Author Topic: Follyfoot Remembered- How it all began  (Read 40777 times)

Offline Nik

• Dressage Rider
  • Founder & administrator 2004-2009
Follyfoot Remembered- How it all began
« on: February 18, 2009, 10:20:49 PM »
Hi all,

As many of you will know from the recent interview with Jane Royston it is very likely that there will be a new publication on the Follyfoot series.

I have been asked, would I publish the following letter for the fans of Follyfoot to see.

So, have a read of the following:

"Jane Royston and I  would like to say "hello" to all the members who visit the forum, and thank you for your interest in the new Follyfoot book.  Jane, as some of you will already know, was Horse Manager for the entire three series of the show, and has fascinating stories to tell about the work behind the scenes, as well as the locations used.
We would like to take this opportunity to update everyone on our progress, and confirm that the first draft is more or less complete now - we are just adding some finishing touches.  Jane and I are both discovering that the publishing process is a very long, slow and complicated procedure, but hope to be able to share some good news with you over the coming weeks.
The new book will take readers on a journey behind the scenes of Follyfoot, revisiting locations used, talking to the actors, and hopefully solving the mystery once and for all of the infamous "Lockkeeper's Cottage!"  
The book will also detail how Jane found the location for Follyfoot Farm, list all the episodes, and contain never before seen photographs - in fact, I can't wait to read it myself!
We will keep in regular touch via Nik, and rest assured, the forum will be the first to hear all the latest and up to date news on the book.
Best regards - Ray"

What more can I say!

Nik
x.

P.S. We have the sole permissions of the authors to publish this letter. It is not for reproduction elsewhere.
Nik - Follyfoot forum founder and editor 2004-2009 | Follyfoot website researcher and contributor 2004-2007

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
Re: Follyfoot Remembered- How it all began
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 07:29:06 AM »
This is just brilliant news!

I can't wait to read it, see new photos and what the actors say about the show after all these years  8-)

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 07:51:27 AM »

Great News!   :)

Thanks Nik, for passing on that message and please convey thanks to Ray for keeping us upto date about the book and for his promise of more first hand information in the future.

Can't wait too!

Sue
x

"all you are, and all you mean to me"

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 09:16:46 AM »
I’m sure the new book will answer many of the questions that fans have wanted to ask for so many years. And it will stimulate lots of new topics for this forum to talk about. New pictures after over 35 years is exciting news, as is the fact that cast members will be giving us an insight for the first time of what Follyfoot was really like for them. Good luck to Jane and Ray with the book. I am sitting at the edge of my seat. :)

dave

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 09:28:47 AM »
Utterly fantastic news!  ;D

Can't wait to read the book - anything about filming the series, and what it was like at the time, will be wonderful. Especially finding out where that elusive lockkeeper's cottage is  ;).
Cheers
Sabrina x
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 01:31:19 PM »
This is just so exciting - can't wait to read it!

;D

Someone's got to care

Offline folly3

• Dressage Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 09:29:11 PM »
Dear Nik,
Thank you very much for all your efforts to answer my question about the new book! There are so good news, indeed! I´m so happy that the book project will become reality and I´m longing to read it.
Greetings, folly3.

Offline folly3

• Dressage Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 07:29:49 PM »
Dear Ray,
Many thanks for sending the letter about the new book to the forum! Now we are well informed and feel really near to the exciting happenings..... Good to know that you`ll keep us up to date....
I´m looking forward to this in future!
Greetings folly3.

Offline timb9095

• Dressage Rider
  • Its too hot for stew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 10:32:43 PM »
Wow, fantastic news Nik and Ray.

Many thanks

Timb

Offline Michael

• Stable Hand
  • It's never too late ...
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 01:08:00 AM »

Maybe we could be of help to them with the book's launch in some way? Even if only by turning up to any event they have planned for it (or by suggesting that they have such an event, and guaranteeing that it will be crammed full of Follyfooters!)

Michael

Offline scottishexpat

• Stable Hand
  • Gillian Rools!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 01:56:43 AM »

Well, I must confess that I don't think that will be fair on poor Gillian! When the series aired, she probably had about 5 MILLION male fans, but most of them will be too embarrassed to turn up (or might live ovrseas!) so that means that all the Follyfooters will in actuality be FOLLYFILLIES and certifed as "SDF's" - - "Steve Daft FollyFillies!"

Can you imagine the mess - hundreds of the wee blighters running wild, calling out "Steve, Steve, Steve - I miss you, I love you, you're mine, all mine!" to one and all.

The police will need to be called to control the peace, when they cannot manage them, then the Army (all 25 of them!) will need to be called in to restore Law and Order - and then there's the older follyfillies - dangerous blighters they are!

I suppose Louise could be persuaded to add the book details to the Follyfoot Website in return for a REAL SIGNED COPY from STEVE made out to her!  HINT HINT HINT!!!  :D 

JUST A THOUGHT!  ;D  ;D
Le gach deagh dhùrachd! (With all Good Wishes)
Colin

Offline Michael

• Stable Hand
  • It's never too late ...
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 11:28:36 PM »

Gillian would have one male fan there at least, and I am sure I could make as much noise as all the fillies put together!

Michael

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 07:35:58 AM »

Don't bet on it, Michael.... ;D

Sue
a SDF.

"all you are, and all you mean to me"

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 09:14:10 AM »
Not sure about that Micheal... ;D

From another SDF  ;)

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 12:36:12 PM »
I think I'd probably be speechless - just staring, and staring and staring...      ;D    :D

Someone's got to care