Author Topic: Follyfoot Bloopers  (Read 53614 times)

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
Re: Follyfoot Bloopers
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2011, 06:58:34 AM »
I've probably mentioned this before... but the standstill horse was another classic "she" then "he" then "she" again :D And there were others too I but can't remember which ones at the moment....

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »
FF was so ahead of it's time, the horses were true metrosexuals!  :D  ;D
Anne

Offline mjmdvm

• Cross Country Rider
  • A fan from long ago
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2011, 01:29:04 PM »
FF was so ahead of it's time, the horses were true metrosexuals!  :D  ;D
Anne

;D >14< ;D
MJM

Riding:  The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.  ~Author Unknown

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2011, 12:23:49 AM »
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline FollyFootfan1689

• Show Jumping Champion
  • 2nd Generation Follyfooter
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2012, 03:53:59 PM »
Oh dear, yet more tears of laughter!  ;D

Thanks Loopy for letting me borrow the caps!

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2012, 06:09:43 PM »
Hi

It is the first time I have read about all the bloomers we made during the making of Follyfoot, I must admit they have given me a good laugh.  I think the one which really stands out is in Shadow when the daughter of the Squire falls off her Shadow and Steve and Gillian have different clothes and different horses to a previous shot.

We do have a good excuse for this

Ladybird
By the way Jane, what was the excuse?  :)

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2012, 06:45:59 PM »
By the way Jane, what was the excuse?  :)

>11< Hi Anne, Jane has answered this in her new thread recently.  :)

If you watch the episode Shadow you will see huge continuity problems because some of the film was from the pilot episode and some of it reshot for the new episode with Steve

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2012, 10:18:48 PM »
Forgot that one!  :-[

Offline Pen.

• Global Moderator
  • Steve 4 eva!
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2012, 10:40:00 PM »
Oh dear!  Looks like another time I'll just have to watch the DVD again!!! ::)
Rainbow chasers of the world unite!

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2012, 10:45:12 AM »
The same here Pen, what a nuisance!  ::)

I was still wondering were the continuity problems a smaller issue those days? I understand the reasons for that case, but for instance S&G having completely different clothes and even horses would be a big no-no nowadays. Not criticizing, just interested  :) I once asked Jane how come nobody ever wore any hats, didn't even Tony Essex insist on them for security reasons: it was just not such a big deal back then.
Anne

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2012, 11:12:58 AM »
The same here Pen, what a nuisance!  ::)

I was still wondering were the continuity problems a smaller issue those days? I understand the reasons for that case, but for instance S&G having completely different clothes and even horses would be a big no-no nowadays. Not criticizing, just interested  :) I once asked Jane how come nobody ever wore any hats, didn't even Tony Essex insist on them for security reasons: it was just not such a big deal back then.
Anne

It is strange now to see the FF riders with no safety helmet. This led me to just check when wearing of a motorcycle crash helmet was made compulsory for all riders in the UK, and it was not until 1973. So, it looks like helmets for horse riders would not have been considered necessary until sometime after that? It may have been different in Scandinavia? For example, I know that Volvo started fitting car seat belts in all their new cars from 1967 and it was not until 1982 that wearing them became compulsory in the UK.

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2012, 11:18:07 AM »
You tend to take granted the safety issues nowadays and forget that rules were introduced just a couple of decades ago.
About Scandinacia: i just saw some riding pics from the 70s, people were always wearing helmets, so perhaps you are right Dave, it was different here.
Anne

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2012, 11:23:09 AM »
I've always had the impression that Scandinavian countries have led the world when it comes to the welfare of their citizens. :)

dave

PS  must go and look at the dvd soon to find the blooper!

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »
It is strange now to see the FF riders with no safety helmet. This led me to just check when wearing of a motorcycle crash helmet was made compulsory for all riders in the UK, and it was not until 1973.

I remember that during the credits on the re-runs of the Follyfoot episodes, those where Ron is riding his bike(and Steve in 'Shadow'),  shown in the 80s. There was a voiceover that reminded viewers that it was now complusory to wear a motorcycle crash helmet. Does anyone else recall this? I'm sure I still have some recorded on VHS.

"all you are, and all you mean to me"

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2012, 01:35:04 PM »
So, it looks like helmets for horse riders would not have been considered necessary until sometime after that?

I'm not 100% sure on this and please put me right someone if you know otherwise but I think it is compulsory for children under 14 to wear approved hats when riding on the road.  Obviously at a Riding school you would have to wear them for insurance purposes and I believe in certain competitons you have to wear them. But other than that I think it is perfectly legal for adults to ride without a hat if they want to?