Author Topic: HELP NEEDED  (Read 18089 times)

Offline Marie

• Cross Country Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
Re: HELP NEEDED
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2013, 03:26:53 PM »
I hope you didn't have to miss Follyfoot, Marie!!  :o ::) ;)

I actually managed to see about five minutes of it while getting ready, Sabrina!  >41< ;) :)

Offline Doraisinmyheart

• New Rider
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2013, 04:12:14 PM »
OK folks , ITV Global Entertainment Ltd own the rights to Follyfoot
Now type this into google , see the list of bosses there . Do not phone you will be directed to viewer services , I will sending a letter to the top man... So if you really want this folks do put pen to paper >326< >77<

Offline Barney

• New Rider
  • Follyfoot Forever!
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2013, 04:56:57 PM »
 ;)

Hi Ian - Barney here

I just wanted to congratulate you on your enthusiasm to, amongst other things get Follyfoot repeated.  Like you, a couple of years ago I looked up the contacts for ITV Global, and sent the following email to Tobias:

08/12/2011

To: tobias.degraaff@itv.com

Good afternoon Tobias

I need your help please!

Could you point me in the right direction as to who to contact in order for a repeat of the Yorkshire Television series Follyfoot to be considered?

When I email ITV I just get the standard "Thank you for your interest and we have made a note of your enquiry".

Follyfoot was a classic drama television series that was set in a rescue centre for retired and ill treated horses, and at its peak attracted over twelve million viewers.  It was all filmed on location in the Yorkshire dales, and was pure quality family entertainment.

Follyfoot had acting and storylines of the highest possible standard and won the 1972 Bafta for best drama series.  Follyfoot was groundbreaking in that it was made for a teenage audience and had characters that you could really identify with.  There is a such a need for this type of drama on television today, and I really hope serious consideration can be given to this request.

With War Horse, the new film directed by Steven Spielberg being released at Christmas, this is going to create a need for more family based drama featuring horses, and this is where Follyfoot will exactly fit the bill.

I hope you will be able to pass on my request to the relevant department, and may I thank you for you time Tobias - very much appreciated.

Best regards

Unfortunately I didn't receive a response, but I am hoping that at least he read it.  I did write several letters to Paul Fox, the then MD of Yorkshire Television in the mid 1980's, asking for Follyfoot to be repeated and he responded by personal letter each time.  He was adamant that Follyfoot would, and could not be re-shown.  Then surprise, surprise I get a letter from Gillian Blake, just a few months later, saying that they were repeating the series.

I really hope other members will join Ian, in writing to ITV Global, requesting a full repeat of all thirty nine episodes, because remember:

Dreams come true when you want them to, if you want them them to, then it's up to you.

Good luck Ian and best regards - Barney

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2013, 06:02:28 PM »
I must say, with regard cruelty to animals on the up -including ill treatment of horses- not just Follyfoot should be repeated on tv but in my opinion a new modern version should also be considered  :)

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2013, 06:12:09 PM »
Thanks for the info Ian and for the reminder of your attempts Barney!  >41<

Offline Doraisinmyheart

• New Rider
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2013, 02:10:41 PM »
Local Radio Station in Nottingham asking if you can get The Settler's "Lightnin  Tree" on cd ... Every little angle to get people talking about  Follyfoot  & they are!

Offline pete.r.

• Steeplechasing Star
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2013, 04:14:47 PM »
Last week on Smooth Radio on one of their competitions late at night  they played the Follyfoot
theme tune for about 30 seconds and then asked what childrens programme it
came from in the 1970's-first time I've heard it played on the radio for a long time.
Cut out the strong to help the weak

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2013, 06:13:57 PM »
Good to hear the name Follyfoot/The Lightning tree played on the radio!  >116<

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2013, 10:57:23 AM »
Last week on Smooth Radio on one of their competitions late at night  they played the Follyfoot
theme tune for about 30 seconds and then asked what childrens programme it
came from in the 1970's-first time I've heard it played on the radio for a long time.
>108<
Cheers,
Sabrina

Offline Doraisinmyheart

• New Rider
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2013, 07:09:48 AM »
I have enlisted the help of a local Radio Nottingham DJ Paul Robey who has a show on Sunday afternoons , I have suggested a feature called " Which 70's TV Shows would You like to see Back on the small screen" . The Settlers " Lightning Tree " gets a lot of air play  on Paul's  show  ,We need help  from the media & especially those who live in the Yorkshire area , if we can get people talking about Follyfoot up & down the country then those ITV bosses will have to sit up & take notice

Offline Gillian G

• Endurance Rider
  • These are all treasures
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2013, 11:30:26 AM »
I have enlisted the help of a local Radio Nottingham DJ Paul Robey who has a show on Sunday afternoons , I have suggested a feature called " Which 70's TV Shows would You like to see Back on the small screen" . The Settlers " Lightning Tree " gets a lot of air play  on Paul's  show  ,We need help  from the media & especially those who live in the Yorkshire area , if we can get people talking about Follyfoot up & down the country then those ITV bosses will have to sit up & take notice
That's great,  we'll have to wait and see what happens   >41<
All you are, and all you mean to me

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2013, 12:20:33 PM »
I have suggested a feature called " Which 70's TV Shows would You like to see Back on the small screen"

Good idea!  8)

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2013, 12:46:05 PM »
Won't do any harm.   Good luck >41<

Someone's got to care

Offline Jean Dawson

• Cross Country Rider
  • Aim for the sky even if you reach the mountain top