Author Topic: Public right of way or not??????????  (Read 2981 times)

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
Public right of way or not??????????
« on: May 31, 2014, 08:00:05 PM »
Can anyone please tell me whether the following roads are public rights of way or will I be shot at if I ride my bike along them  :D

The road that leads up to Hollin hall off the A61, its marked as Harrogate road on Google maps and the other is Stockeld lane that, I think, runs past the famous gates at the rear access of Stockeld park.  >41<

Tony
You don't stop riding when you get old - you get old when you stop riding.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
Re: Public right of way or not??????????
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 08:40:29 PM »
There are no public roads to Hollin Hall I'm afraid. You'd have to ask permission from Harewood Estate to go along that road.

From what I remember the road leading up to the gates at Stockeld is a private road. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that one.  :)

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 05:33:57 PM »
There are no public roads to Hollin Hall I'm afraid. You'd have to ask permission from Harewood Estate to go along that road.

From what I remember the road leading up to the gates at Stockeld is a private road. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that one.  :)

OK Thank you   >41<

I'd better get those ideas out of my head then.  :)

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 06:59:14 PM »
 >73< >101<  >380<  >104<

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 07:14:35 PM »
I've now got an Ordnance Survey map of the area. The road that leads up to Hollin hall is, as you said , a private road.

However, Stockeld lane that runs within view of the famours gates of Stockeld park is a Bridleway, you could go within viewing distance of the gates if you walked, rode a horse or cycled, mmmmmmmmmmmmm

:D

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 08:22:48 PM »
However, Stockeld lane that runs within view of the famours gates of Stockeld park is a Bridleway, you could go within viewing distance of the gates if you walked, rode a horse or cycled

That's interesting Tony! I never thought of looking on my OS map  ::) Now rushing off to have a look  :D