Author Topic: Ron's bike...  (Read 7735 times)

Offline Howard Kettle

• New Rider
  • I Love Dora
Ron's bike...
« on: March 02, 2011, 03:20:56 PM »
Can anyone tell me the model it is that Ron rides in the series, please?

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
Re: Ron's bike...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »
Hi Howard

It's a Triumph Tiger Cub and I believe it was Christian's own bike.  Jane used to have one so she'll know all about it.   :)

Someone's got to care

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 05:54:53 PM »
She did?! I have completely missed this info...

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 06:27:20 PM »
Did Ron appear with a couple of different bikes during the 3-episodes or am i getting old and the mind is starting to play tricks?.  ;D I thought i remember seeing Ron riding (or pushing?  ;D) what looked abit like a 'Harley' (a touch of the 1969 movie Easy Rider?) then a different bike in other episodes with 'straight handle bars' or am i imagining it?. Micky  >73<  

One things for sure Dora looked really cool ridng on the bike with Ron, infact she always looked happy being with Ron rather then the bloke who lived up in the loft?.  ;D
''Not more flamming horses girl''.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 06:53:44 PM »
Yes it was Truimph Tiger Cub as Loopy says. I did own one and just like Ron's it was always breaking down  ;D

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 08:08:49 PM »
One things for sure Dora looked really cool ridng on the bike with Ron, infact she always looked happy being with Ron rather then the bloke who lived up in the loft?. 

Not all the time micky, he did wind her up a few times!  She did look happy riding on the back of his bike though  8)  ;) 

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 11:15:30 PM »
Not all the time micky, he did wind her up a few times!  She did look happy riding on the back of his bike though  8)  ;) 

I seem to remember her riding on the back with Steve up front too in 'Shadow'!   

Someone's got to care

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 11:34:58 PM »
Funny to think now but when Ron use to 'nudged' the farm gate open with his bike i use to think that was outrageous!. Mainly because it showed (to me) that Ron didn't care about the horse's or Follyfoot in general but i was only about 14 when Follyfoot was on the telly in 1971 and i liked horse's more so back then but it's funny now thinking back to those silly thoughts 40 years on?. Micky  ;)

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 11:47:35 PM »
Funny to think now but when Ron use to 'nudged' the farm gate open with his bike i use to think that was outrageous!.

Just like Steve then.   ::)

Someone's got to care

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 11:54:44 PM »
Just like Steve then.   ::)

Yeah i use to like Steve he was the 'good guy' and Ron was the 'bad guy' but like i said i was only 14 and it was a simple way to think of things back then.

When i was a child i thought like a child but now i am a man and 40 years on i (still) think like a child?!?!. Sorry folks that made me laugh writting it  :D

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 11:57:48 PM »

Yeah i use to like Steve he was the 'good guy' and Ron was the 'bad guy' but like i said i was only 14 and it was a simple way to think of things back then.

When i was a child i thought like a child but now i am a man and 40 years on i (still) think like a child?!?!. Sorry folks that made me laugh writting it  :D

Biblical quotes now Micky.... probably talking about an angel like Steve  >13< made you think of that quote.   ;D

Someone's got to care

Offline Mickey

• Endurance Rider
  • "Beep Beep"
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 12:05:06 AM »
Yeah Steve was alright i liked him alot. A constant in an ever changing world you could rely on Steve for ever and a day and as honest as the day is long... Micky  ;)

I can't believe i said all those good things about old Steve?. Must be getting mellow in my old age?.  ;D

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 06:16:50 AM »
I seem to remember her riding on the back with Steve up front too in 'Shadow'!   

Dora the biker chick  8)

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 09:16:50 AM »
Was that particular bike common those days Jane or did you fancy other things from the series than just the horses (and Steve)? Which came first, FF or the bike?  ???  :)
Anne

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 12:19:39 PM »
Follyfoot, then bikes   8)

They were fairly common bikes. I wish I'd kept mine now, even though there was usually an oil-slick underneath it  ::)