Author Topic: Series 3 DVD  (Read 18180 times)

Offline jmorgan

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
Re: Series 3 DVD
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2008, 05:06:33 AM »
I`m still waiting for mine...The suspense rises! And Jeff, there`s a crying smily behind your mail, are these tears of happiness or sadness in assoziation with the end?
Greetings, folly3!

Sadness that it was over for all time.  They all said their goodbyes, packed their bags and left.  The farm buildings were left to die a slow death while the farm house became a rich mans palace.  It?s only the lakes where time has stood still.

Offline garej

• Stable Hand
  • I Love Follyfoot!
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2008, 03:39:36 PM »
[The only thing I casn think off that might warrant a 12 cert, is the fact that (without giving too much of the storylines away)there are a
couple of fight scenes, scenes of the nightriders and another of dead and dying horses, which would probably be a little frightening or distressing for younger children.

I think you are probably right on reflection. Again, have not watched the whole of the DVD.

I remember thinking when watching the follyfoot video (this is before the official DVD came out) being shocked at it being rated U, whereas the PG rating is probably fair.

I dont think kids these days would find it scary - probably pick holes on how "naff" it is. A lot of kids are exposed to far worse stuff these days, unfortunately.

Offline BabyCham

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2008, 07:14:15 PM »
So far I have seen the first disc and some pretty good episodes bring's back memories ?;D.

Compared to the last two series this has proberly been a little more darker ?:o! maybe that's why it's a 12....

But like alot of you have said on here before, kid's today would find it very tame.

Sheila

Oh by the way! I don't know about you guy's but it was strange to hear the king of glam Gary Glitter playing in the background where Chip and Dora met up at the "disco" ?;D ;D ;D.

Maybe that's why it's a 12 certificate ?;) ;D?!?!

Offline Alfy Door

• Carriage Driver
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2008, 08:06:44 PM »
I believe that's doing the rounds on the US Election circuit at the mo -

"McCain spent four years in a Vietnamese prison."

"So did Gary Glitter, and I'm not voting for him either."

I had a girl friend at primary school who idolised GG. So sad to have those illusions shattered.

Offline Axxell

• Carriage Driver
  • Les Chevaux Du Soleil..
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2008, 11:37:45 PM »
 FF IN SPANISH: Well, Was Follyfoot ever shown in Spain in the 70s & if so was it popular in that land??   :-??   P.S.: Alfy Door, Good one about McCain & Gary Glitter!! I'll tell it around!!
``That`s craftman`s work! I`m not crafty as some!``..Dora Maddox to Ron Stryker.

Offline Axxell

• Carriage Driver
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2008, 02:13:38 PM »
Re: Disco Scene: If You notice closely, You'll spot a really cool girl dancing, Tight black suede Boots, short suede skirt, feathered shag very similar to :).....  Ultra Total 70s ?Foxxxyyyyy!!!!!! ;)
``That`s craftman`s work! I`m not crafty as some!``..Dora Maddox to Ron Stryker.

Offline Alfy Door

• Carriage Driver
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2008, 12:06:35 PM »
Dunno.

Didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me.

Offline Axxell

• Carriage Driver
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2008, 02:20:04 PM »
Ron was an early "Green" "Earth Day" advocate....FF did have a quiet eco. side.... :-?

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2008, 07:50:51 AM »
Ron's tank top with a ship's wheel is also intriguing!!  :D

I watched it earlier this week and was pleased to see that in series 3 no scenes appear to have been edited out.  But yeah....where's Series 4? (At Asda apparently! ;))
Cheers
Sabrina x
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Rusty Viewer

• Head Groom
  • I found this in my bed this morning...
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2008, 09:04:05 AM »
I'm a little worried. I ordered from amazon.co.uk. According to the tracking it was dispatched on the 20th Oct and due on the 27th. It's Nov 1st and it still hasn't arrived.

I'm concerned that it might have been stolen. If so, I've lot $40 NZ. There's no redress for this as far as I know. The packages from them are always inconspicous but even so, sometimes people go past and just randomly grab things from letterboxes. It doesn't matter that it may not mean anything to them, they just do it.

As best as I recall, nothing I have ordered from them has been this late before. I emailed Amazon and they said I should wait until Nov 11th ?:-? and then they'll look into it. Is it common to be this late? I  only have to wait 8 or 9 days at the most normally.

Have others experienced this much of a delay?

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2008, 12:53:49 AM »
Hi Rusty
Mine arrived to my astonishment on the 24th - fantastic quick international service. I'd preordered prior to Oct 20 release. I've ordered things before from Amazon which have taken a good ten days though. Hope it turns up on Monday for you. Is the internal post within NZ usually pretty quick?
Kind regards
Sabrina x
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Rusty Viewer

• Head Groom
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2008, 12:58:50 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've never had to wait this long. But why did Amazon say wait until Nov 11th? I think I read a rumour a while ago that sometimes they say they've dispatched something but they haven't. I wonder if they discovered it hadn't been sent off and have only just done it now? But, "officially" that is not the case of course.  ::)

The thing is, if your mail gets stolen from your letterbox, I don't think there's any way to get your money back. I'm pretty sure that isn't covered by them.

Offline folly3

• Dressage Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2008, 12:26:30 PM »
Hi, Rusty Viewer,
I thought I had ordered my DVD by Amazon, too and I told so here in the forum. But I have changed it in my mind, the follyfoot DVD came from ebay and something totally different from Amazon. So I can`t give you a tip, but hope you`ll get yours soon.
Greetings and good luck, Folly3.

Offline Rusty Viewer

• Head Groom
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2008, 04:45:35 AM »
It still hasn't arrived after 2 weeks.

As much as I love Follyfoot, I'm not prepared to fork out again for series 3 unless they bring out a digitally remastered version.

Who likes to be ripped off $40?

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2008, 08:14:44 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've never had to wait this long. But why did Amazon say wait until Nov 11th?

Hi Rusty Viewer,

I'm not too sure about the international postage rules but certainly here in the UK, Royal Mail don't consider an item to be lost until after the 15th day after the expected delivery date and won't look into the matter before then.
I would still contact Amazon again and the postal services, as there is a procedure for lost national and international mail.  You never know it may turn up and/or compensation, or another one sent out to you.
Don't give up.... ::)

regards
Sue

"all you are, and all you mean to me"