Author Topic: The Complete Series 1-3 on dvd and missing scenes  (Read 23576 times)

Offline Trev

• New Rider
The Complete Series 1-3 on dvd and missing scenes
« on: January 04, 2010, 06:44:07 PM »
If you have not got them yet then Zavvi have the complete series 1-3 for just 12.85 with free UK delivery

http://www.zavvi.com/dvd/follyfoot-the-complete-series/9994446.html

[/font][/size]
Is this the end of the story, or the beginning of a legend?

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
Re: The Complete Series 1-3 on dvd
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 08:51:24 PM »
Wow-if only I'd been patient enough  ::)

Offline Alfy Door

• Carriage Driver
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 09:19:16 PM »
Yes, a pretty ridiculously cheap price considering the amount and quality of the entertainment contained within.

I can just about remember the early days of video, when a new (or old) film was released and carried a price tag of around ?60 - for just a bare movie of often questionable merit with no extras etc to speak of. Recalling those days, I find it pretty amazing that so many classic (in every sense of the word) movies can now be bought, chock full of documentaries, interviews, commentaries, for often a fiver or less. And full sets of marvelous telly series also available for what is really a pittance considering the work, talent and cost of the original production.

Sure, there's plenty of overpriced stuff out there too. But the internet has brought so much entertainment, education etc for so little cost - wonderful books that cost pennies - that I baulk at the price being asked of some things. Would I rather spend 25 quid on a usually lousy footy match, trudging there and back in terrible weather and spending much of the time wishing it was over and I could get home, or a box-set of a much loved tv series I can watch over and over? Or, as I did recently, a complete collection of Sherlock Holmes, Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy and Adrian Mole books - for under ?30 the lot (check out The Book People)??

Just a thought...?

Offline Trev

• New Rider
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 10:39:23 PM »
I use www.find-dvd.co.uk all the time, where you just put in the title and "hey presto" it comes up with the prices. I just got Frost series 1-5 for ?17.50, its just a matter of being patient .....

Its ironic that to buy the Follyfoot series separately would cost ?32

Find-dvd also has the facility to check for cds, games and books.

www.find-dvd.co.uk

Is this the end of the story, or the beginning of a legend?

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 06:40:40 AM »
Glad I waited before buying the box set, thanks Trev I'll be checking that out.

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 05:01:47 PM »
I have both sets and would be glad to dump the poorer picture quality first set if it were not for their complete version.

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 09:16:33 PM »
I'm so cross about the missing scenes.  >:(   Why, oh why, did they feel it necessary to cut out what are important parts of the storyline?  Grrrr!   >7< 

You guys are so lucky to have the original recordings - I would love to see them.     :(

Someone's got to care

Offline mjmdvm

• Cross Country Rider
  • A fan from long ago
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 01:51:25 PM »
I'm so cross about the missing scenes.? >:(? ?Why, oh why, did they feel it necessary to cut out what are important parts of the storyline?? Grrrr!? ?>7<?

You guys are so lucky to have the original recordings - I would love to see them.? ?? :( 

I don't get that either.  I suspect it was a space issue.  They wanted to (or had to) keep the set to a specific number of disks.  More disks=more cost production=higher selling price= increased concern that they'd never sell enough to make it worthwhile.  :-/
MJM

Riding:  The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.  ~Author Unknown

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Rob

• Western Rider
  • Lightning Tree Fan
    • Rob Sissons
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 09:27:03 PM »
From the correspondence it would appear that it wasn't Network TV's intention to cut any scenes.

It would be great to see all the missing scenes if someone with the full versions had the time to go through them and post them on the Forum! It's frustrating to think that there may be some good scenes and bits of dialogue that we've never seen or have forgotten from our adolescence!
 >8<

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.

Offline marty

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 03:32:58 PM »

Am I glad I saw this page as I'd already placed on order for series 2 with play.com for ?10.99,but somebody must've watered the Lightning Tree,cos it was 'out of stock' and I was able to cancel and order the complete boxset from zavvi instead!!  :)

Offline Alfy Door

• Carriage Driver
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 01:05:25 PM »
I'm so cross about the missing scenes.? >:(? ?Why, oh why, did they feel it necessary to cut out what are important parts of the storyline?? Grrrr!? ?>7<?

You guys are so lucky to have the original recordings - I would love to see them.? ?? :(?

I don't get that either.? I suspect it was a space issue.? They wanted to (or had to) keep the set to a specific number of disks.? More disks=more cost production=higher selling price= increased concern that they'd never sell enough to make it worthwhile.? :-/

Were the cuts made for length purposes in specific repeat showings, and the DVDs have been taken from those tapes? There seems precious little other reason. The scenes are hardly censorious, no obvious royalty or copyright issues, and would hardly have lengthened the disc time drastically.

Immensely annoying for me, because when I bought the 'official' discs, I got rid of my 'pirates' not realising they weren't the full versions >:(.

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 02:21:17 PM »
And it seems that now the official dvds are so cheap, it's put the pirates out of business. Ironically, the pirate versions are worth more in money now than the legal ones!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Offline Alfy Door

• Carriage Driver
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 04:46:02 PM »
And it seems that now the official dvds are so cheap, it's put the pirates out of business. Ironically, the pirate versions are worth more in money now than the legal ones!!!!!!!!!!! :o

;D

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
Re: The Complete Series 1-3 on dvd and missing scenes
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 05:29:15 PM »
Frustration all round on this issue. Would be very curious to see any missing clips or deleted scenes

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 04:24:57 AM »
Hi was saying before it's a pity that they didn't do a better job with with that 3 dvd box-set and added an extra bonus disc with 'lost' scenes and other extras even if it was a 'limited edition' for collectors.   
''Not more flamming horses girl''.