Author Topic: Updates on visiting "Follyfoot Farm" location  (Read 14086 times)

Offline pete2013

• Dressage Rider
Re: Updates on visiting "Follyfoot Farm" location
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 05:55:18 PM »
Loopy,

Now the new fan web-site is up-and-running I've been looking through the "farm visits" section. 

Your visit to Hollin Hall in 2009 - specifically the "Rain On Friday" visit has a photograph of a partially opened (farm) gate beyond which there are two wooden benches; I'd be interested to know what part of The Farm/Hollin Hall this is.

Kind regards

pete2013

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 12:32:40 PM »
I'd be interested to know what part of The Farm/Hollin Hall this is.

Kind regards

pete2013

Hi pete2013

:-[  I've been trying to remember exactly where this is and I think it is what would probably be the front garden of the farmhouse.  There is a wall that curves round and I think the gate was near that... or it may be around the side a bit more.  It's so hard to remember.  Sorry I'm not being very helpful.   :D  Mr Loopy can't remember either!!  :(

Perhaps if anybody is visiting (Hollinhare?) they may be able to locate the gate again and let us know exactly where it is... pretty please.  :)  (Of course, it may be gone by now  :( )

Someone's got to care

Offline hollinhare

• Dressage Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 01:44:50 PM »
Hi Pete2013 & Loopy,

I don't recognise it but if it's not at New Laithe farm on the way down (I can't imagine it would be) it must be as you say Loopy, past the curved wall leading from the garden into the field or round the corner from the garden onto the path by the lake. Here's a photo from the anniversary visit & there seems to be a gate leading out onto the lake...

There's been a fence in the field round the garden for a few years now, probably to protect it from the marauding cattle >:( & of course with the recent fortifications it's impossible to get very close now but he has put a stile & dog gate by the old donkey house in the last year.

I'll have a look through my older photos & see if I can track it down!

Offline pete2013

• Dressage Rider
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 02:53:51 PM »
Loopy, Hollinhare,

The windows in the photograph are not the ornate ones that (as far as I can tell) appear in the more recent photograph of Hollin Hall, taken from the lake.

However, having not (yet) visited, I don't know the overall layout of the site nor do I know what, if any, renovation has taken place since 2009.

The photograph caught my eye because an open, low level, gate seemed out of keeping with the rest of the property which seems to have been developed with privacy in mind.

I'd still be interested to know if you are able to place the gate's location.

Many thanks

pete2013

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 05:36:38 PM »
nor do I know what, if any, renovation has taken place since 2009.

Sadly there have been changes since then. The top barn has been demolished which you can just about make out in the photo :( Last I heard the owners plan was to turn that area into a garden I think. Hollinhare might know more about that  >41<

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 12:52:42 PM »
I don't recognise it but if it's not at New Laithe farm on the way down (I can't imagine it would be)

It's definitely not at New Laithe Hollinhare - it opened into a very pretty little garden - must have been round the side?  Wish I could remember!!   :D

Someone's got to care

Offline pete2013

• Dressage Rider
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 06:09:54 PM »

Yes, now you point it out, I can see the roof of the barn that faced the lake is absent in the photo.

Thank you.

pete2013

Offline pete2013

• Dressage Rider
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 06:18:23 PM »
Loopy,

Your description - "little garden" - somehow sits uneasily with the observed redevelopment philosophy of Hollin Hall. 

Is it possible that the photo is of neither New Laithe Farm nor Hollin Hall?

pete2013

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 11:20:49 PM »
Hi Pete

It is definitely Hollin Hall - I will look through my other pics and see if I can find out the exact spot.

;)

Someone's got to care

Offline hollinhare

• Dressage Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 12:02:26 AM »
It wasn't the back garden of Steves renovated place was it? I checked the front & the windows are different... ???

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013, 02:04:37 PM »
It wasn't the back garden of Steves renovated place was it? I checked the front & the windows are different... ???

>18< I think it may have been Hollinhare

Someone's got to care

Offline pete2013

• Dressage Rider
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 01:35:56 PM »
Hollinhare, Loopy,

I suppose this would explain the size of the garden and why it apparently cannot be seen in any of the other photographs on the fan website; that is - despite the number of photos - there are insufficient to give an overall "picture" of the entire perimeter.

Incidentally - "Steve's (redeveloped) barn" - is this still technically Hollin Hall or does it have it's own address?

pete2013

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2013, 01:47:17 PM »
Incidentally - "Steve's (redeveloped) barn" - is this still technically Hollin Hall or does it have it's own address?

pete2013

It was Hollin Hall when we spoke with the owner in 2011 so I presume it still is.

Someone's got to care

Offline pete2013

• Dressage Rider
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »
Loopy,

Thank you.

Is there still a wall between "Steve's barn" and "the Farmhouse" or do they both share a communal "yard/garden" with the entire redeveloped site being surrounded by a single wall?

pete2013

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2013, 06:28:26 PM »
I think this might be one for Hollinhare to answer as I expect more work has been done since I last went. >48<