Author Topic: Ron's Love for Dora?  (Read 6676 times)

Offline NokuMarie

• Cross Country Rider
  • "No matter where you go, there you are."
Ron's Love for Dora?
« on: May 17, 2012, 03:59:54 AM »
Here's something I certainly hadn't seen before! For those of you partial to Ron, with interesting screenshots of him with Dora... rather than... hmmmnnn... you know... whatzisname... that Other Guy.

Follyfoot - I am a Clown

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
Re: Ron's Love for Dora?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 06:26:42 AM »
Thanks Sheryl.  8)  Lovely music and a great vid  :)

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 10:39:55 AM »
Aaww, that's sweet. the music and pics match well together.

Offline Marie

• Cross Country Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 09:59:55 PM »
Awww, that was so sweet, thanks for sharing. :)

Offline Hercules

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 05:08:52 PM »
Nice vid, however ...................... the title of this thread is perplexing.

"Ron's Love for Dora?"

Why the question mark? If he wasn't nuts about her he must have been just about the only young bloke in the UK between '71 and '73 who wasn't

She still binds me in her spell and I'm an old geezer who should know better by  now!   :D

Offline NokuMarie

• Cross Country Rider
  • "No matter where you go, there you are."
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 10:27:50 PM »
... Why the question mark?
When I found this video my first thought was:  "At last someone has addressed the issue of what feelings Ron might have entertained toward Dora!"  My impression from the series was that he obviously found her attractive and probably had a big ole crush on her, but lacked the nerve to put the moves on...  perhaps due to fear of Red Mist Rising?  Aside from one isolated questionable comment Ron made early on, he generally treated Dora in more of a big-brotherly fashion—which was totally at odds with the image he was trying to project.  I don't recall reading, here in the forum, much discussion of what sort of relationship they might (or might not) have had... especially during the months (inbetween broadcast seasons!) Steve was away.  Good material for fanfic speculation!

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 12:28:47 PM »
Ron and Dora seemed to get closer certainly as friends while Steve was away. He took her dancing after all  :)I think he adored her but thought she was out of his league. And he could see she wore her heart on her sleeve re Steve.
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 12:47:12 PM »
Although Ron was a lovable rogue he was also quite a nasty character at times, especially I think in Rain on Friday.  Ron was threatened by and jealous of Steve and was always looking for 'Brownie points' from Dora. He liked to think he was getting one over on Steve as far as Dora was concerned, and quite often did.  I think he cared deeply about Dora but I think he knew Dora wouldn't be able to feel the same about him, especially with Steve still around.  Ron would have loved to see Steve leave Follyfoot. 

Someone's got to care

Offline Soniks

• Head Groom
  • Dog Tired
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 08:44:10 PM »
I have to say I am responsible for putting this vid together  :-[  ( I think I must have been trying to  get in touch with my feminine side at the time) ....I always find it interesting as what makes some Follyfoot vids more popular than others, I initially thought viewers would prefer live action clips but this particular vid has attracted nearly 10,000 views  but consists of just stills, what influences the choice to view ?...the subject, the artist/song?...Its still a mystery to me I must admit  >48<

In any case I've got a track or two rolling around in my mind for  one or two new vids for the winter months...and David Cassidy WON'T be included  >103<

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 10:49:37 PM »
I've got a track or two rolling around in my mind for  one or two new vids for the winter months...

Looking forward to those Soniks   ;)

Someone's got to care

Offline Marie

• Cross Country Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 11:08:49 PM »
It's a great video, Sonika.  I used to fancy Ron back in my young teenage days.  I still love guys who can make me laugh.  :)

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 06:23:38 AM »
Looking forward to those Soniks   ;)

Ditto!  8)

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 09:14:28 AM »
Good to have this reminder of the Follyfoot characters, Soniks, and the alternative romance. :)

Offline Soniks

• Head Groom
  • Dog Tired
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 05:17:30 PM »
The Dora/Chip relationship  >95<  hasn't been tackled yet.......hmmmmm  ;)

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 05:50:06 PM »
 >104<