Author Topic: Sabrina's visit to Follyfoot  (Read 6862 times)

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
Re: Sabrina's visit to Follyfoot
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 10:10:38 PM »
We walked around to the back of the woods and didn't see a stile, went as far as the 'corner' at the end of the back. The new fencing is clearly quite new and made to keep people out.  There was a Keep Out notice too. Possibly HSE stuff as there's water there and it's on a public footpath? Whatever, it's annoying. Wish we'd walked all the way around but it was getting late in the day.
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Pen.

• Global Moderator
  • Steve 4 eva!
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 10:13:10 PM »
There was a stile. Has that gone too?  :(

When I was there in June there were big signs by the stiles saying "Private - Keep Out" or words to that effect.  >47<
Rainbow chasers of the world unite!

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 10:14:56 PM »
Pen,Marie, Jane and Sabrina, I get the impression the present owners (and others) see fans and walkers alike as potential trespassers and so I believe they will eventually seal the whole area off in time  >48<

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 06:33:28 AM »
We walked around to the back of the woods and didn't see a stile, went as far as the 'corner' at the end of the back. The new fencing is clearly quite new and made to keep people out.  There was a Keep Out notice too. Possibly HSE stuff as there's water there and it's on a public footpath? Whatever, it's annoying. Wish we'd walked all the way around but it was getting late in the day.

Oh   >47<

Looks like the only thing recognisable now is the big lake. Surely they wont fence that off as it used by fishermen  >48<

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 06:46:14 AM »
 >47<  >47<  >47<

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 09:08:32 AM »

>47< >:( ;D
Hope not! Local dog walkers clearly use it.
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Rob

• Western Rider
  • Lightning Tree Fan
    • Rob Sissons
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 10:33:58 PM »
Thanks for posting the photos, Sabrina! The barns haven't really changed that much since last year, but it's very sad to hear that they've fenced off the little secret lake!  :(

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.

Offline come on

• Stable Hand
  • Silly Hand Farm
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 12:12:49 AM »
Sabrina, I'm impressed by your travels of late! Thanks for posting your photos, always fascinating to see how Hollin Hall changes as each Follyfan reports on their latest pilgrimage, as well as read how people react when they first encounter the sacred site. So glad to read you came away with memories to treasure. A 39 yearold dream that finally came true! :)
come on, race you back to Follyfoot.

Offline mjmdvm

• Cross Country Rider
  • A fan from long ago
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2012, 04:50:52 AM »
Congratulations on making a sucessful trek to The Sacred Ground!   :) :)
MJM

Riding:  The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.  ~Author Unknown

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2012, 08:38:03 AM »
Hollinhare tells me there is still a stile there. So my husband and I must be blind!!  I'm annoyed we missed it in that case but soooo glad it is still there!  :)
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2012, 12:05:16 PM »
Hollinhare tells me there is still a stile there. So my husband and I must be blind!!  I'm annoyed we missed it in that case but soooo glad it is still there!  :)

Oh, that's a shame you missed it Sabrina  >47<