Author Topic: Follyfoot Bloopers  (Read 52921 times)

Offline Ronald

• Stable Hand
  • I Love Follyfoot!
Follyfoot Bloopers
« on: May 29, 2006, 09:15:17 AM »
Just something new.
Last night I was watching the episode "The Prize".
I saw 2 little accidents taking place but not cut from the film.
First of all there is this little boy that is doing the game for the little children. He is getting a helping hand from (his mother??) but if she is trying to get him on his pony, his pony is standing on his foot. You can not really see that this is happening but you can tell, just how it looks like. So he is crying very hard.
Then the next accident is that Dora is doing the Cross Country and when they are just started, she is galloping towards an newly planted tree with a fence around it. Her horse is just pulling away in time and she fell almost off.
Strange but nice that in a film so securely made there are some things that are not planned. Maybe someone has other things of other episodes?

Have fun in watching them.

Ronald
If you’re rich they call you eccentric, If you’re pour you’re nutcase

Offline Nik

• Dressage Rider
  • Founder & administrator 2004-2009
Re: Follyfoot Bloopers
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 12:09:57 AM »
Hi Ronald,

It's was a good idea to start this topic and got me thinking too.

I can remember watching one episode I saw a microphone somewhere above the scene, but I dont remember which one...... now I'm thinking I'll watch them again and look out for things.

Does anyone else know of any other bloopers or odd scenes!!?

Nik
x.
Nik - Follyfoot forum founder and editor 2004-2009 | Follyfoot website researcher and contributor 2004-2007

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 07:37:58 AM »
Hi Ronald,

I have also noted a bloopers/editoral mistake in 'The Prize'.  In the scene where Steve has just helped Dora lead Klinker across the river and he gets his feet wet. Sitting on the bank Steve is removing his boots and socks put the same wet sock in his pocket twice!!!

I'm sure there are more that I have seen at the time of watching the episodes but can't recall at the moment. I'll just have to watch them again, as if I  need an excuse!!

Regards

Sue

"all you are, and all you mean to me"

Offline Ronald

• Stable Hand
  • I Love Follyfoot!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 08:04:41 AM »
Hi Sue,

You are right!!! I wouldn't found it if you didn't tell me.

Ronald
If you’re rich they call you eccentric, If you’re pour you’re nutcase

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
Gender change in The Standstill Horse
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 02:51:50 AM »
That poor piebald horse in The Standstill Horse didn't know whether it was Arthur or Martha  :)  For the first half of the show, Dora and Steve refer to the horse as "her", constantly patting and saying "Good girl!" as they train it.  Later on, the horse mysteriously becomes "him".  You never learn the horse's name...so that doesn't help!  For the record, the horse is a boy  ;)  You'd think the director would have picked up on this - it's a blindingly obvious blooper!  ;D
cheers
Sabrina
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Tallullah

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 08:16:44 PM »
When I watched the shows after not seeing them for over 20 years, I was so intent on recapturing the feeling, that I never even noticed the bloopers. Now I'll have to watch just to catch bloopers.  ;D
"You become responsible forever, for what you have tamed."

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
Know-all's glamour horse
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 01:18:01 AM »
Hi all,

Another one: I watched Know-All's Nag and the nag - Marty- has a glamourous transformation halfway through the episode. Marty is a thickset, cobby grey horse. When he gets colic, he mysteriously transforms into a part-Arab (I think) with fine legs and seems to grow a hand or two  ;D.  Glamour Marty is very well trained, and can lie down on command, act up on command etc.  When Marty gets over his colic, he becomes his placid old thickset self again. ;)

Cheers
Sabrina
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline larue

• Stable Hand
  • greetings earthlings...take me to your larder
Re: Know-all's glamour horse
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 07:17:36 AM »
Hi all,

Marty is a thickset, cobby grey horse. When he gets colic, he mysteriously transforms into a part-Arab (I think) with fine legs and seems to grow a hand or two

you'd have thought the crew would have noticed THAT!!! ?:o i've never seen a horse with hands ;)
regards larue :(
'eggs is good for you, eggs is'

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 07:37:36 AM »
I walked into that one!!! :o ;D   Ha ha! Got me, Larue!

How d'you think horses hold their knives and forks then?  ;)

Cheers
Sabrina
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline larue

• Stable Hand
  • greetings earthlings...take me to your larder
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 05:21:28 PM »
tee hee hee,

like me, they don't bother with knives and forks >1<
regards larue :(
'eggs is good for you, eggs is'

Offline scottishexpat

• Stable Hand
  • Gillian Rools!
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 06:53:07 AM »
What do you use - a spoon or a giant MacDonalds straw?
Le gach deagh dhùrachd! (With all Good Wishes)
Colin

Offline Nik

• Dressage Rider
  • Founder & administrator 2004-2009
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 05:29:35 PM »
What do you use - a spoon or a giant MacDonalds straw?

I can see someone is going to be taking all their food intravenously if their not careful.............he he he....
Nik - Follyfoot forum founder and editor 2004-2009 | Follyfoot website researcher and contributor 2004-2007

Offline rst

• Stable Hand
  • I Love Follyfoot!
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 08:54:56 PM »
In Treasure Hunt,Ron is poking fun at the Wendy-Steve-Dora triangle by reading a spoof
astrology column from a magazine.Steve looks serious and annoyed and turns to look at
Dora.Very briefly,just before the camera cuts back to Ron,Dora looks as though she is going
to burst out laughing.

Offline tvarksouthwest

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot!
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 06:34:53 PM »
In series 3, two different horses play Lancelot! When first seen in "The Helping Hand", he is a shaggy chestnut beast. On his death bed in "Walk In The Wood", he is a short-haired dark grey animal. A pitiful lapse for a show otherwise so hot on its continuity.

Offline myscimitar

• Stable Hand
  • I Love Follyfoot!
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 01:16:20 PM »
:) Hi Ronald.
Fortunately I have that episode on tape, so will check that one out when I get the chance.
The only other incident that I can think of (off the top of my head) was in "Fly Away Home". Dora was about to inform Steve that she was the new owner of Follyfoot. Ron enters, grabs a rake (or something like that) from the wall where there were other implements leaning against it. The whole lot fell to the floor, I doubt if that was meant to happen.
As you say, it would be interesting if anybody else has spotted anything.
Best wishes,
Brian ?;)

If you look at Dora she starts to smile at one point before regaining her composer as they fall around Ron.