i think your correct he was in  A Present for Sandy  the other one was one of the rough  miners trying to stop the pit ponys comeing up  :( from the mine , you would  know him in Secret Army allways going to the cafe - bar with fresh veg on his old bike. ;)

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2010, 06:41:28 PM »
Now I know who you mean.... Ron Pember, one of the pickets in The Innocents  :)

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2010, 09:16:38 PM »
Gillian Bailey who played Callie in Follyfoot appeared in the first episode of the BBC tv series Blake's 7 in 1978. Blake's 7 ran from 1978-81 on BBC tv in the UK but i believe Gillian only appeared in the first episode out of all four series that were shown on tv during that time period. Micky
''Not more flamming horses girl''.

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2010, 09:33:02 PM »
Thats right mick. She was zapped by a laser gun!  >47<  She made a brief appearance in the 1980s BBC lovejoy series too. I'm sure she has appeared here and there on tv and radio perhaps.

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2010, 10:04:23 PM »
I just found out that Arthur English played along side Warren Mitchell and Dandy Nicholls in series 3 of the dvd release of ''In sickness and in health'' in 1987 in the UK. Come to think about it i think i remember him playing along side Warren Mitchell or as he's better known in the UK as Alf Garnett. Micky
''Not more flamming horses girl''.

Offline loopylin

• Western Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2010, 10:19:31 PM »
I thought I remembered Colin Douglas who played Matt, the leader of the miners being in A FGamily at War and I just checked and he was-also he was in Secret Army
linda-norfolk dumpling

Offline retep

• Stable Hand
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2010, 11:27:40 PM »

Jack Woolgar had one of those faces that were very familiar, but you could never put a name to it.  ???
I remember he appeared in quite a few different series around that time, usually making one-off appearances.

And someone else who made a lot of guest appearances was William Mervyn, who played the squire.
As far as I know, he only once had a leading role.  In the late 60s, he starred in his own series as the detective "Mr Rose".
I remember I was allowed to stay up to watch that every Friday.   :)

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2010, 11:50:15 PM »
As far as I know, he only once had a leading role.  In the late 60s, he starred in his own series as the detective "Mr Rose".

I have vague recollections of that series retep.  :)

Someone's got to care

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2010, 02:00:54 PM »
ha  'Burt' the copper and I think Dora's first love, 'Chip' appeared in several ITV Armchair Thriller stories back in the mid-late 1970s- one was about a missing dog-'A Dog's Ransome' and Burt appeared in an episode about a missing, abducted girl.

Offline mjmdvm

• Cross Country Rider
  • A fan from long ago
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2010, 02:22:27 PM »
I think the man who played the Colonel's lawyer in Fly Away Home also played the Doctor in Upstairs Downstairs. Also perhaps arguably the most famous guest on Follyfoot other than David Hemmings was Bernard Lee Who played the man in the forrest in Walk in the Woods. He of course was 'M" in the Sean Connery Bond Movies ( Maybe his buddy "Q" talked him into appearing?).

Finally don't forget that Arthur English had a long run as Mr. Harmon in "Are You Being Served?"
MJM

Riding:  The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.  ~Author Unknown

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2010, 02:26:26 PM »
Len Jones -Willy Willens who was in The Charity Horse and Know-All's Nag appeared in Black Beauty episode "Clown on Horseback"