Author Topic: Hollin Hall access  (Read 12942 times)

Offline Motormouse

• Head Groom
Hollin Hall access
« on: April 28, 2012, 11:34:58 AM »
I am I right in thinking that the only way to visit Hollin Hall is via the bridle way, the reason for me asking is I am going on holiday in June with a couple of mates by motorbike to the Yorkshire Dales and we are passing the entrance to Hollin Hall, well I have engineered it that way, I would like to visit as we are passing but I can't really ask them to do a half mile trek down the bridle way, but if we could ride there we could have a look round the lake, I know the house is Private, but I also think that the road to Hollin Hall is Private, I am sure someone on the forum will know. Thanks Barry.

Offline Rob

• Western Rider
  • Lightning Tree Fan
    • Rob Sissons
Re: Hollin Hall access
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 12:54:12 PM »
Hi Motormouse

Hollinhare, one of our members, lives in Harewood and is the resident expert.

She did a fantastic thread including a map and details of how to get to Hollin Hall and other filming sites by public footpaths and bridleways.

You can find it here:

http://follyfoot.org/smf/index.php?topic=4.msg26#msg26

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 01:43:56 PM »
I hope you manage to visit Hollin Hall, Barry. As Hollinhare's map shows, you'd have to walk there via the bridleway. It is a lovely walk when you come down the valley and see the farm nestling at the bottom of the valley.  :)

Offline Motormouse

• Head Groom
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 07:43:49 PM »
I did think the only way to get there was to walk, but unfortunately if we have to walk we won't have the time, if we could have ridden there we would probably only have about 1 hour to look round at the most, it would probably take an hour to walk there and back, I will have to try to arrange a training course in Dewsbury at some point and  then I will probably be able to pop over and have a look as I think Dewsbury is only just over 20 miles away, I will have to be content with riding my bike up Ron's road this time round knowing that Christian had ridden the same road on his bike.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 06:45:05 AM »
I will have to be content with riding my bike up Ron's road this time round knowing that Christian had ridden the same road on his bike.

That's a shame you won't have time Barry  >47<

I wouldn't have liked to do that  8) Sadly I don't have a bike anymore. I wouldn't mind riding a horse around that area too  >50<

Offline Motormouse

• Head Groom
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 07:12:20 PM »
Yes it is a pity that being so close I won't have time to visit, I will get there one day soon I hope, and maybe able to spend a bit of time there, I might try to get one of my friends to take a photo of me riding up Ron's road and post it on the site.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 07:57:57 PM »
I might try to get one of my friends to take a photo of me riding up Ron's road and post it on the site.

>116<

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 10:27:15 PM »
I might try to get one of my friends to take a photo of me riding up Ron's road and post it on the site.

Great idea Motormouse - the piece of road is so recognisable and perhaps you can let me know how the old Forge is doing (or not as probably is the case?).   >48<

Someone's got to care

Offline Motormouse

• Head Groom
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 10:57:07 PM »
No problem Loopy, providing that it is not pouring down with rain I will try to get a couple of photos, but hopefully the weather will be a bit better in June.

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 11:40:21 PM »
No problem Loopy, providing that it is not pouring down with rain I will try to get a couple of photos, but hopefully the weather will be a bit better in June.

Thanks Motormouse.  I do hope the weather is better in June!  ???   ;)

Someone's got to care

Offline hollinhare

• Dressage Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »
I'll look out for you Motormouse! >73<

Offline hollinhare

• Dressage Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 10:22:38 PM »
#

Great idea Motormouse - the piece of road is so recognisable and perhaps you can let me know how the old Forge is doing (or not as probably is the case?).   >48<

Not doing very well I'm afraid Loopy some  >96<****>96< has tried to take the old gas pump (presumably for scrap) the glass has been broken & the hose cut, the forge & the cottage behind are still derelict although there's been a bit of redevelopment or possibly even a new build tucked away a couple of doors up on the footpath behind. Where oh WHERE is that lottery win?!!!!!!!!! >:(

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 10:32:01 PM »
Not doing very well I'm afraid Loopy some  >96<****>96< has tried to take the old gas pump (presumably for scrap) the glass has been broken & the hose cut, the forge & the cottage behind are still derelict although there's been a bit of redevelopment or possibly even a new build tucked away a couple of doors up on the footpath behind. Where oh WHERE is that lottery win?!!!!!!!!! >:(

:o    >47<   Why, oh why, won't the owner let somebody buy it and save it?  I WANT IT!!   :(

Someone's got to care

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 06:07:51 AM »

This makes me so angry  >:( What a waste, when there are people who want to buy it  :(

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 06:33:37 PM »
Great shame all this  :(  >:(