Author Topic: Chat about Follyfoot Remembered  (Read 32416 times)

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
Re: Chat about Follyfoot Remembered
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2011, 08:04:09 AM »
 ;D ;D

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2011, 12:18:26 PM »
So what's everyone's thoughts on the book then?  :)

I like the way each episode has Janes memories and you can quickly read through before watching an episode. Last night I watched Barney, and looked out for the long and short grass which she mentioned. I'd never noticed that before. And the way Jane's hand can be seen in the episode of Shadow as she hides behind the jump and tries to descreetly keep hold of the horse but doesn't quite manage it. Another thing I hadn't spotted!

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2011, 02:15:23 PM »
It's a very well presented book... an 'easy' read... and the photos are great.  I like the ones that show them filming.  I like the green pages too - a bit more soothing on the eye.  I enjoyed reading the interviews - everyone was very honest and it's interesting to hear the different views.  What certainly comes across is how hard everybody had to work (especially if the black taxi was in sight!) so it's not surprising that it was such a brilliant programme.   :)

I really enjoyed the book and the insight into what a tough job it was looking after the horses on location - thanks for your memories Jane and Ray.    >92<

Someone's got to care

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2011, 02:33:39 PM »
Ahh yes, the dreaded black taxi gets quite a few mentions  ;D

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2011, 04:57:18 AM »
Got mine yesterday - hurrah!!! :D :D

It was a real revelation to read what went on behind the scenes sourcing and training the horses - and a delight to see all those lovely piccies of the cast. Oh, and to finally know the approximate location of the lock keeper's cottage hee hee!!

Thanks to Jane and Ray for all their hard work and all the people who contributed photos, stories and interviews. :) :)

I'm going back to read it all again now  ;)
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2011, 06:56:24 PM »
Oh i will be the last one to read it...  :-[ really no point in ordering it now  with the anniversary gathering, i trust i can get a copy during the trip to UK?
Anne

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2011, 06:57:24 PM »
Yes Anne you will be able to  :)

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2011, 07:06:22 PM »
Great!  8) Any chance of seeing the pic on the page 84....  ::)
Anne

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
You'll have to wait until you've got the book anne  ;) ....it's well worth the wait!  >30<   >45<

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2011, 08:20:17 PM »
That's just plain cruelty !!  :o  ;D
Anne

Offline Pen.

• Global Moderator
  • Steve 4 eva!
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2011, 10:23:45 PM »
It is a bit cruel Anne, but there are also those of us who have the book and are deliberately not discussing things raised in it for fear of "spoilers" for those of you who aren't yet so lucky.  All deeply frustrating!!

Maybe we need some way of measuring when it's safe to start certain discussions!   :-X  :-X  :-X

Pen.  :-*
Rainbow chasers of the world unite!

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2011, 11:43:21 PM »
I don't think anybody will enter this thread if they don't want to know about the book yet Pen.  It's hard to keep quiet about it!

Someone's got to care

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2011, 11:46:58 PM »
Any chance of seeing the pic on the page 84....  ::)
Anne

.... Oh Anne, it's  :D  >21<  >24<  >27<  >45<  >69<  >100<  >19<  >78<

Someone's got to care

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2011, 06:42:00 AM »
It is a bit cruel Anne, but there are also those of us who have the book and are deliberately not discussing things raised in it for fear of "spoilers" for those of you who aren't yet so lucky.  All deeply frustrating!!

Maybe we need some way of measuring when it's safe to start certain discussions!   :-X  :-X  :-X

Pen.  :-*

I did try to get a discussion going the other day but there wasn't much response. Now I know why, you were all being very polite  ;D

So please feel free to start discussing the book. I'd love to hear what you all think!  8)

I'm afraid we can't post photos from the book here though because of copyright issues  ;)

Offline loopylin

• Western Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2011, 12:07:12 PM »
The photos are fantastic and so are the interviews. My favourite picture is page 83 which is obviously
not from the series.Steve and Gillian look so relaxed and happy. In the picture on page 56 where he is placing his foot in the trap I think Steve looks a bit apprehensive and Gillian concerned. Great shot of Ron on 44 and Gillian on 122- in fact there are so many good ones I'm tempted to buy another copy to cut some out and laminate and put others in an album!
linda-norfolk dumpling