Author Topic: HELP NEEDED  (Read 18081 times)

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
Re: HELP NEEDED
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2011, 12:28:11 PM »
This is good news Jane... good luck with your detective work!   ::) 

Someone's got to care

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2011, 01:16:58 PM »
Good luck! Fingers crossed  >41<

Offline Equestrienne

• Stable Hand
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2011, 01:24:03 AM »
I have just emailed as well, hopefully if the requests "do not go away", they might  eventually realise that people really do want the show  back and not just a "community" of fans - As such I've not mentioned here, or being a fan of FF as that  makes me  too easy to dismiss as "just another fan".

Coming  from Manchester, I know quite a bit about Granada and how it took over Yorkshire TV (and so acquired FF I  believe)?  They used  to have their own addresses for programme requests, especially in the earlier days of satellite TV, so I tried to do a bit of researching, but the very first thing I  found was this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granada_Ltd.

Granada and one of the London ITV companies (I think it was Carlton - I had too many problems to deal with at  the time to keep an eye on  what was going  on  at the time),  but they bought up almost all the ITV regions as they were so rich, no-one else could compete with their bids.

So from the Wikipedia article, it seems like when Granada acquired Carlton as well, it BECAME ITV as it finally had bought out every English channel!  I don't think they have Scottish TV channels, but might have Wales as I think that  merged with Bristol didn't it?  I'm not sure about the Northern Irish ITV station,  I don't think they got that yet though either?   Presumably they then "spun off"  Granada Ltd. to run ITV then.

So it seems  that  contacting "Granada" as the rights holder to FF might be pointless, as it would seem likely to just be referred to the ITV address that Jane so kindly posted right back at the start of this thread...

I will let you know if I get any sort of reply back.

Best  wishes,

Nancy

Offline Equestrienne

• Stable Hand
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2011, 10:00:24 PM »
Well, I got a quick reply and I'm a bit confused and a little suprised.

It seems to be a form reply, but one that says my comments have been noted, then thanking me and inviting me to email again if they can help.  All nice, normal plattiudes... but I realised that nowhere does it say "no it is not comming back on the screens". Do you think it might be too much to hope they are at least considering it?

Best wishes,

Nancy

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2011, 06:36:12 AM »
I'm afraid that is the stock answer we all got Nancy  >:(  Thanks for sending an email anyway.  >41<

Dreams come true if you want them to......maybe we should all try again in the new Year  :)

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2011, 11:05:12 AM »
Dreams come true if you want them to......maybe we should all try again in the new Year  :)

Yes, keep nagging - they'll soon get fed up with us and then who knows?   ::)   ;)

Someone's got to care

Offline Equestrienne

• Stable Hand
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2011, 10:35:05 PM »
Well I'm not prepared to give up!

It seems mainstream channels want to unload "childrens" programmes to satellite.  I wonder if they are seeing FF as purely kid's stuff and so ignoring requests for it on ITV3.  I wonder if it is worth trying for CITV?

What do others think?  My idea was to suggest it would be excelent serialised daily during December/Early Jan for the Children's Christmas holidays next year?  After all, they and several childrens satellite TV channels find "The Saddle Club" always popular!  I even wondered if we could get "Horse and Country" TV interested, but I'm not sure they have the budget?

Alternatively, what if we went to the horsey mags?  Said how much we had enjoyed FF and would be sure the social and interpersonal aspects would be just as interesting to todays children, if only they could be given the chance of seeing just how good the British trendsetter of "ponies and problems" series were?

What do you think, any of it worth trying perhaps?

Best wishes,

Nancy

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2011, 11:35:56 PM »
Anything's worth trying.   8)

Someone's got to care

Offline Rob

• Western Rider
  • Lightning Tree Fan
    • Rob Sissons
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2011, 01:02:23 AM »
I'd agree - we should keep trying to promote FF and get it back on TV!
 :)

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2011, 06:33:42 AM »
Totally agree Nancy.  >94< 

Offline Doraisinmyheart

• New Rider
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2013, 07:32:04 AM »
Now my Letter has been sent to ITV , I am now turning my efforts to Network DVD to get the series remastered now this is where we all can get involved , if you notice " The Family Of Strangers" episode from series 2 you see it is a beautiful print , they can do it for the other 38 episodes so please get involved & create a group of determined who want to put a smile on Gillian , Steve, Christian, Jane & our Jane's face,,,,WE CAN ...WE WILL

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2013, 12:34:53 PM »
As for Network, I'm not sure how much joy you will get there. They had a devastating fire a while back at their factory and all the separate series of the DVDs went up in smoke  :o You can only buy the box set at the moment from what I can see  >367<

But never say never and I hope you have some luck!  >41<

Offline Doraisinmyheart

• New Rider
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2013, 04:35:04 PM »
Hi Jane
           I share your disappointment at this  but I am determined to get a result

Offline Marie

• Cross Country Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2013, 08:11:20 PM »
I think perhaps the best idea is to start an internet petition for the Follyfoot series to be re-shown on TV.  That worked with the relaunch of a chocolate bar anyway (think it was Cadbury's Wispa?)  :)  Can't understand why it hasn't been repeated since 1988 (and I can tell you the exact date - 23 April 88 - as it was my sister's wedding day!)  :)

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2013, 12:40:30 AM »
Can't understand why it hasn't been repeated since 1988 (and I can tell you the exact date - 23 April 88 - as it was my sister's wedding day!)  :)
I hope you didn't have to miss Follyfoot, Marie!!  :o ::) ;)
Cheers,
Sabrina