Author Topic: Fly Away Home (Uncut)  (Read 3547 times)

Offline Howard Kettle

• New Rider
  • I Love Dora
Fly Away Home (Uncut)
« on: May 02, 2015, 02:23:19 PM »
Finally in series two, there are three cuts in the episode, 'Fly Away Home', on the DVD. Firstly,there is an 18 second cut at 4.18 during the conversation between Steve & Slugger as Steve reaches the window. The missing footage is of Slugger continuing to persuade Steve to stay. The action on the DVD resumes as Dora's mother buys flowers. Next, there is a 24 second cut at 12.33 on the DVD as Steve & Dora's father stand by the gate while Dora talks to ladybird. The missing footage is of Dora telling Ladybird how free she would be if she went into the fields. The DVD action resumes as Dora's father asks Steve what the problem wih Ladybird is. The last cut is a 55 second one at 22.00 on the DVD as Dora tries to persuade Steve to stay. Missing is half their conversation as Steve explains why he has to go and also the start of the next scene where Slugger asks Ron, who's sitting on the floor outside the barn,where Dora is. The Action resumes on the DVD as Slugger walks into the barn.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=qRN85ear57U

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
Re: Fly Away Home (Uncut)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 06:23:38 PM »
 >107< Howard

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 12:01:00 AM »
 >39< Howard - thank you!
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 11:33:15 PM »
That final cut is quite an integral part of the ongoing story.  WHY DID THEY DO IT!!   >96<

Someone's got to care

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 06:44:03 AM »
That final cut is quite an integral part of the ongoing story.  WHY DID THEY DO IT!!   >96<

Exactly!  :(

Offline Spud

• New Rider
  • Follyfoot loose and fancy free!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 10:55:03 AM »
Many thanks for uploading these various unedited episodes and also detailing precisely when their cutting was arbitrarily made. My apologies if someone has already answered this question elsewhere but were there no reductions in series three? >410<
Dora the implorer for ever!

Offline pete2013

• Dressage Rider
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 10:21:29 AM »
My apologies if someone has already answered this question elsewhere but were there no reductions in series three? >410<

The original thread has been “archived” and so I am unable to attach the quotes directly from it.

However, I hope the following helps.  If you wish to go to:

“Archive/off topic”, then to Page 470 and read:

Reply #7035

Reply #7038

Reply #7040

This – I believe - gives the state of affairs so far.

A Comment In Passing

You will note – as I did - that the above postings are not in consecutive order.  This is worrying because it MAY suggest that the archiving process does not produce what an archive should be.

I sincerely hope I stand to be corrected but I have an uneasy feeling that, while postings are “preserved”, much of their meaning is lost because rather than maintaining postings within their conversations/threads, they appear to be simply saved in posting date/time order; if so, it will not be possible to be certain which conversation/thread they relate to.  In other words, the archive may be no more than a list of postings which may or may not be related to  those which precede or follow them.

If this is the case, then it is very upsetting. 

Tony Essex left us such a treasure but also a terrible burden – so much was left unsaid and left undone.  Much of what we have come to understand about Follyfoot really derives from conversations over the years between members – their experiences, observations, analyses, insights and conclusions.  At some point the Forum could/should become the source of EVERYTHING THAT WILL EVER BE KNOWN about Follyfoot. 

Instead, accumulated understanding may inadvertently be being lost only for the same questions to be asked by new members of recent members who cannot unscramble a semi-jumble of postings to draw upon the knowledge of earlier members that have long since left the Forum.   >47<

Offline Spud

• New Rider
  • Follyfoot loose and fancy free!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 01:59:59 PM »
Many thanks for directing me thither. Your observation regarding those archived threads would unfortunately appear to be correct. I discovered another relevant posting shortly afterwards but wonder how series three alone could have escaped the knife? >47<

I watched it earlier this week and was pleased to see that in series 3 no scenes appear to have been edited out.
Dora the implorer for ever!