Author Topic: Follyfoot Bloopers  (Read 53512 times)

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
Re: Follyfoot Bloopers
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2009, 07:59:45 AM »

Welcome Emmabeth,

There are numerous bloopers and continuity errors but they don't make Follyfoot any less enjoyable to watch....
....hope you continue to delight in the rest of the series.

regards
Sue
 :)

"all you are, and all you mean to me"

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2009, 12:36:38 PM »
I just watched the first two episodes of series 1 yesterday (Treated myself to the set the other day, so pleased to find it)...

Definately a lot of continuity issues with the night riders horses tack.. none had proper tack when they took them and yet the two injured horses that had to be shot both had bridles on? (ill have to rewatch to double check that but at least one did)..

A lot of horses changing colour... build.. breed as well and I did have a small giggle at the size of Folly the foal who appears to be only a hand shorter than his 'mother'.. and going through a lovely 'mouldy' coat change (wouldnt happen for a couple of months at least) though meant to be fairly newborn...

Really enjoying it though!

Welcome from me too Emmabeth - you certainly seem to know your horses!   

there are rather a lot of bloopers but I know you will still enjoy this brilliant series.   ;D

Someone's got to care

Offline folly3

• Dressage Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2009, 08:14:37 PM »
Well spotted, all the horsey follyfoot bloopers, especially my horsey namesake "folly". I for example didn?t recognize that the horse playing Tamini was the same horse as Steve?s horse "Alex" for a long time. I had to be told because I didn?t see it myself. What?s the reason for that? Although I?m a great horse lover, it seems, if it comes to Steve on horse-back I?m always looking above the saddle and not under the saddle line.
Greetings, folly3

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2009, 08:37:25 PM »
What?s the reason for that? Although I?m a great horse lover, it seems, if it comes to Steve on horse-back I?m always looking above the saddle and not under the saddle line.
Greetings, folly3

I couldn't agree more, folly3. I've probably missed loads of bloopers because I've been too busy starring dreamily at Steve....*sigh*

Sue

"all you are, and all you mean to me"

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2009, 11:33:53 PM »
What?s the reason for that? Although I?m a great horse lover, it seems, if it comes to Steve on horse-back I?m always looking above the saddle and not under the saddle line.
Greetings, folly3

I couldn't agree more, folly3. I've probably missed loads of bloopers because I've been too busy starring dreamily at Steve....*sigh*

Sue

Hi Folly3 and Sue

It's that Steveitis condition - it's very contagious!  
 :D   ;D

Someone's got to care

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2009, 07:08:33 AM »
I?m always looking above the saddle and not under the saddle line.
Greetings, folly3

;D  ;D Me too!

I've got Steveitis...and there's no cure.... Yipee!  

>1<

Offline folly3

• Dressage Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2009, 10:30:46 AM »
Another case of Steveitis! "Uncle Doc" would diagose several typical symptoms: trobbing heart-beat, higher blood pressure causing quicker pulse, higher temperature without fever, sometimes disturbed concentrating and now or then dreamily absent mindness. How to cure this illness? Absolutely sensless! There is definitely no antidote and who says I want to be cured?
( Sorry "Uncle Doc" came from Germany in case he used peculiar medical expressions.)
Greetings,folly3.

Offline Soniks

• Head Groom
  • Dog Tired
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2009, 09:34:53 PM »
Ha
In Series 3, The Challenge, when Dora and Chip are talking before the race they have rather large numbers on which when they stand together make 69!! ?Was this meant as a joke or have I just got a dirty mind!?

no its not just you, I,ve got a screen cap of the very same moment ! ;)

theres another scene that sticks in my mind when Ron and Lewis are racing their motorbikes along the country road and Lewis hits the back brake on his Honda too hard and gets a rear end slide in a cloud of tyre smoke before straighting up again...I thought the poor lad was going to fall off, bet that made his backside twitch for a moment (I think its the episode with the horse called Shadow in it) just before Ron's bike breaks down with gearbox problems... :o

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2009, 11:14:14 PM »
Ha
In Series 3, The Challenge, when Dora and Chip are talking before the race they have rather large numbers on which when they stand together make 69!! ?Was this meant as a joke or have I just got a dirty mind!?

no its not just you, I,ve got a screen cap of the very same moment ! ;)

theres another scene that sticks in my mind when Ron and Lewis are racing their motorbikes along the country road and Lewis hits the back brake on his Honda too hard and gets a rear end slide in a cloud of tyre smoke before straighting up again...I thought the poor lad was going to fall off, bet that made his backside twitch for a moment (I think its the episode with the horse called Shadow in it) just before Ron's bike breaks down with gearbox problems... :o

Yes Soniks, you're right, it is the Shadow episode.  Fancy calling Lewis 'a poor lad'!  

I hope he didn't apply his brakes that hard when he was on his horse!   :o    ::)     ;D

Someone's got to care

Offline Soniks

• Head Groom
  • Dog Tired
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2009, 01:11:21 PM »
Yes Soniks, you're right, it is the Shadow episode. ?Fancy calling Lewis 'a poor lad'! ?

I was refering to the actor (Paul Guess is it?) rather than his character ! ? ?:D ;)

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2009, 06:17:09 PM »
In the episode The Prize, at the gymkhana some poor child has a tyre fall on top of them. Another little boy goes through the tyre but as he's helped back onto his pony, his giggles turns to howls of pain as the pony accidently stamps on his foot and he's chucked back on his pony and led away in floods of tears ?:'(

Offline Soniks

• Head Groom
  • Dog Tired
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2009, 02:37:02 PM »
Was watching the 'Bridge Builder' episode the other day (I think,I get confused these days!) and the woods by the lake switch between Winter (no leaves on trees) to full on Summer with fully leaved trees depending on the particular scene?
makes you wonder how/why they shot the scenes within the episodes with months obviously between them, rather disjointed to say the least :-? :-/ ;D

Offline mjmdvm

• Cross Country Rider
  • A fan from long ago
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2009, 01:23:54 PM »
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the shooting schedule for movies/TV is completely different from the sequence seen in the final program. It could explain a lot of the continuity problems.  They just messed up with the editing in places. Still you'd think they had some kind of storyboard/guideline to go on. But then again maybe not.

I suppose the budgets for telly programs were a lot less generous than they are today.
MJM

Riding:  The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.  ~Author Unknown

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Ronald

• Stable Hand
  • I Love Follyfoot!
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2009, 02:38:23 PM »
In the episode The Prize, at the gymkhana some poor child has a tyre fall on top of them. Another little boy goes through the tyre but as he's helped back onto his pony, his giggles turns to howls of pain as the pony accidently stamps on his foot and he's chucked back on his pony and led away in floods of tears ?:'(

Funny, I started this topic with the same thing.
The only thing I haven't seen on this topic is about the stable doors.
They often are not closed carefully.
If you’re rich they call you eccentric, If you’re pour you’re nutcase

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2009, 05:07:42 PM »
Oh so you did ? :-[  ;D

Silly me...I bet we go round and round in circles on this topic ?:D