Author Topic: Hello! Found you guys again...  (Read 3734 times)

Offline asylum69

• New Rider
Hello! Found you guys again...
« on: June 21, 2015, 03:44:43 AM »
Hi everyone!  I used to belong to the forum - at least I think it was the forum - it was a major fansite anyway - a few years ago, and then Real Life went haywire and I had to be elsewhere as it were. But I'm back now and have just finished watching the series again for the first time in years.  Brought back memories of, not just the series of course, but also life as it was happening to me at the time it was first broadcast. All I had at the time was a little, tinny audio cassette recorder and an slr camera - heavy thing! I'm surprised any of the shots came out not blurred - and now look where we are ... DVD's of the whole thing, when I was absolutely *certain* that I would never see Follyfoot again. That's proof that miracles do happen, right there!  >94<
Anyway, I'm a retired, female, former shop worker who fell hard for the series and it took over my life a bit, back in the day. Poetry and stories before I'd ever heard of Fan Fiction, the show was *so* inspiring! >92<
It's so great to know that the fans of the show are still going strong!

Offline MidnightZodiac

• Western Rider
  • In silence they scream.
Re: Hello! Found you guys again...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 05:58:32 AM »
Hello and welcome, or welcome back >41< A lot of us on here were, or still are, moved by the ethos and adventures that Follyfoot showed us... Back when the series was first aired in the 70s it covered a lot of issues that numbers of us were first becoming aware of when we were younger... Indeed, perhaps some of us on here were shaped by the series; It was well written, well acted, and had a certain 'something' that was unusual in children's/young adults television at the time.

I'm glad that your love of the programme has led you to find us... All contributions are welcome, whether Follyfoot related or not, so don't be shy... There's no bullying or nastiness on this site like there is on some internet forums, admin run a pretty tight ship in that regard, but honestly we all get on so well I don't think they have to moderate anyone's posts.

Anyway, welcome aboard once again... Look foward to reading more about you and your Follyfoot experiences.

"We shape horses, then they shape us, but, we must be what we want our horses to become."

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 07:48:35 AM »
Welcome back to Follyland! I think Follyfoot took over the lives of many of us when it first came on telly, and as MZ says it had a lasting impact on the lives of fans. Glad you enjoyed watching it again after so many years   >41< And look forward to chatting to you here.
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 08:19:36 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  >41< Good to have another fan on board and look forward to your posts. We talk about all sorts of things on here as well as Follyfoot  :)

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 09:45:47 AM »
Hi asylum69  Welcome back  >33<

Follyfoot was the best series on television back then and I don't think anything has come anywhere near it these days  :) I felt as though all the actors were my personal friends  :D and Dora  >95<  well........  >45<

Follyfoot certainly shaped my life  >41< I still ride a motorbike and think Gillian Blake is gorgeous   >75<  >73<  :)

Hope you enjoy the forum asylum69 there's some really friendly people on here,  >116<
You don't stop riding when you get old - you get old when you stop riding.

Offline pete.r.

• Steeplechasing Star
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 11:11:55 AM »
 >33< asylum69. Yes I used to have my audio cassette recorder too. Everyone had to be quiet. Even the budgie who's cage
was on the telly had to go in the front room.  :-X
Cut out the strong to help the weak

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 12:13:42 PM »
 >33< from me too

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 09:48:49 PM »
A very warm welcome from me too asylum69.  Great that you've found us again.  There's soooooooooooooooo much on this Forum to keep you entertained and amused and also the excellent Fan Tribute Site.  Enjoy yourself and we'll look forward to future conversations.

>33<

Someone's got to care

Offline Lord Charles

• Show Jumping Champion
  • I can't BEAR to be away from Follyfoot!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 11:07:08 PM »
 >33< to the Forum! 
Long live Follyfoot!

Offline Pen.

• Global Moderator
  • Steve 4 eva!
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 12:12:28 AM »
 >33< Back!  Hope you enjoy being back on board.
Rainbow chasers of the world unite!

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 06:59:51 PM »
Welcome back on board!  :)

Offline Jean Dawson

• Cross Country Rider
  • Aim for the sky even if you reach the mountain top
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 10:32:35 AM »
Welcome you,ll fit in here really well. Hope you enjoy your walk down memory lane. Just open the Follyfoot gate and walk right in. x  >75< >74< >315< >314< >313< >77< >109<
Will you come back.?