Author Topic: New member  (Read 6889 times)

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« on: July 14, 2013, 03:04:55 PM »
Hello from south Wales UK, I've always had fond memories of Follyfoot I must have been about 10 when it was first aired. By chance a few months ago I found a clip on you tube, that was it then I was on you tube all night just looking at all the clips of Follyfoot. I must say there are some amazing clips there too, well done to everyone that put them on. The 70's were a great time, I think, some good memories. Dora how gorgeous was she, sorry Gillian but its true. I was always determined to have a girlfriend like Dora as I grew up but sadly that never happened, if my wife only knew what I was writing on the forum she'd kill me.
The 40th anniversary, I was a bit disappointed I never knew about that until it was too late, never mind maybe I'll see the 50th. Its nice to see there are other people who still love and remember Follyfoot
You don't stop riding when you get old - you get old when you stop riding.

Offline flynn

• New Rider
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 04:48:53 PM »
Hi and welcome Tony. >41< lots of good info on here so hope you enjoy it. also new members buy the beer at our next meeting. ;)
Tomorrow's almost over, Today went by so fast, The only thing to look forward to is the past

Offline pete.r.

• Steeplechasing Star
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 05:00:06 PM »
You sound just like me Tony
Cut out the strong to help the weak

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 05:08:58 PM »
 >33< Tony glad you have found us. I felt the same way about Steve...hope Mr Suzy doesn't read this!  >49<  >32< >104<

Offline pete.r.

• Steeplechasing Star
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 05:16:15 PM »
>33< Tony glad you have found us. I felt the same way about Steve...  >49<  >32< >104<
;D ;D
Cut out the strong to help the weak

Offline Gillian G

• Endurance Rider
  • These are all treasures
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 07:39:15 PM »
 Hi Tony, great to have you with us. I felt the same way about Steve too  >30< I think a large percentage of fans on here would agree too, and yes I agree the 70s were a very special time.  >41<
All you are, and all you mean to me

Offline Lord Charles

• Show Jumping Champion
  • I can't BEAR to be away from Follyfoot!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 08:03:29 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, Tony!  >41<
Long live Follyfoot!

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 09:38:04 PM »
Thank you everyone for the kind wishes yep the beers are definitely on me.  >41<  Brilliant website I've already been on the gallery dreaming. Whens the next anniversary? what a feeling that must have been to have been in the same room and actually speaking to the two main stars. 40 years ago when I was sat in front of our black and white television watching Follyfoot I would have never dreamt in a million years I would have been able to speak to Dora in person, sorry I mean Gillian, that must have been quite impressive. Again thank you everyone and hope to speak with you all soon.  Tony.

Offline FollyFootfan1689

• Show Jumping Champion
  • 2nd Generation Follyfooter
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 07:04:59 PM »
Welcome Tony!  ;)

Thanks Loopy for letting me borrow the caps!

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 08:47:30 PM »
Thank you FollyFootfan1689, I'm glad I've found the site. I thought I was the only person that had fond memories of Follyfoot and now I've found you guys. There's some really good info and nice pics on the website. 

Offline Jean Dawson

• Cross Country Rider
  • Aim for the sky even if you reach the mountain top
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 09:35:59 PM »
Welcome Tonywing  you can open the gate to Follyfoot anytime you like here. Walk down memory lane and dream. Follyfoot lives on in all of our hearts and minds here.  >75< >74< >315< >313< >314< >77< >109<
Will you come back.?

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 11:40:13 PM »
Hi Tony and  >33< !! You may have to get in line behind all the other blokes here who wanted Dora/Gillian for their girlfriend though!  ;D
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 07:11:53 AM »
Welcome Tony  8)
I think a 50th could be quite a big celebration in the making !  ;)  >41<

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 09:11:59 AM »
Welcome Tonywing  you can open the gate to Follyfoot anytime you like here. Walk down memory lane and dream. Follyfoot lives on in all of our hearts and minds here.  >75< >74< >315< >313< >314< >77< >109<

Hi Jean Dawson, thank you for the welcome, Its an amazing site I'll be spending a lot of time on here dreaming. :)

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 09:17:16 AM »
Hi Tony and  >33< !! You may have to get in line behind all the other blokes here who wanted Dora/Gillian for their girlfriend though!  ;D

Hi Sabrina, I don't mind it'll be worth it. ;D ;D