Author Topic: Follyfoot Bloopers  (Read 52922 times)

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
Re: Follyfoot Bloopers
« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2013, 12:35:53 PM »
Well that was 2006 and 10 pages back!   :P :D My memory only lasts about a week  >374<  ;D

;D   >325< 

Someone's got to care

Offline Pen.

• Global Moderator
  • Steve 4 eva!
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2013, 11:56:18 PM »
There is only so much that those of us who've been on this forum for a while can retain!!   ;D
Rainbow chasers of the world unite!

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2013, 06:08:27 AM »
 >104<

And the good thing about that is we can enjoy it all over again a second time...and a third.... ;D

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2013, 11:43:46 AM »
>104<

And the good thing about that is we can enjoy it all over again a second time...and a third.... ;D

Too true   ;D

Someone's got to care

Offline Jean Dawson

• Cross Country Rider
  • Aim for the sky even if you reach the mountain top
« Reply #139 on: November 04, 2013, 08:34:28 PM »
 >41< >104<
Will you come back.?

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2013, 04:59:33 PM »
Can't remember if this has ever been mentioned before but while watching The Prize I noticed something which I haven't done before. Amazing how you can watch these episodes many times and still new things appear!

Just after they start galloping in the race I notice what is probably Gillian's stunt double on Sirocco nearly crash into a fence which surrounds a tree.

I guess she was trying to keep her face out of camera shot by looking down and just didn't see it. Could have been nasty!  :o

Yes, I have noticed that before , she really swings out to avoid that !  :o

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2013, 05:35:21 PM »

Yes, I have noticed that before , she really swings out to avoid that !  :o

She's lucky she didn't land head first in the tree  :o

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2013, 06:36:47 PM »
 Definitely  :o

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2013, 10:01:02 PM »

Then the next accident is that Dora is doing the Cross Country and when they are just started, she is galloping towards an newly planted tree with a fence around it. Her horse is just pulling away in time and she fell almost off.

I just viewed this from "the prize" I froze frame it and watched it slowly, it could have been quite nasty. Thank goodness she didn't hit it.
You don't stop riding when you get old - you get old when you stop riding.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2013, 06:12:32 AM »
I wonder if Tony Essex decided he wanted that bit left in, same as he did the gymkhana scene where the little boy gets trodden on!  :o >104<

Offline pete2013

• Dressage Rider
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2013, 09:09:42 AM »
I wonder if Tony Essex decided he wanted that bit left in, same as he did the gymkhana scene where the little boy gets trodden on!  :o >104<

I suspect this may have been the case.  Although unplanned - the incidents do not really fall into the category of "embarrassing errors" and could easily have been accepted by Tony Essex and the Editor on the basis that they were a natural part of the rough-and-tumble of horse-riding events.

The alternative would have been either to have cut part of the scenes - possibly interrupting the flow if there had been insufficient film footage with which to replace the cuts - or to have re-filmed the scenes.  It is interesting to note that both scenes have one thing in common - they were very busy and would have taken some effort (and cost) to re-stage.

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2013, 12:09:19 PM »
I'm wondering whether it was Gillian on the horse or a stunt double, if it was Gillian she done well to avoid a nasty accident  >41< Gillian always appears to me to be an excellent rider, not that I'm an expert on riding that is  ;D I remember years ago I was on holiday in Devon and I thought I'd have a go at horse riding  :o it frightened me as theres no brakes or handlebars and I felt as I was going to fall off sideways  >24< Horses are nice but for my safety I'll stick to motorbikes  ;D

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2013, 12:32:54 PM »
It is interesting to note that both scenes have one thing in common - they were very busy and would have taken some effort (and cost) to re-stage

I wouldn't want to try and re do the gymkhana scene again with all those children whizzing about on excited ponies  >104<

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2013, 12:35:58 PM »
I'm wondering whether it was Gillian on the horse or a stunt double, if it was Gillian she done well to avoid a nasty accident  >41< Gillian always appears to me to be an excellent rider, not that I'm an expert on riding that is  ;D I remember years ago I was on holiday in Devon and I thought I'd have a go at horse riding  :o it frightened me as theres no brakes or handlebars and I felt as I was going to fall off sideways  >24< Horses are nice but for my safety I'll stick to motorbikes  ;D

The horse was definitely Sirrocco because they put red bandages on his legs to hide the fact he didn't have white legs like Copper had. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Gillian but her stunt double.  >41<

You're probably wise to stick to motorbikes Tony, at least they don't have a brain which tells them to gallop off because there might be a Tiger hiding in a bush  ;D

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2013, 12:39:58 PM »
The horse was definitely Sirrocco because they put red bandages on his legs to hide the fact he didn't have white legs like Copper had. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Gillian but her stunt double.  >41<

You're probably wise to stick to motorbikes Tony, at least they don't have a brain which tells them to gallop off because there might be a Tiger hiding in a bush  ;D

>24<  >41<  ;D