Author Topic: Follyfoot Bloopers  (Read 53536 times)

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
Re: Follyfoot Bloopers
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2012, 02:26:43 PM »
Thanks for that info.  When I am out and about, walking bridlepaths, I think the horse riders all use this piece of kit now.  Maybe not for if they fall from their mount, but in case they get mugged!!! ???

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2012, 02:53:50 PM »
I'm not 100% sure on this and please put me right someone if you know otherwise but I think it is compulsory for children under 14 to wear approved hats when riding on the road.  Obviously at a Riding school you would have to wear them for insurance purposes and I believe in certain competitons you have to wear them. But other than that I think it is perfectly legal for adults to ride without a hat if they want to?
I think it's the same here, you are right . Obviously any proper riding school won't allow riding without helmets and in any insurance related riding people will have to use it if they wish to have any accident covered + the competitions. But i saw in Helsinki all the time the professional riders practising dressage without them, i think it gives a bad example for the kids who look up to them.  :(
Anne

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2012, 05:05:01 PM »
I remember once seeing a mass demonstration of motorcyclists-mainly hells angels- roaring thro town back in the 1980. I recall one rider having a saucepan on top of his head for a 'crash helmet'. Apparently they were protesting against having to wear helmets because they believed this should be an option rather than a legal requirement.

Maybe this applies to horse riding especially on private ground  >48< It all sounds like a horse-riding loophole   :o

Offline Rusty Viewer

• Head Groom
  • I found this in my bed this morning...
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2012, 11:59:31 PM »
It should definitely be optional for those silly-looking helmets we have to wear on push bikes, but sadly it is not (In NZ, in any case).

Don't  you know, people make money from making things manadatory.  >:(

Offline Rob

• Western Rider
  • Lightning Tree Fan
    • Rob Sissons
« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2012, 08:30:10 PM »
Sue - I defintely remember the voiceover about crash helmets when FF was repeated in the 1980s.
 >73<

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2013, 12:34:03 PM »
Can't remember if this has ever been mentioned before but while watching The Prize I noticed something which I haven't done before. Amazing how you can watch these episodes many times and still new things appear!

Just after they start galloping in the race I notice what is probably Gillian's stunt double on Sirocco nearly crash into a fence which surrounds a tree.

I guess she was trying to keep her face out of camera shot by looking down and just didn't see it. Could have been nasty!  :o

Offline Gillian G

• Endurance Rider
  • These are all treasures
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2013, 12:58:15 PM »
Can't say I've ever noticed that before, yes that could have been very nasty   :o
Oh no!  this means I have to watch it again  >:(       >104<
All you are, and all you mean to me

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2013, 01:26:25 PM »
They definitely didn't like the thought of re-takes back then!!    ;D

Someone's got to care

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2013, 02:01:12 PM »
Such a chore Gillian   >49<

Loopy I can just image the Director shouting "cut" as all the horses disappear off into the distance never to be seen again  ;D

Offline jm

• Dressage Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2013, 03:30:43 PM »

A chore shared is a chore halved, so let me help you.

>49<

Offline Gillian G

• Endurance Rider
  • These are all treasures
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2013, 03:46:54 PM »
A chore shared is a chore halved, so let me help you.

>49<
You're on jm,  go for it  >41<
All you are, and all you mean to me

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2013, 08:39:44 PM »
Loopy I can just image the Director shouting "cut" as all the horses disappear off into the distance never to be seen again  ;D

>104<

Someone's got to care

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2013, 06:17:43 AM »
Can't say I've ever noticed that before, yes that could have been very nasty   :o
Oh no!  this means I have to watch it again  >:(       >104<
Me too - what a pain!!  ::)
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline come on

• Stable Hand
  • Silly Hand Farm
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2013, 08:57:07 PM »
Can't remember if this has ever been mentioned before but while watching The Prize I noticed something which I haven't done before. Amazing how you can watch these episodes many times and still new things appear!

Just after they start galloping in the race I notice what is probably Gillian's stunt double on Sirocco nearly crash into a fence which surrounds a tree.

err (cough) how about reading the first post on this thread started by Ronald - in May 2006?

Last night I was watching the episode "The Prize".
I saw 2 little accidents taking place but not cut from the film.
Then the next accident is that Dora is doing the Cross Country and when they are just started, she is galloping towards an newly planted tree with a fence around it. Her horse is just pulling away in time and she fell almost off.

:D ;D
come on, race you back to Follyfoot.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2013, 06:06:02 AM »
Well that was 2006 and 10 pages back!   :P :D My memory only lasts about a week  >374<  ;D