Author Topic: Robin New to forum  (Read 6323 times)

Offline norfolkdumpling

• Steeplechasing Star
Re: Robin New to forum
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 08:04:58 PM »
Hi Robin >11< and welcome.
norfolk dumpling aka loopylin

Offline FollyFootfan1689

• Show Jumping Champion
  • 2nd Generation Follyfooter
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 07:04:04 PM »
That's great Robin, It's lovely to hear the younger generation are showing an interest. We already have one second generation fan on here ( >11<  Hi Follyfootfan 1689)  that I know of, maybe more .
Glad you are enjoying the forum  >41<

Thanks for the shoutout Gillian and welcome Robin!  ;)

Thanks Loopy for letting me borrow the caps!

Offline Gillian G

• Endurance Rider
  • These are all treasures
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 08:04:49 PM »
You're welcome FFF    >41< :)
All you are, and all you mean to me

Offline robin mcewen

• New Rider
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 05:39:00 PM »
Thank you all so much for your warm welcomes. I would never have dreamed of being so nostalgic all these years on. Having watched FF 1 and 2 tonight i think I will order FF3.

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 06:26:04 PM »
Welcome robin mcewen  >41< I'm a newby myself its a nice site with some very knowledgable and friendly people on here. I've only been on here a few days but I'm finding it addictive, I find it brings back the good times and good memories. Ow and did I mention there are some nice pictures and videos of Dora on here  >95<
You don't stop riding when you get old - you get old when you stop riding.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 06:35:30 PM »
i think I will order FF3

It's a bit different to the first two series. Don't want to say too much and spoil it. Be interested to hear what you think >41<

Ow and did I mention there are some nice pictures and videos of Dora on here

>104< tony  >75<

Offline robin mcewen

• New Rider
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 09:29:01 PM »
I just ordered it from Amazon, so I will be receiving it soon, will let you know what I think. The advent of DVD's and the internet have been a real boon for me, I have a huge collection of DVD's that I have collected over the years, many from charity shops, and many that date from late sixties and early seventies, films and TV. I research on the IMDB, (Internet Movie Data Base), and one thing leads to another. I recently bought the complete Doc Martin with Martin Clunes, and of course, Christian Rodska in two episodes. I enjoyed the couple of episodes I saw when it was broadcast, will enjoy watching the series, particularly looking out for Christian. I plan to visit the filming locations of FF at some point too.

Offline Jean Dawson

• Cross Country Rider
  • Aim for the sky even if you reach the mountain top
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 10:54:50 PM »
Think that's the first time you mentioned Dora, Tony. ::) >104<
Will you come back.?

Offline Lord Charles

• Show Jumping Champion
  • I can't BEAR to be away from Follyfoot!
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 11:12:01 PM »
;D ;D
Long live Follyfoot!

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 06:27:36 AM »
I recently bought the complete Doc Martin with Martin Clunes, and of course, Christian Rodska in two episodes. I enjoyed the couple of episodes I saw when it was broadcast, will enjoy watching the series, particularly looking out for Christian. I plan to visit the filming locations of FF at some point too.

Christian Rodska appears in quite a few films etc.  >41<

I know you'll enjoy vising the Hallowed Ground, it's a magical setting  8)

>14< Jean

Offline Tony

• Western Rider
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 08:19:03 AM »

;D I don't realise I'm doing it sometimes  ;D
You don't stop riding when you get old - you get old when you stop riding.

Offline robin mcewen

• New Rider
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 01:45:03 PM »
I have watched seies 3 now. Firstly, continuity, Dora has a new beige jacket,  but the old one makes an appearance in 1 episode with the top right button present then not, then back. You are right, very different,  tensions between Steve/Dora rise, as do tensions between Steve/Ron. There is frequent conflict over ethics/viability/charity/economy.  I would hazard a guess that Dora is on the edge of deppression and definitely emotionally unstable, not uncommon with people with high ideals which she definitely has.She hates change, to the point of keeping Ron on, when in all truth, his work ethics and cavalier habit of smoking near hay or straw would have had him sacked on any farm I have worked on. Hating change can also be a veiled desire for emotional and personal stability, again, consistent with the idealistic Dora. I found myself torn between her  commendable ideals and Steves sound business sense. It was great to see David Hemmings on screen and to have his proven directing skills too. How did I feel at the end? Unsure really. Steve and Dora are obviously emotionally close, but always it seems at odds with each other, well most of the time. He seems to agree with her ethics and morals, but always his pragmatic sense emerges. He seems oblivious to the attractions of Tina, played by the adorable yet tragic Lynne Frederick,  and to Dora's jealousy,  as he was with the blond girl in series 1. I enjoyed all 3 series, and will study them in more depth as I get to know them more. 1 thing I am sure of though, there is far more depth of character/plot than in a lot of more modern dramas,  and more time to develop both.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 05:43:00 PM »
lol at you noticing the button  >49<

I enjoyed all 3 series, and will study them in more depth as I get to know them more. 1 thing I am sure of though, there is far more depth of character/plot than in a lot of more modern dramas,  and more time to develop both.

Well said, totally agree!  8)

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 10:14:30 PM »
lol at you noticing the button  >49<

Well said, totally agree!  8)

... and me   >41<

Someone's got to care

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 08:25:44 AM »
Glad you have seen all three series now, Robin. I think you're the first person to notice Dora's magic button with its disappearing and reappearing act!

Cheers,
Sabrina