Author Topic: Series 3 DVD  (Read 18179 times)

Offline jmorgan

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
Re: Series 3 DVD
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008, 05:28:51 PM »
Oh dear, I feel that some series 3 Mastermind questions are on there way.

Offline Barney

• New Rider
  • Follyfoot Forever!
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2008, 10:43:39 AM »
 8-)
Hello - Buenos d?as

Have just e-mailed Amazon UK, as they are advertising Follyfoot - The Complete series 1 - 3, ?in Spanish, with English subtitles. ?As far as I can see, there is no English version. ?Watch this space!

Goodbye - Adi?s

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2008, 11:27:07 AM »
8-)
Hello - Buenos d?as

Have just e-mailed Amazon UK, as they are advertising Follyfoot - The Complete series 1 - 3, ?in Spanish, with English subtitles. ?As far as I can see, there is no English version. ?Watch this space!

Goodbye - Adi?s

Desconcertante, Barney. :-?

HMV are advertising the 6 DVD Boxset.......assumingly in English for ?36.99....
Perhaps there's been an error at Amazon.

un cordial saludo (with kind regards)
Sue

"all you are, and all you mean to me"

Offline Barney

• New Rider
  • Follyfoot Forever!
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2008, 12:00:46 PM »
 8-)

Hello - Buenos d?as

Here is the response from Amazon UK:

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk with your enquiry.

After looking into your enquiry I found that the item - Follyfoot 1-3 complete series box set is available only in Spanish Language with English subtitle from Amazon UK, and there was no further information available regarding the English Language

Very strange!!

The cheapest on-line price at the moment is WH Smith @ ?34-99, but I would suggest checking that it is the English version first, before ordering - unless of course you want the Spanish version!!

Goodbye - Adi?s

Offline katherinef

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 11:09:36 PM »
my series three arrived yesterday  :) but "saving" it as off work next week to have a minor op.  After that recuperating at home for a few days so will indulge then :)

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2008, 11:39:37 PM »
How strange - SPANISH with ENGLISH subtitles! I didn't think Follyfoot had a big following in Spanish-speaking countries. Well it will now!  ;D ;D German I could understand as it was a co-production with a German tv company. ?!Que?! (Wish I could turn the question mark and exclamation upsidedown but can't!)

Gracias Barney for the detective work!
Hasta la vista,
Sabrina x

Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Alfy Door

• Carriage Driver
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2008, 08:45:06 AM »
?!Que?! (Wish I could turn the question mark and exclamation upsidedown but can't!)

It's okay Sabrina, I turned my head upside down while I was reading it :)

Mine is here now, along with a two quid 'Price Guarantee' refund from Amazon. They're nice people really I guess...

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2008, 09:30:39 AM »

Be careful, Alfy, all that blood rushing to your head can do funny things.... :D :D :D

HMV were very good to me when I ordered the first series, as the price was reduced after I preordered it, they refunded me the difference of ?5.. :)

best regards
Sue

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2008, 08:05:04 PM »
8-)

Hello - Buenos d?as

Here is the response from Amazon UK:

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk with your enquiry.

After looking into your enquiry I found that the item - Follyfoot 1-3 complete series box set is available only in Spanish Language with English subtitle from Amazon UK, and there was no further information available regarding the English Language

Very strange!!

The cheapest on-line price at the moment is WH Smith @ ?34-99, but I would suggest checking that it is the English version first, before ordering - unless of course you want the Spanish version!!

Goodbye - Adi?s

So, I didn't know Dora and Steve spoke Spannish!!!!!!!!!! Why bother with the English subtitles when there is an English version?

It seems that a Julio Martinez stars in the Spanish version  ;D Clearly, there is a problem at Amazon!!!!!

don't worry por favor. I'm sure it will be all right on the night.

dave

Offline jmorgan

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2008, 09:31:23 PM »
Got mine today and went straight to the last episode as I couldn?t remember how it all ended. :'(

Jeff

Offline smilex

• New Rider
  • Smile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2008, 09:50:48 PM »
My copy arrived today from Amazon.co.uk as well, with the 2 GBP price guarantee refund.
 :)

Offline folly3

• Dressage Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2008, 07:05:36 PM »
Got mine today and went straight to the last episode as I couldn?t remember how it all ended.

Jeff

I`m still waiting for mine...The suspense rises! And Jeff, there`s a crying smily behind your mail, are these tears of happiness or sadness in assoziation with the end?
Greetings, folly3!

Offline garej

• Stable Hand
  • I Love Follyfoot!
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2008, 09:08:03 PM »
Mine arrived this morning, and I got another DVD on Tuesday.

Have yet to watch either of them though.

One thing that puzzles me is why it is a 12 and the others are PG, I dont  remember anything in follyfoot that would warrant a 12 rating.

I also dont believe the "complete and uncut" thing, I bet those of you with VHS copies can find a few "missing" scenes.

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2008, 10:45:23 PM »
One thing that puzzles me is why it is a 12 and the others are PG, I dont ?remember anything in follyfoot that would warrant a 12 rating.

Hi garej,

The only thing I casn think off that might warrant a 12 cert, is the fact that (without giving too much of the storylines away)there are a
couple of fight scenes, scenes of the nightriders and another of dead and dying horses, which would probably be a little frightening or distressing for younger children.

Anyone else have there own ideas?

regards
Sue
PS Haven't watched my official DVD yet, so don't know if there are any 'missing' scenes.

Offline Alfy Door

• Carriage Driver
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2008, 11:59:38 PM »
Not watched mine yet either, but I do remember the scenes you mean (though I've not seen them for about 20 years!), and I think you're probably right.