Author Topic: Chat about Follyfoot Remembered  (Read 32402 times)

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
Re: Chat about Follyfoot Remembered
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2011, 08:54:14 PM »
I was a little dissapointed that Veronica Quilligan was not interviewed in the book. I was led to believe she had been (according to my 'sources')  ;)  Gillian Bush Bailey was  ::)

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2011, 07:53:11 AM »
I was a little dissapointed that Veronica Quilligan was not interviewed in the book. I was led to believe she had been (according to my 'sources')  ;)  Gillian Bush Bailey was  ::)

I know you have a soft spot for Veronica, Pete.  :) With her coming into the show at a very late stage I suppose she is not really associated with the series like the regular stars. I'm sure Hazel would have had a big part in the Follyfoot film and if the script ever becomes available we will find that out. Maybe one day Veronica could be asked about her FF memories, that would be interesting? :)

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2011, 09:18:18 AM »
I do agree with what you say dave because Follyfoot, as the original fans would remember, was all about Dora, Steve and Ron. That is where the real fond memories begin and reside. The Colonel and Slugger played their roles too and of course Callie who made appearences much earlier on, made a fleeting impression that warranted a mention in the book. Whereas Hazel appeared as you say, at a later stage. Certainly had the series continued into a fourth run, then her role would have strengthened and a film would I'm sure likely included her  :)

Yes she may be able to add new snippets?

Offline ahorseman

• New Rider
  • We would never have met.........
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2012, 05:39:05 PM »
Hay,I got my Follyfoot remembered book today.It arrived this morning and i have been flicking through it all day.Its quite a fascinating book as there has been so little known about Follyfoot until now,and i bet theres an other book to come.I am sure jane will have more stories to tell. :D
james

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2012, 09:49:44 PM »
,and i bet theres an other book to come.I am sure jane will have more stories to tell. :D

I don't think there'll be another book unfortunately but I'm sure Jane has loads more stories to tell.  :) 

Someone's got to care

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2012, 06:50:21 AM »
Glad you are enjoying the book James  :)

Offline Rusty Viewer

• Head Groom
  • I found this in my bed this morning...
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2012, 10:42:01 AM »
Will there be a More Follyfoot Remembered book or is that just a rumour?

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2012, 11:04:27 AM »
Will there be a More Follyfoot Remembered book or is that just a rumour?

I think it's probably a rumour Rusty.   :)

Someone's got to care

Offline postkamer

• New Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2013, 03:16:15 PM »
Hello everybody, i have a question to you all. I like very much to buy the Remembered book from Follyfoot, but i have no creditcard orso, so is it possible to send one of you the money you need, to buy and send the book to me? I also know  that is safe to ask one of you, and pay you before the money. Hope you understand, en can help me, because i can  not buy the book in The Netherlands. Thank you very much

Offline flynn

• New Rider
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2013, 12:10:32 PM »

I bought the book Follyfoot Remembered and as I expected there was some great articles in it and worth every penny. :)
Tomorrow's almost over, Today went by so fast, The only thing to look forward to is the past

Offline ese

• New Rider
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2013, 12:18:24 PM »
As a newcomer on the site and noticing the existing of the book follyfoot remembered I ordred it immediately. In Belgium you can only do this via the standaard boekhandel. In the book I read that Arthur English was the subject of the television programme this is your life in 1978 with guest appearances from both Gillian and Steve. I looked on different sites (Youtube...) but could not find it anywhere.
In my opinion, Follyfoot was a cult classic because of the fact that it is a lovingly feuilleton that brings up the best in human beings.
Greetings to all the Follyfoot fans
Eric

Offline Gillian G

• Endurance Rider
  • These are all treasures
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2013, 12:41:27 PM »
Hi Eric,   >11<  Lovely to have you here with us.  I think the episode of This is your life  that you are thinking of was one for the" Colonel", Desmond Llewelyn, and it was Dora and Ron ( Gillian and Christian), that appeared on it.
I don't know how to do a link, but if you go to the Follyfoot videos section on here, there is a video of it that you can see. Enjoy  >41<
All you are, and all you mean to me

Offline ese

• New Rider
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2013, 05:45:47 PM »
Helo, I've seen the episode of this is your life with Desmond llewelyn. On page 126 (Arthur English remenbered) of Follyfoot remembered, reference is made to the televison programme this is your life from 1978. The episode with Desmond Lleweyn was broadcast in 1995

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2013, 06:38:12 PM »
On page 126 (Arthur English remenbered) of Follyfoot remembered, reference is made to the televison programme this is your life from 1978. The episode with Desmond Lleweyn was broadcast in 1995

Hi ese

I've never come across this episode anywhere either. >47< I wish it was on Youtube! If anyone does find it we'd love to see it!  >41<

Offline Gillian G

• Endurance Rider
  • These are all treasures
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2013, 09:45:25 PM »
Hi ese, sorry about that, my misunderstanding,  :-[    no I haven't seen that episode either. I will keep an eye out for it though. :)
All you are, and all you mean to me