Author Topic: Hi to all new members...  (Read 16035 times)

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
Re: Hi to all new members...
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 12:54:36 AM »
  >33< Welcome, Dorset! Hope you enjoy wandering around "Follyland" and catching up on what the stars are doing now as well as plenty of info - and fun.
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2016, 11:25:32 AM »
 >33< from me too - glad to have you on board the Follyfoot express!

Someone's got to care

Offline pete2013

• Dressage Rider
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 11:04:36 AM »
A very warm    >124<    to our all our new members, including the most recent - Rosegate, Dorset and Thais!

So happy to see you on-board!   >9<

Offline pete.r.

• Steeplechasing Star
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2016, 12:29:50 PM »
  >33< All new members from me too
Cut out the strong to help the weak

Offline FollyFootfan1689

• Show Jumping Champion
  • 2nd Generation Follyfooter
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2016, 08:43:08 PM »
Welcome Thais!  ;)

Thanks Loopy for letting me borrow the caps!

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2016, 02:19:13 AM »
Hello Thais and  >33<
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline pete2013

• Dressage Rider
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2016, 07:50:52 PM »
 >124<  aboard Alistair!

Offline Alistair

• New Rider
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 09:49:29 PM »
Hi there to all Follyfoot lovers and to Pete2013 for welcoming me to the Forum.
I joined the Forum today as I am currently in the middle of reacquainting myself with the series on YouTube, which I first watched on TV when I was fourteen years old and then again whenever they were repeated some years later. It is strange really because I have never really been into horses at all, although I do love and respect animals - we have two cairn terriers and I used to have a beautiful cat. From the outset I thought Follyfoot was a great drama series, with good plots which covered a number of powerful moral and relationship issues. I also have to admit to having had a real soft spot for Dora (still do if I'm honest).  >75< However, as a guy, I have always shied away a little from admitting to loving the series to my friends and even my wife, who think that it was made for 'teenage girls' who were into ponies and they generally just give me a strange look! I just think that that they have missed  out on something 'special' in their life!
After watching the first seasons' episodes over the last week, I then explored the web and came across the Follyfoot fan site and your Forum. I am amazed and heartened by the number of serious fans (both male & female) out there and by the amount of detail on the site, particularly in relation to the locations used during filming the series.
Quite by coincidence, my wife suggested a few days ago that she would like to visit the town of Harrogate for a few days. (We live in Peterborough). After watching the series again, I am now thinking that I might take this opportunity to visit the Hollin Hall and Pond location for the first time, despite the massive changes made since the 1970's, which have been so well recorded on the fan site. Trying to compare the shots in the series with the location now is certainly quite a challenge but it has really added another dimension to watching the programme again. I guess that it is probably much less accessible than it was forty odd years ago! Any tips on visiting the location and avoiding the wrath of land owners would be greatly welcomed from Forum members.
All I need to do now is tell my wife that would like to take her there - more funny looks I suppose  :-[  :)

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2016, 11:05:53 PM »
Hi Alastair and  >124<!

You're probably not the only male here who has felt a bit shy about admitting a love for the series - but none of them are shy about admitting they adore  >75<.

While the pond and Hollin Hall are on private land there is a bridle path which passes by, giving you a good look at the Follyfoot cottage (barely recognisable but you'll be able to make out a few old features) and the pond. The path passes by the second pond which everyone remembers from the episode Treasure Hunt. It's fenced off but I understand there's a break in the fence somewhere  ;) - I didn't find it a few years ago when I visited. Other members have visited and have put their hints and tips here on the forum.
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline MidnightZodiac

• Western Rider
  • In silence they scream.
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 05:19:04 AM »
Welcome Alistair. >41< Have no fears about being the only adult male Follyfoot fan.... We have members who are retired RAF jet pilots, motorcyclists, engineers, railwaymen... you name it.  >104<

My partner knew right from the start that I was a Follyfan... Though it does help that we are both horse crazy, owning several between us. >117<
Nice to have you on board.
"We shape horses, then they shape us, but, we must be what we want our horses to become."

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 12:39:40 PM »
Hi Alistair and welcome to the Follyfoot site.

Don't be shy to admit you like Follyfoot, my wife thinks I'm a bit nuts  >382< but I don't care  >104< I haven't mentioned too much about Dora though  ::)  :D

The locations are lovely to visit and the memories come flooding back  >41< It also feels special to be at the locations where the magic was made and the lovely Dora walked, you'll enjoy it.  :)

Tony  >41<
You don't stop riding when you get old - you get old when you stop riding.

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2016, 01:01:46 PM »
>33<  A big welcome from me too Alistair.  So glad you've decided to join us. 

There is an absolute wealth of FF information on this forum and on the website.  Harrogate is a lovely town and I think your wife would love it and also visiting some other FF locations like Wetherby and Thorner, as well as Hollin Hall.  You've probably seen the members' visits on the Website where there are lots of photos and videos.

If you find Hollinhare's mammoth FF walk on here, you will see that it takes in Hollin Hall and several other locations including the beautiful bridge on the Harewood estate.   It's not too taxing a walk, probably 6 or so miles, but well worth it if you have time and a sunny day. 

Enjoy yourself in Follyland.    ;)

Someone's got to care

Offline FollyFootfan1689

• Show Jumping Champion
  • 2nd Generation Follyfooter
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2016, 07:18:10 PM »
Hi Alistair!  ;)

Thanks Loopy for letting me borrow the caps!

Offline Lord Charles

• Show Jumping Champion
  • I can't BEAR to be away from Follyfoot!
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2016, 11:09:49 PM »
Hello Alistair!

Welcome from another male Follyfan - and I agree with Loopy about Hollinhare's mammoth Follywalk - it's a great way to see most of the sights!

Enjoy!  >11<
Long live Follyfoot!

Offline Jean Dawson

• Cross Country Rider
  • Aim for the sky even if you reach the mountain top
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2016, 05:34:52 PM »
Welcome Alistair. You,ve  just opened the gate to Follyfoot, now step rjght in and visit all your Follyfoot memories. >314< >313< >315< >74< >75< You,ll love it here. x
Will you come back.?