Author Topic: Hello from Tamara  (Read 12266 times)

Offline Tamara

• Stable Hand
Hello from Tamara
« on: December 27, 2010, 03:24:40 PM »
Hi there - I'm new to the forum but not to Follyfoot :-)  Forum member Nicky got in touch with me to find out whether I'm the same Tamara Essex mentioned on several FF fansites - and yes I am.  My dad, Tony, was the producer and also wrote many episodes, and my uncle Francis wrote "The Lightening Tree".  I went on all the original location-hunting trips with my parents when we'd moved to Yorkshire at the very beginning of Yorkshire TV, and I clearly remember the day we found the exact right place.

Anyway that's enough about that.  I hope to be at the anniversary weekend at Leeds and look forward to it very much.  See you all soon - in writing or in person!

Tamara

Offline loopylin

• Western Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
Re: Hello from Tamara
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 04:29:49 PM »
welcome tamarra-expect lots of questions from the members of this forum! it's good to have you here. sadly i will not be able to make the leeds gathering but look forward to your future posts- linda aka norfolk dumpling as loopy and i sometimes get mixed up
linda-norfolk dumpling

Offline Rob

• Western Rider
  • Lightning Tree Fan
    • Rob Sissons
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 04:33:10 PM »
Great to hear from you, Tamara, and look forward to hearing about your Follyfoot memories!

:)

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.

Offline Loopy

• Global Moderator
  • Follyfoot - My day in the sun!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 04:53:42 PM »
A very big welcome from me Tamara.   >33<   So glad you are hoping to come to the anniversary weekend.  You must have so many memories of those Follyfoot years and I'm looking forward to hearing about them.

Someone's got to care

Offline NokuMarie

• Cross Country Rider
  • "No matter where you go, there you are."
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 05:13:59 PM »
Is this a fantastic Christmas present or what?!   >2<  A new member who's actually Been There and Done That!  A thousand welcomes, Tamara!
(And would someone please thank Nick for bringing her into the fold?)

I'd barter my firstborn son for an airline ticket to Leeds next year... but... oh wait!... I haven't got one.  Drat.  Oh well... I intend to be there in spirit if not in body.

Offline Jane

• 3 Day Event Champion
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 05:40:31 PM »
A warm welcome to you Tamara.  :)

So glad you have joined the forum, I hope you enjoy your visits here and hopefully we'll be seeing you at the 40th event!  8)

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 07:23:21 PM »
WOW!  :) Same here, Tamara! Hope to hear some of your memories! :) squeakytre

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 07:38:15 PM »
A very warm welcome Tamara, I hope you manage to visit this Forum sometimes too and looking forward to meeting you next year.  >33<
We would have SO many questions for a person who was there at that time! Follyfantastic!  >44<
Anne

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 07:41:04 PM »
Is this a fantastic Christmas present or what?!   >2<  A new member who's actually Been There and Done That!  A thousand welcomes, Tamara!
(And would someone please thank Nick for bringing her into the fold?)

I'd barter my firstborn son for an airline ticket to Leeds next year... but... oh wait!... I haven't got one.  Drat.  Oh well... I intend to be there in spirit if not in body.

Well frased Sheryl! Didn't you have several daughters, could you sell one of them for white slavery? Or a grandchild perhaps? Are you sure there isn't any way you could attend?!  ???
Anne

Offline squeakytre

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 07:51:47 PM »
Yes...please try and come Noku.. :)..... but not to worry if you are unable to... :(

Offline NokuMarie

• Cross Country Rider
  • "No matter where you go, there you are."
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 08:18:24 PM »
Didn't you have several daughters, could you sell one of them...

Yes... I have two cougars... er... daughters.  Housebroken and halter-trained but have never done well under harness.  You know the type... looks good in the sales ring but kicks and bites when you get it in the barn.  I doubt they'd fetch the price of a round-trip transatlantic ticket.

In any case, my vacation funds for 2011 are already committed.  I'm afraid I'll have to remain with the unfortunate contingent who'll be enjoying the festivities from afar.  This means, of course, that it will be incumbent upon the attendees to take LOTS OF PICTURES!

Offline Anne

• Endurance Rider
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 08:22:12 PM »
Oh no  :( Well, I try to do my bit with the pics for sure. Hey wait a minute, how about selling the Other? And without refunding option!  :D
Anne

Offline Alfy Door

• Carriage Driver
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 09:06:31 PM »

A very warm welcome Tamara :)

Look forward to chatting here.

Offline hollinhare

• Dressage Rider
  • I Love Follyfoot
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 09:58:35 PM »
Welcome Tamara!  ;) :)

Offline dave

• Show Jumping Champion
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 10:04:36 AM »
Tamara, welcome, and you are quite a Christmas pressie for this forum. I add a quote here from another site:

'The series was a huge success, judged the Best Children's Programme of 1972 by the Society of Film and Television Arts and was bought by television companies in twenty countries. Some of the credit should go to Tony Essex's daughter, Tamara who first convinced her father that a programme would work. As Essex recalled, "We aimed the series at the young teenage audience-a completely unknown area at the time it first began. The success was quite astonishing to me. Something in the programme clicked with a wider range of viewers." There was even rumour at one time of a movie version, although this never transpired.'

It appears we are all here in some part due to your approval of the Follyfoot idea. Wow!!!! :)