Author Topic: The Complete Series 1-3 on dvd and missing scenes  (Read 23844 times)

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
Re: The Complete Series 1-3 on dvd
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2010, 03:51:21 PM »
Hi Howard,

The location ofthe farm is no longer the secret it once was and being on a public footpath is easily accessible from the A659.

It's a very special place, Howard. I am sure you won't regret a visit there.

Sue
 :)

"all you are, and all you mean to me"

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2010, 04:53:52 PM »
Hi Howard, if you're feeling energetic there is a brilliant walk that Hollinhare has worked out which includes some of the filming locations.

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2010, 08:00:16 PM »
Hi Howard yes I'm sure a lot of people would be interested -I for one certainly am! I think some of the forum members may have old tapes with the missing scenes but I dont know if they have been up loaded on this site before.

With visiting Follyfoot farm for the first time, I had a good look around inside the barns last year and found it both sad and very interesting bt I had to arrange proper permission first with the Harewood Estate as they don't really like people snooping around there but no problem using the public footpath though.

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2010, 10:58:23 PM »
Hi Howard

My hubby and I snooped around last year too (without permission  :-[).  The family were sitting outside in the sun but never bothered us or queried why we were there.  I looked around all the buildings and both the lakes and even had a picnic lunch there.   We took a video and lots of photos.  ::)

I have been told since that they do own big dogs though so watch out!!!   :o

We were doing Hollinhare's walk (6-7 miles) which was brilliant and I can thoroughly recommend it.   :)

Someone's got to care

Offline Rob

• Western Rider
  • Lightning Tree Fan
    • Rob Sissons
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 01:09:10 AM »
Hi Howard - Welcome to the Forum!

I can thoroughly recommend Hollinhare's Mammoth Follywalk

There's also some great information on Louise's website!

I have been researching my family tree and have ancestors who lived in Leeds and in Womersley near Pontefract. I try to combine FF expeditions with family history research!

:)

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.

Offline Howard Kettle

• New Rider
  • I Love Dora
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 03:24:39 PM »
Wow! Thankyou all for your replies.I've just spent a very pleasant half-hour with a huge grin on my face as I looked at the then & now pics.So interesting.And thanks for the advice.Wouldn't it be nice if we could organize an annual bus tour of location sites?

Moving on to series two to look at more scenes missing from the DVDs.The first three episodes seem to be complete but I am quite prepared to be corrected! There appears to be one cut to 'Present For Sandy'.This occurs at 4.16 on the DVD and the cut scene is 49 seconds long.It starts where Steve discovers the horse at the burning house and the missing scene shows Dora,Ron and Slugger working on the fence repairs at Follyfoot.The action on the DVD resumes as Dora sees Steve approaching on foot with his own horse & the horse from the building next to the burning house.

I'm hoping to get started on uploading the missing scenes this coming week-end.

Offline Howard Kettle

• New Rider
  • I Love Dora
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2010, 03:06:02 PM »
Well,I've tried to get some of the missing scenes uploaded but haven't got very far.I put the three clips from series one onto a RW- disc & put it into my sister's lap-top but can't even figure out how to transfer the clips to the computer for uploading.Help! Can anyone offer any advice?

Meanwhile,back to the DVD cuts...The Innocents-two cuts in this episode.Firstly,a 40 second cut at 4.16 on the DVD just before Dora goes down the mine shaft.The missing scene shows the miners kitting Dora out with safety equipment and Dora starts her descent.Later in the episode there is a 30 second cut at 20.59 on the DVD.This missing scene shows Steve & Dora talking at the bottom of the stairs that lead to Steve's living quarters.

I'd love to be able to put these missing scenes on the site & it's frustrating not having the know-how.Maybe Someone,Somewhere can help.

"Gaps are bridgeable"

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2010, 03:22:43 PM »
Hi Howard not sure myself bt someone might know- maybe Jane might be able to assist bt Im sure someone on the forum may be able to

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2010, 05:41:11 PM »

Hi Howard

I'm assuming your sisters laptop plays DVDs?

If you are using WindowsXP, click on My Computer and right click CD Rom Drive. Select Explore. You should then see the files and be able to copy them onto the laptop.

I did notice that you hadn't converted your Steve picture to a .jpg which is why it didn't show in your post. I've sorted that one for you, let's hope we can get these missing scenes on here too :)

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2010, 08:11:47 PM »
Hi Howard

I'm really excited about seeing the missing scenes.  Thank you so much for trying to get them on.  I do hope you are successful.   :)

Someone's got to care

Offline Soniks

• Head Groom
  • Dog Tired
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 10:17:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum Howard, this is certainly a worthwhile project and the best of luck with it, looking foward to seeing the missing footage... >41<

Offline Howard Kettle

• New Rider
  • I Love Dora
Re: The Complete Series 1-3 on dvd and missing scenes
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2010, 02:19:10 PM »
Thanks once again for your replies.Rest assured,I'm not one to give up easily so I will keep trying to post the missing scenes.

Meanwhile,the next episode that I noticed had been cut was 'Poor Bald Head' .Three small cuts in this one on the DVD.The first one occurs at 4.30 on the disc.It's 35 seconds long & consists of the second half of Dora's conversation with the Colonel and her storming out of the study towards the kitchen.The action resumes on the DVD as Dora joins Slugger,Steve & Ron at the kitchen table.The second cut is the first 15 seconds of the scene where Steve & Dora are talking as Slugger slices carrots.This cut starts at 8.20 on the DVD.Lastly,there is an 8 second cut at 17.51 as Dora watches Ranger struggle up Thackets Rise.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2010, 06:10:13 PM »
Finally I ordered and have the box set from Zavvi. Well worth getting and good value if any one wants the DVDs? :)

Offline Howard Kettle

• New Rider
  • I Love Dora
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2010, 04:14:19 PM »
OK,I've tried & tried 'til I had to admit defeat in my efforts to upload the missing scenes.I got as far as getting the three series 1 cuts onto the lap-top but,for some unknown reason,the scenes ended up at no more than 18 seconds long.So I've given up in frustration for now.

The episode,'Treasure Hunt',seems to have the most cuts.Four in all.The first occurs at 11.36 on the DVD as Slugger puts his mug down on the table.The missing scene lasts 47 seconds and shows Ron arriving & joining Wendy,Steve & Slugger as Steve gets the best crockery out to impress Wendy.The action resumes on the DVD as Dora & the Colonel drive up.   Next is a 15 second cut at 15.45 on the DVD as Dora realizes that Kalinka is blind.The missing scene shows Steve putting a saddle down as he hears Wendy approach in the Triumph Stag.The action on the DVD resumes as Steve opens the gate for Wendy.   Next is a 7 second cut at 16.47 after Steve & Wendy drive off together.The missing footage shows Dora watching them drive away & then she dismounts.   Finally,there is a 12 second cut at 17.36 on the DVD after the Colonel comforts Dora after the vet has left.The missing scene shows Dora comforting Kalinka.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2010, 05:00:29 PM »
The episode,'Treasure Hunt',seems to have the most cuts.Four in all.

Well that's just typical seeing as how it's most peoples favourite episode? :(? ?::)

Thanks for trying to uploading the missing scenes anyway. I think one of these might be in order?>37<