Author Topic: Hi,im new here  (Read 6457 times)

Offline ahorseman

• New Rider
  • We would never have met.........
Hi,im new here
« on: April 13, 2012, 06:25:44 PM »
Hi,my names james and just found this forum.I loved follfoot as a child,BUT our nanny would never allow the tv to be switched on for me to watch,so the only episodes i did watch was when we were on holidays from school and our nanny was away on holiday.I,because of my back ground was always on doras side,her family were like ours and i assosiated with this.I am from a very wealthy family,i do have the horses,stables country estate and castle.As a child,when at home we did not have too many friends,and even less horsey ones so all 4 of us would watch FF,then get the video camera and re-inact the episode with our horses.I became quite good at falling off and getting the horses to stand as i got off or fell off,just like dora and steve did.I wish i could find the videos,they are around some where.I remember my friend debbie playing the part of doras mother and she had a wig on made from flaxen horse hair.She also played dora,complete with copper,he  was called barney,and realy did look just like doras copper.Our stables look just like the ones at doras uncles house, we have 40 stables with the same glass overhang and the same rought iron and wood stables with brass hay racks etc.We have the lake,etc etc etc and had a great time acting out all the scenes.Anyway,thats me and i hope to read all of your experiences with follyfoot to.  JAMES
james

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
Re: Hi,im new here
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 06:57:39 PM »
 >124< James, hope you enjoy your time here  :)

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 07:10:21 PM »
 >33<  James

Offline FollyFootfan1689

• Show Jumping Champion
  • 2nd Generation Follyfooter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 07:21:54 PM »
Welcome! Loved the re=enacting FF stories! :)

Thanks Loopy for letting me borrow the caps!

Offline ahorseman

• New Rider
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 10:58:14 PM »
Thanks every one.I do have the dvds now and i will admit that i watch them every night and have done for the past few weeks.I watch two episodes before i go to bed and love them. :DHow are the letters sending getting on to G and S.Has any one received a reply from them yet.
james

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 12:52:56 AM »
Welcome James - lovely to have you on board.   >44<  So glad you've found Follyfoot again after it being such an important part of your childhood.  :)   The re-enactments must have been fun.    ;)

Someone's got to care

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 07:33:20 AM »
Hi James. Very glad to know you are a fan and a warm welcome here. Dora's care of horses obviously impressed you very much. Was she your type, or is that a silly question?

Offline ahorseman

• New Rider
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 08:34:53 AM »
Hi dave,Dare i say dora could have been a bit too much of a cryer for me.I dont think i could have put up with all the moaning and weeping.Id preffer her to be a bit more "happy". :)
james

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 09:29:28 AM »
A warm welcome to you James  :)

Offline Pen.

• Global Moderator
  • Steve 4 eva!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 09:32:47 AM »
Hi and  >33< from me. Hope you find this forum to be a fun and welcoming place.
Rainbow chasers of the world unite!

Offline Rob

• Western Rider
  • Lightning Tree Fan
    • Rob Sissons
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 09:49:29 AM »
Welcome to the forum, James!
 >44<

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 05:01:51 PM »
Hi dave,Dare i say dora could have been a bit too much of a cryer for me.I dont think i could have put up with all the moaning and weeping.Id preffer her to be a bit more "happy". :)

Don't worry James, Mr Loopy feels the same as you about Dora.  

Someone's got to care

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 07:51:47 PM »

I'm pleased to hear that, James. One less for me to compete with for her attention! ;D

Offline sue

• Western Rider
  • I Love Steve.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 12:11:37 AM »

Hi James. A warm welcome from me too!

:)

And a warm welcome to all the new members who have joined recently and whose  introduction posts I may have missed.  Sorry.  ::)
 :)

"all you are, and all you mean to me"

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 12:54:40 PM »
Wonderful pics James. I'm going to split this thread and put your photos in your own thread HERE in Photographs and Artwork. Just in case you wonder where they have gone  :D