Author Topic: The Complete Series 1-3 on dvd and missing scenes  (Read 23587 times)

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
Re: The Complete Series 1-3 on dvd and missing scenes
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2010, 06:36:48 PM »
AS Ron would say- 'dear,dear,dear!'? ?>:(

Very dissapointing Howard but perhaps have another go another time maybe? Are there any computer whiz- kids around to help??? :(

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2010, 08:05:59 PM »
Oh!   :'(   :'(

Thanks for trying Howard.   :)

Someone's got to care

Offline Rob

• Western Rider
  • Lightning Tree Fan
    • Rob Sissons
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2010, 08:11:57 PM »
Perhaps Soniks or one of the other "video wizards" could help?

>36<

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.

Offline Soniks

• Head Groom
  • Dog Tired
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2010, 08:23:24 PM »

>36<

I'm prepared to have a go and make a fool of myself, Howard send me a PM if you want me to try... >41< I would probably need the files e.mailing to me so I can 'fiddle' with them..

Offline Rob

• Western Rider
  • Lightning Tree Fan
    • Rob Sissons
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2010, 09:25:54 PM »
Brilliant, Soniks! Didn't want to land you in it, but have seen your videos and think that if anyone can do it, you can!

Thanks!
 8-)

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2010, 10:44:56 PM »

>36<

I'm prepared to have a go and make a fool of myself, Howard send me a PM if you want me to try... >41< I would probably need the files e.mailing to me so I can 'fiddle' with them..

I've got everything crossed for you Soniks!    >41<

Someone's got to care

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2010, 06:35:57 AM »
Good luck soniks, I hope you succeed. I'm sure you will >41<

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2010, 07:28:52 AM »

Thanks for trying, Howard......computery things baffle me too!

Let's hope that Soniks (ta, soniks) can come to the rescue.

I'm one of the lucky ones and have various DVDs, some of which have all the scenes but others here don't, so it would be great for those to be able to fill in the missing bits.

Some of the missing scenes I feel, are pertinent to the storylines.

Sue
 :)

"all you are, and all you mean to me"

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2010, 12:35:46 PM »
The pressure is now on you soniks! Good luck! >6<

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2010, 12:52:51 PM »
Hey Soniks!. Empty a bucket of water at the base of the the lightning tree!. Micky   ;) 
''Not more flamming horses girl''.

Offline Soniks

• Head Groom
  • Dog Tired
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2010, 08:04:41 PM »
Hmmmm, so no pressure then... :-[

Offline Howard Kettle

• New Rider
  • I Love Dora
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2010, 02:00:04 PM »
Thanks for the offer of help but I haven't even got to the stage where I've got files to send.At least,I don't think I have!But,being a somewhat stubborn Taurean,l've decided to view the problem as I would a troublesome crossword that I can't quite finish.That is,I'll leave it for a few days & then return to it with renewed enthusiasm.After all,how difficult can it be?

As for the cuts,the next episode missing a scene on the DVD is, 'Out of the Blue Horse'.This has a cut of 1 minute & 12 seconds.It starts at 6.56 on the disc as Dora begins to cry in reaction to seeing the neglected state of Ladybird in the garage.The missing footage is of Dora & Callie chatting as they wait ,by the phone box, for Steve to arrive with the horse box.The action on the DVD resumes as Steve drives up near the phone box.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2010, 06:44:31 PM »
Howard I hope you don't mind but I've copied your missing scene posts and put them in a thread of their own so they can be located and read easily.

Carry on posting the rest of the missing scenes here and I'll continue to copy them over as and when. Your doing a grand job! >41<

Offline Howard Kettle

• New Rider
  • I Love Dora
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2010, 03:47:52 PM »
Finally in series two,there are three cuts in the episode,'Fly Away Home',on the DVD.Firstly,there is an 18 second cut at 4.18 during the conversation between Steve & Slugger as Steve reaches the window.The missing footage is of Slugger continuing to persuade Steve to stay.The action on the DVD resumes as Dora's mother buys flowers.Next,there is a 24 second cut at 12.33 on the DVD as Steve & Dora's father stand by the gate while Dora talks to ladybird.The missing footage is of Dora telling Ladybird how free she would be if she went into the fields.The DVD action resumes as Dora's father asks Steve what the problem wih Ladybird is.The last cut is a 55 second one at 22.00 on the DVD as dora tries to persuade Steve to stay. Missing is half their conversation as Steve explains why he has to go and also the start of the next scene where Slugger asks Ron,who's sitting on the floor outside the barn,where Dora is.The Action resumes on the DVD as Slugger walks into the barn.

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2010, 11:46:09 PM »
Finally in series two,there are three cuts in the episode,'Fly Away Home',on the DVD.Firstly,there is an 18 second cut at 4.18 during the conversation between Steve & Slugger as Steve reaches the window.The missing footage is of Slugger continuing to persuade Steve to stay.The action on the DVD resumes as Dora's mother buys flowers.Next,there is a 24 second cut at 12.33 on the DVD as Steve & Dora's father stand by the gate while Dora talks to ladybird.The missing footage is of Dora telling Ladybird how free she would be if she went into the fields.The DVD action resumes as Dora's father asks Steve what the problem wih Ladybird is.The last cut is a 55 second one at 22.00 on the DVD as dora tries to persuade Steve to stay. Missing is half their conversation as Steve explains why he has to go and also the start of the next scene where Slugger asks Ron,who's sitting on the floor outside the barn,where Dora is.The Action resumes on the DVD as Slugger walks into the barn. 

This is just so annoying - it seems that they are really important bits that have been cut.  Aaaargh!!!    >38<   >7<

Someone's got to care