Author Topic: Countries broadcasting Follyfoot  (Read 9037 times)

Offline Axxell

• Carriage Driver
  • Les Chevaux Du Soleil..
Re: "Le Ranch De Follyfoot"
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 11:41:48 AM »
Interesting That...Must say i've never heard or seen it. Would it be one of Monica Dickens works??..Odd that they the Editors did not simply Title it: "Les Chevaux Du Soleil"..."Le Ranch De Follyfoot" would be a literal Translation of the German TV presentation,"Die Follyfoot Farm"... :-?
``That`s craftman`s work! I`m not crafty as some!``..Dora Maddox to Ron Stryker.

Offline Axxell

• Carriage Driver
Re: Countries broadcasting Follyfoot
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 08:47:35 PM »
That is the beauty of having a then popular yet somewhat forgotten series, oddities & novelties tend to pop up here & there :)
``That`s craftman`s work! I`m not crafty as some!``..Dora Maddox to Ron Stryker.

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 09:08:01 AM »
Ups, forgot to ask: I have the Finnish versions of Monica's books since for ever, I could send the cover pics but to whom/where? I remember my teenage cousins going crazy about the serie and having pin ups of Steve & Dora from the hip magazines of that time, but I could find very little material on the web in Finnish now, happy to send anything I can find, if that's of any interest for you?

Bly me, should get some work done, it always gets on the way when you are having fun, doesn't it?? ;)
Cheers,
Anne

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 10:57:27 AM »
I have the Finnish versions of Monica's books since for ever, I could send the cover pics but to whom/where?

Hi Anne
You can post them onto the forum , in the gallery or the Monica Dickens book section, we'd love to see them.? :)

Offline Axxell

• Carriage Driver
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 04:28:21 PM »
Hello, Anne: Very interesting that F.F. was shown in Finland!!..

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 09:48:40 AM »
Hi Axxel, I think it was shown in all the Nordic countries around the same years and was a huge success. As a child I got used to the Yorkshire TV theme song in the beginning of the shows. Sounds quite weird now come to think of it. In Finland we are quite fond of many British TV series, there is a long tradition of showing them. We got a rerun of Upstairs Downstairs just a couple of months ago. Not going to miss the reruns of Benny Hill though? and since TV & films are shown with subtitles, what a great way to learn English!
Anne

Offline Axxell

• Carriage Driver
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »
Yes, Anne, We "Nordic" Nations do Share a lot in common! LOL!..Cheers!