Author Topic: Last names of the characters?  (Read 7419 times)

Offline tvarksouthwest

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot!
Re: Last names of the characters?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 05:40:52 PM »
hi Rusty

as far as i remember the main character names were...

Colonel Geoffrey Maddox
Dorothy [ Dora ] Maddox
Steven [ Steve ] Ross
Ronald [ Ron ] Stryker
Arthur [ Slugger ] Jones
Don't quote me on this, but I'm sure the letter Dora receives at the start of "Family Of Strangers" has her surname spelt MADDOCKS.

And do we know Slugger was really Arthur, or are we assuming this because he was played by an Arthur?

Offline larue

• Stable Hand
  • greetings earthlings...take me to your larder
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 06:29:51 PM »
Don't quote me on this, but I'm sure the letter Dora receives at the start of "Family Of Strangers" has her surname spelt MADDOCKS.

And do we know Slugger was really Arthur, or are we assuming this because he was played by an Arthur?

hi tvarksouthwest

you are probably correct aboot the spelling of Dora's surname. [man, i'm just gonna have to watch that ep again!!!]i for one would not want to argue the point. as my memory serves, Slugger's name in Cobbler's Dream was Arthur, so i guess it was a co-incidence that Arthur English's name was Arthur too :-?

regards larue :(
'eggs is good for you, eggs is'

Offline tvarksouthwest

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot!
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 12:40:30 PM »
Callie's surname is confirmed as Holmes when Dora turns up at her school wanting to see her - but ends up facing off with the headmistress!

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 01:30:50 PM »
I don't recall Callie Being Holmes (mustn't have been paying attention)....I'm sure I saw in one ep Callie's surname was Sheppard - unless I'm getting confused with the Monica Dickens books!
Cheers
Sabrina
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline tvarksouthwest

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot!
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 02:06:42 PM »
I meant to say, the episode in question was "Out Of The Blue Horse", but you knew that already didn't you?

Admittedly reading has never been a great interest of mine but if I have seen any Follyfoot books anywhere I have grabbed them, and from the quick glances I had it was obvious that the TV version of Follyfoot played around with the characterisation as is customary. For instance, The Colonel was The Captain, with Callie and Anna (unrelated in the TV series) his daughter and wife respectively.