Author Topic: Hello from Tamara  (Read 12100 times)

Offline PaulE

• Stable Hand
  • White socks are cool!
Re: Hello from Tamara
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 10:20:28 AM »
Hi Tamara, and welcome to the forum!

I've still got a copy of the Look In magazine with your letter in it - a scan is here:

http://follyfoot-tv.co.uk/gallery/books/Articles/dLookIn33a.jpg

Can you remember anything more about the times Gillian spent at your house?

Regards

Paul

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 12:38:16 PM »
Don't want to bother you with a load of questions, Tamara, but if I could only ask one "do you have the answer to why Follyfoot did not go on to a fourth series?"  This has been a mystery to fans for over 35 years and perhaps one of the top-ten questions we would like to resolve and clear up all the speculation that has been discussed at length.

No worries if it is not something you feel able to answer.

Offline breton

• Head Groom
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 01:14:54 PM »
Hello and >33< >60< look forward to hearing from you  :)

Offline Tamara

• Stable Hand
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 05:34:21 PM »
Hi Tamara, and welcome to the forum!

I've still got a copy of the Look In magazine with your letter in it - a scan is here:

http://follyfoot-tv.co.uk/gallery/books/Articles/dLookIn33a.jpg

Can you remember anything more about the times Gillian spent at your house?

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul - gosh I don't remember that letter, though i do remember LookIn.  The link didn't work for me - can you send me the jpg of it?

Yes Of course I remember Gillian at the house.  She lived with us for a few months at the start, and I have polaroids from that time.  I'll try and scan some and bring them to Leeds.

Cheers,
Tamara

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 05:54:38 PM »
Hi Tamara- being one of the younger generation who were too young to properly appreciate Follyfoot the first time around, I remembered the series when it was repeated during the 1970s and certainly as an adult now, I rediscovered the series via the DVD collection. I love it's format as a teenage drama series! Like some of the others on the forum (even tho after hearing your information from the horses mouth)  ::) believe the series should have perhaps somehow carried on in some way! Clearly your father had a sense of genius about his work  :)

Your photos of Gillian will be amazing-especially if you can consider please puting a couple of them onto the forum.  :)
Thanks! Pete.   

Offline breton

• Head Groom
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 06:27:11 PM »
How exciting ,having Gillian live with you  >21< Cant wait to see the photos (working on OH to let me come to 40th)

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 06:32:13 PM »
Hi Paul - gosh I don't remember that letter, though i do remember LookIn.  The link didn't work for me - can you send me the jpg of it?

It doesn't work for me either, it looks like the website is down for the moment, It'll probably be back later  :)

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 06:38:53 PM »
Hi Dave -

Two or three reasons really.  Dad was a stickler for quality - would never compromise on that.  And he always felt that doing too many of a show would risk reducing the quality.  Not only that coming up with script ideas gets more difficult, but also that cast members can become tired within characters and it begins to show.  Plus he had begun working on the "Luke's Kingdom" show which was a joint production between Yorkshire TV and Channel 7 in Australia and we were getting ready to move out there for that show.  Finally I seem to recall that one of the cast wasn't going to be available anyway - possibly Desmond though I wouldn't swear to it.  Might have been Arthur.

Hope that helps!
Tamara

This is really appreciated, Tamara, many thanks.  :)

dave

Offline Alfy Door

• Carriage Driver
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 07:50:01 PM »

Once again Tamara, many thanks for the information :)

I knew a Tamara once - lovely name. Though you can imagine the treatment she got here in Scotland ::)

Offline Alfy Door

• Carriage Driver
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 07:55:05 PM »
 I remember the first issues of Look-In too. The first few weeks you got cut-outs to make your own Magpie studio, though I didn't know anyone who really watched Magpie. Just about everyone preferred Blue Peter.

And aside from Follyfoot, it had picture strips and articles for Timeslip, Please Sir (or was it Fenn St Gang by then? >48<), Ace of Wands.  "The Junior TV Times"!  Those were the days...

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2010, 08:19:18 PM »

Thanks for all the information Tamara. Looking forward to seeing those photos  :)

Offline retep

• Stable Hand
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2010, 11:45:49 PM »
Hi Tamara!  :) A warm welcome from me too.

What a nice Christmas/New Year surprise, to have someone with such close links to Follyfoot join the forum.

Offline Marie

• Cross Country Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2010, 10:23:39 PM »
 >33< Hi, Tamara, lovely to have you join the forum.  :)

Offline timb9095

• Dressage Rider
  • Its too hot for stew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2010, 10:29:35 PM »
A hearty welcome to you Tamara.

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well.

I look forward to meeting you and thanks for all the snippets you've given us so far.

All the best.

Tim

Offline Sabrina

• Administrator
  • Follyfoot rules OK!!
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2011, 10:08:24 AM »
Hi Tamara,
So glad you've joined us! We won't bombard you too much I hope with questions about Back In The Day but we'd all love to hear anything you remember. I'm desperately hoping to be at the reunion too and look forward to meeting you if you can make it too.
Cheers,
Sabrina