Author Topic: welcome from Finland  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
welcome from Finland
« on: February 18, 2010, 09:38:55 AM »
Hi all you FF fans & greetings from Helsinki Finland! Just registered myself some days ago into this site, what a treat, many thanks to the people making it possible!!

FF was shown on Finnish TV 1972 - 1974, no reruns since then as far as I know. And can you imagine, I was about 5 when it started and I still remember bits & pieces about it, notably the horses and of course the opening with the catchy title song. How weird is that?! I run into the title song in Youtube a couple of weeks ago, got a tremendous flashback and ordered immediately the complete 1-3 series form UK (not available in Finland for some reason).

So now I have been enjoying long past memories watching the series & reading as well all the info on this wonderfull site :D I was soooo bothered by the ending, especially since the UK dvd version does not have any Finnish subtitles so I was not sure if I missed something for not properly understanding English or literary references. But I got over my anxiety attack after some help form the episode caps & the discussions on several topics.

Cheers, keep on connecting and sharing all this wonderfull energy, lovely to see some romanticism is still very well alive and kicking! Looking forward to seeing if we all can get the missing clips from Howard....? ?::)
Anne

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
Re: welcome from Finland
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 12:01:26 PM »
Hello Anne and a warm welcome to you :)

I'm so glad you are enjoying reading the posts. We are a bit mad here sometimes? :D? ?;D

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 01:22:16 PM »
Welcome, Anne.  >33<

Great to see you here.

I hope you will continue to visit us and enjoy this original and only Follyfoot forum.

regards
Sue
 :)

"all you are, and all you mean to me"

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 01:23:33 PM »
We are a bit mad here sometimes? :D? ?;D

Just sometimes, .... ::)

:D :D :D :D :D

"all you are, and all you mean to me"

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 01:40:07 PM »
Hello Anne

Welcome from me too - lovely to have you aboard.   >33<

You already seem to be enjoying this very friendly Forum and don't forget to have a look at the wonderful website too.  I'm so glad you have re-watched the series and I hope you are not so bothered by the ending this time around!   ;)

Someone's got to care

Offline Marie

• Cross Country Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 06:41:40 PM »
 >33< Hello, Anne, welcome to the forum.  :)

Offline Rob

• Western Rider
  • Lightning Tree Fan
    • Rob Sissons
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 07:29:06 PM »
Greetings Anne! Nice to see you on the Forum!

Rob 
 :)

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 08:00:18 AM »
A warm welcome from me too, Anne. It's good to have Finland represented on our worldwide forum.

dave :)

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 08:52:30 AM »
Good morning & thanks for the warm welcome!? :)

I started timidly, first going through the general website and links and it took me some time to realise there is this buzzing happy place with active people on it! Strange, I am not usually very active on any web forum, never been my cup of tea, but this one caught me right from the start. I haven't been the type to get hooked on idolising any films, TV series or actors either, so what the bleep happened with Follyfoot, beats me!? Perhaps the first phase of an upcoming middle age crisis to go back & start having teenage dreams about Steve??? ;D

Steve could be discussed endlessly, right girls? But my first and true love is the horses. I never played with dolls as child but anything having even remotely something to do with horses got me going. Unfortunately I did not have a chance to take any riding lessons back then, but it is never too late to start, like I did 5 years ago. Now the horses are a big part of my life weekly, for instance I am going to Provence-Camargue next month for one week?s riding trail...

I just realised I could have introduced myself properly in the newcomer's section, my apologies! Anyway I am definitely going to spend time on the site in the near future too and second weekend round through the dvd box is a sure thing!
Anne

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 06:24:21 PM »
Hello Anne   :)

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 01:21:31 PM »
Hello Jane, thanks I got your message
Wishing everybody a lovely start for the week,