Author Topic: Follyfoot Bloopers  (Read 52923 times)

Offline CarolHaynes

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot!
Re: Follyfoot Bloopers
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 01:41:50 AM »
My favourite blooper so far is in the opening episode.

The Nightriders are apparently charging about bareback with rope "bridles" but if you look carefully you can see that at least one of the riders manages to acquire a saddle and stirrups and quite a few have leather bridles with metal bits.  ;D

Offline Annie

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot!
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 09:51:47 PM »
 :)Hi,
I am  a lapsed member (sorry, unintentional). Have just got the DVD and I am having a very happy time re-capturing the rapture with which I waited for each episode in my teens.  Having just watched the episode 'Steve' I did think Dora and Steve dried off very quickly from swming across the river.
Can still see why Steve Hodson was my hero at 13, those dark soulful eyes!
Thanks for a brilliant site.
Annie

Offline Nik

• Dressage Rider
  • Founder & administrator 2004-2009
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 08:02:08 AM »
:)Hi,
I am ?a lapsed member (sorry, unintentional).
Annie

Glad to have you back Annie,

I'll have to have a little look at the clothes drying time - I found other errors but missed this. Well done!

Enjoy,

Nik
x.
Nik - Follyfoot forum founder and editor 2004-2009 | Follyfoot website researcher and contributor 2004-2007

Offline mjmdvm

• Cross Country Rider
  • A fan from long ago
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 01:02:01 PM »
I found one... In the episode "Shadow" two different horses play Shadow.  In the first half, it is a chunky TB cross. But when they go to the point-to point, the horse is a more fit, lean racehorse type.

Also, has anyone noticed that the horse that played the one that dumped Dora off in "Stryker's Good Deed"  was the same one that Steve was riding when he first appeared? That same horse also appeared in different episodes.

MM
MJM

Riding:  The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.  ~Author Unknown

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline kiwipo

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 10:05:38 AM »
Not really a blooper, but it sticks in my mind after more than 35 years.

In what I think may have been the first episode Dora and Steve are leading a horse back to folly foot, and they both wade through a ford which seems to be about ankle high. Although Steve is wearing boots Dora is wearing white sneakers.

When they arrive at follyfoot Dora walks inside and goes to see the Colonel in his office, still wearing the wet sneakers she waded the ford in as she wasn't shown taking them off.

Offline garej

• Stable Hand
  • I Love Follyfoot!
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 08:45:41 PM »
I think it may be the first episode (certainly it is one of the first episodes) Dora opens one of the stables, but it is not shut properly and it left slightly open.

The next couple of scenes it is shown firmly shut.

Offline garej

• Stable Hand
  • I Love Follyfoot!
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2008, 09:36:57 AM »
Some more bloopers:-

In the first episode when Ron is showing Dora all the horses around, after Charley they both go into the next horse's box. Ron says that they have to be careful because she is pregnant.

Later on that episode, the Colonel asks Dora if she has seen "Lindy Lou the grey mare"

Dora replies "The one that was pregnant? Yes".

The horse we met earlier was black, not grey.

Also, the one that played Folly's mum, Lindy Lou in the later episodes as well as being a different colour, was much smaller (it was a pony) and stockier than this one.

In "One White Foot Charley", Steve gets down from his bed and goes into the stable, and takes the rug off the horse (we see him doing it). The next scene the horse has his rug back on.

Also, Dora is given her reason for being up so early (just shortly after we see him take off the rug) is because of the foal. The foal is referred to as a "she" yet Folly is a he. Also in this case the foal isnt Folly (different colouring), but in all other respect the mum of this foal is the same as Folly's mum, so presumably it is supposed to be Folly. (Also, they dont mention any other foal or horse with foal in the series at the yard.)

Also in the same episode, Charley's age is given as 30, yet in the episodes "Steve" and "Dora" his age is given as 35.

I somehow, get the impression, given the state of the film used in the first place and the bloopers that Follyfoot was put together rather hurriedly.

Offline stroller99

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 07:06:02 PM »
Iv,e noticed in the episode "Someone,Somewhere"
when steve speak,s to the land-lady of the house
where his mother last stayed number 48",

the woman first calls her daughter
julie though it later changes to judy "
still a great episode though

::)

Offline jmorgan

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2008, 06:53:30 AM »
Not a blooper as such but in the episode The Hundred Pound Horse Ron is seen riding in a dodgem car at a fun fair.  He is riding in car number 7 with a girl who is wearing a thick white jumper and has a red stripy bobble hat on her head and is smoking a cigarette.   The next day Ron is again seen in car number 7 with a girl who is wearing a thick white jumper and has a red stripy bobble hat on her head and is smoking a cigarette.

Offline smilex

• New Rider
  • Smile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 11:38:26 PM »
In series 1 and 2 I only spotted one discontinuity: in "Stryker's good deed" Slugger pursuades Dora (in a hammock) to write to her mother. She opens her writing gear (or whatever it's called), then, shot from an opposite angle, it is suddenly shut and she opens it again.

During the opening of every episode, Slugger grabs back his cap that Ron took from him. Now that move looks quite sluggish. I wonder if it is ment to be like that or if this is the best take ever and they couldn't get it any better...

Offline Alfy Door

• Carriage Driver
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008, 08:00:46 PM »
During the opening of every episode, Slugger grabs back his cap that Ron took from him. Now that move looks quite sluggish. I wonder if it is ment to be like that or if this is the best take ever and they couldn't get it any better...

Yep, that bugs me every time!

Offline larue

• Stable Hand
  • greetings earthlings...take me to your larder
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2008, 06:52:58 PM »

it seems that arthur did not quite grasp the hat on his first attempt, so had to try again. i think that it was maybe left like that as it seems a bit more 'natural' if you see what i mean
regards larue :(
'eggs is good for you, eggs is'

Offline smilex

• New Rider
  • Smile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2008, 10:38:29 PM »
Compared to other series that ran at the time I think this production is of a very high quality, very subtle.

But alright, two more things:

In One white-foot Charley: would Dora really fit Callie's "smashing" outfit?

In Treasure hunt: at the start of the episode, the vet's car can be seen parked very close to a wall, too close to open the left doors properly. A little later Steve is getting in the car without a problem.

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2008, 09:48:42 AM »
?

In Treasure hunt: at the start of the episode, the vet's car can be seen parked very close to a wall, too close to open the left doors properly. A little later Steve is getting in the car without a problem.

I spotted that one too!, Smilex.  ;D ::)

regards
Sue

"all you are, and all you mean to me"

Offline rst

• Stable Hand
  • I Love Follyfoot!
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2008, 10:36:36 PM »
Just noticed this last night. In The Standstill Horse, Dora is sitting on the fence stroking a donkey - when she goes to speak to the small boy
she accidently kicks the donkey in the face.